main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Maul (Marvel) #1-5 & Probe Droid Problem (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by starocean90, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Nah, that's because Jedi killed a lot of Sith during the battle, Sidious says Jedi struck a heavy blow to the Sith which was the point of the flashback. Feeling the pain and the lost of the Sith, not of the Jedi.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Just an idea.[face_dunno]

Of course it was the sith. The idea was more about the looks. But I don't suppose to know.

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I remember. But I was wondering in my last post if the Jedi using cross guards was because it was the saber of the time. Or instead of it being the main Jedi saber, various others still used traditional blades.

4. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    I missed this guy: :D

[​IMG]

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The fire and ash stuff looked very much like what Darth Bane's apparition on TCW was made and formed out've, the spirits also having the burning flame-like eyes. One of the images looked a kinda like Marka Ragnos, not all the lightsabers are crossguard, a few are more traditional. The slash wounds/deaths they showed Maul enduring looked like the wounds he sustained on Naboo, Tatooine and the hand wounds Dooku had onboard Invisible Hand .

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've wondered about this ever since Ezra found the green crossguard saber there in Rebels.

7. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Hasn't it been established in the new canon that the red blade is produced as a result of a dark side-user communing with the kyber crystal when the lightsaber is made? If the Sith are using blue and green blades, would that imply they're all stolen?
    Also, on the cross guard blades, I'd like to think it's just a fad of that era. Like bell bottoms. Makes Kylo Ren a bit more of a sad poser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Lightsaber color is determined at construction. So after a mass schism in the order, assuming none of the former Jedi (now Sith) didn't build a new lightasber, then their color would be the same as when they were a Jedi. Its possible the Sith didn't discover the bleeding technique for some time after their initial turn. At very least not until some of them had to reconstruct their lighstaber after losing it in a fight. Or at latest after the first generation of Sith came of age to build their own sabers. But again its just a theory.

9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe the process of "bleeding" the kyber crystal did not yet come into effect until Darth Bane and his order of Two. So Sith(mostly former Jedi) just used their regular blades(like early Vader via ROTS), and the color was not important to them .*Or a less orthodox view could be maybe everyone fighting were Sith and they destroyed eachother. Maul being on Malachor during the dark times brings new insight, since he can absorb knowledge there, even from the dead, and it was place of importance to him in his youth during his training , a place that empowered his will and strengthened his mettle.

10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Disney should eventually realize the potential the old republic era has. I don't want to keep having future trilogies and tv series always set post-RoTJ.

I want to see and explore a generation of sith born on a Sith occupied Coruscant, and this generation will experience the Sith being kicked off the planet. Story about a Sith academy on the planet and its members. The steps that are heading for another great war. While also getting bits and pieces on the Sith and Jedi and state of the galaxy before the Sith took coruscant. Bread crumbs that could further shine in later works.

And on the topic of red blades, its best that even pre-Bane Sith figured out how to bleed crystals for the red color. It is such an iconic appearance for Sith, that it shouldn't be left to just Banes kind.

Though in days of old, there should be a little bit of diversity in colors Sith use. You can have the ex-Jedi that for whatever reason keeps his Jedi color as a Sith (like Exar Kun). There can also be Sith that enjoy keeping blades from those they have killed.

Very unlikely to happen in the new continuity, but what if Synthetic crystals were brought back. But this time keep it to just ancient sith lightsabers (far pre-Bane). A technique that was lost/discarded as time went on. The only color that could come from a synth crystal is red. Before learning how to bleed crystals, synth crystals could be the Sith's 1st attempt to get their own distinguished color, separate from the Jedi.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  12. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    When this was pointed out to Pablo, I recall he thought it was wierd, and didn't really make sense with what had been established. Looks like the (defunct and unavailable now) game had a detail slip through the cracks.

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's the Anzati all over again.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe thats the problem with solely using or relying on those guys as a source, or rather their views/interpretations or memory.

Its beyond the game in any case, its in the Rogue One novel:

[​IMG]

15. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    When he says "That's a Legends thing" he's referring specifically to the idea that Sith use synthetic kyber crystals in their lightsabers, not to whether or not synthetic kyber crystals exist.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    My mistake then, although Taalcon's comment did not read like that to me. Pablo was apparently referencing Ultimate Star Wars that has a few minor mistakes or hold overs from previous canon - they mention about Sidious' lightsaber using a "synth crystal", but other passages on red lightsabers use "Sith crystals", so its curious if was a goof or typo, in any case yeah in the new continuity as I said Sith Lords and their red lightsaber wielding minions do not use synthetic crystals.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  17. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Has Grakkus's obsession with Jedi ever been explained?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    No, but he's a collector. Or maybe he's Beldorion.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    My money is still on him being the long lost fourth Battletoad.

21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I don't think a collector's obsession necessarily needs explanation.

22. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm really into the new canon's determination to create a few very influential characters that keep showing up and become very deeply developed, and then use those characters to hang story and other characters on, rather than just kind of running amok.

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Wookieepedia's info on Sith history is wonky in general, not just due to the Shrine dating thing but also because of their using the old Star Wars Encyclopedia (the online one that was superseded by the Databank following the canon reboot) as a canon source. I've read Brandon Rhea's explanation of why they do it but his reasoning really doesn't make sense.

MandaloreRex2015 and cwustudent like this.
  24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There we go again.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014