Lit Darth Maul (Marvel) #1-5 & Probe Droid Problem (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by starocean90, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Stymi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just finished the first issue. Rathtars...lol. A little silly, IMO.

I also liked what seemed to be a more fleshed out characterization of TPM-era Maul. His defiance of Palps even then. Less mindless lapdog.

I thought they did a pretty good job of sorta of blending TPM Maul and TCW/Rebels Maul. He seemed very TPM. Much more badass and quite. But a rich inner life. I kept hearing Wittwer's Maul voice in my head as I read.

The story is so far ok...Maul on a mission to kill people.

Sent from Moto X-Wing
    Sudooku likes this.
  2. cubman987 PT Book Club Host - PT Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Finally got around to finishing this series. Great artwork throughout and I'm pretty happy with how the story, gave some nice insight into Maul's mind and his relationship with Palpatine. Really everything was a bit predictable but that was kind of a good thing in this case. I hope we can get some more Maul comics in the future that deal with other parts of his life.
  3. Sudooku Jedi Knight

star 3
    It is quite difficult to buy that comic. Seems to be a selling magnet.
  4. Vorax Jedi Master

star 5
    Darth Maul the ultimate hunter is on the hunt for the ultimate predators. . .

[IMG]

;)
  5. KikReask Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Finished it today, was quite good actually, art was damn well beautiful at times too. Conclusion to the duel between Maul and the Padawan however felt a tiny bit rushed but it was a fun enough fight. My favourite thing about the comic was getting into Maul's head a little and how he thinks, even if it's a bit clustered. My least favourite thing, probably Aurra Sing. Was excited to see her in a comic again but there wasn't much to her. But overall I'd be happy to get the tradeback and stack it alongside my Darth Maul 2000 trade. :)
    Sudooku and kalzeth like this.
  6. Lord Sith Harloxzz Jedi Knight

star 3
  7. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 6
    Really? I loved the ending, all the pieces clicked into place and, in the end, Maul is just left with his hatred. But killing off the head auctioner lady may have been his way of mourning the Padawan that he HAD to kill himself but the crooks messed everything up so Maul killed her out of spite / tribute. To the Padawan. That he killed himself.
  8. Vorax Jedi Master

star 5
    Maul also slaughtered everyone onboard Xev's space station off panel , eliminating what was left of her entire cartel and personal guards . Which on one hand was kinda of a downer as we did not get to see it occur like in original DH Darth Maul comic where we get to see him wiping out every Black Sun vigo's and their armies of thugs. Still on the other hand, sometimes less is more and the comic probably faced time and page constraints in production. Was an excellent series but Lucasfilm/Marvel making it a 5 issues mini-series seemed like a bad call. The ending itself seems not to be an ending but just another beginning where Maul has open range to carry out his carnage and revenge against the Jedi and lead us right into TPM. Clandestinely killing Jedi is ok, just as long it remains a secret before coming out in the open(TPM) which was true enough in some of the older EU pre-TPM Maul stories. We also need to learn a lil more about Eldra Kaitis, perhaps have her master search for her along with some other Jedi, and Maul eliminates them or he seeks out her master out've his code of revenge.
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.