main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Darth Maul Master Replicas Force FX Saber!!!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well most will say Obi's is teh copper or star shapped nuts on the side of the clamp, and lukes would be those arrows... Hense using Qui as the best example ;)

2. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    Well here it is... I was searching on ebay when I found this. "At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge!!"

*Note: I'm not the seller of this auction. I just wanted to update folks on this. Auction is over.

S_S edit: posting links to eBay auctions that are not your own is not allowed, unless you have the express permission of the seller, or suspect the auction may be a scam.

3. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    I just thought of something, you know how his covertec thing is black? Well, if you buy the saber in 2 halves, wouldn't you have the black covertec thing on both ends (or not at all)? There's only supposed to be one. P.S. too bad that's only a pre-order... I think I'm going to make a custom Sith costume and get 1 DM saber.

EDIT: Check this out!

4. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
  5. illbeats

illbeats Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    [image=http://www.akaimpc.com/files/dm.JPG]http://www.akaimpc.com/files/dm.JPG

6. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Fett_Man just type the URL if it's a website forget about clicking the link button.

7. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=6118

Hope that works. So is it out yet? And does anyone have pics of it ignited?

8. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    That saber looks pretty cool!

Minder, this is the one to have for sure for your Maul costume! Then all you need are the boots. How much do those run anyway?

Elijah

9. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Yes it will basically be doubled on each side. Something some hardcore prop guys have already complained about. That and the fact that the buttons won't line up due to the connector being screw on and you can QC threads for each saber.

I don't care. I love Maul and will pick up one of the dual kits for sure.

To answer the previously asked battery question: I believe it's the newest tech using 3 batteries like the ROTS Ani and newest Vader.

10. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Don't forget the re-release of ROTJ Luke, as well!

11. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    Wasn't the LUke re-release 6 batteries like the Mace? I think mine is.

12. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    The button issue was addressed and corrected. They line up correctly now and you will have a covertec clip on both ends.(not that you could use them)

13. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Unless you know how to remove the blade... I'm sure not long after the release of this saber we're going to see a thread titled 'How to remove your Darth Maul FX Saber Blade Tutorial!'. BTW, does nobody have pics of the thing ignited?

14. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    I just got this e-mail from MR:

Only $199! (Picture of DM double bladed saber.)
    Collectors Society On Sale:
    February 21, 2006
    (9:00 am Pacific Time)
    General Public On Sale Date:
    February 23, 2006
    Expected to begin shipping:
    Late Spring 2006

Forged as a hateful weapon of evil by his master, Darth Sidious, the creature known as Darth Maul had but one goal: to exact revenge on the Jedi order for the decimation of the Sith a millennium ago.
    Master Replicas offers you the chance to don your dark robes and arm yourself for the first time with our amazing Full Double-Bladed Darth Maul? Force FX Lightsaber?.

Yes! We?ve pushed the boundaries of technology once again to bring you not one, but two blades of scintillating energy. Delivering twice the action and twice the excitement as never before. Now you can exact your own revenge and relive the unforgettable battles of Darth Maul?

This awesome collectible features -

Power up/power down light and sound effects
    Idle, hum and clash sound effects taken from original sound files supplied by Skywalker Sound
    Quality metal construction
    Display stand featuring the Star Wars logo
    Ability to be assembled as a double bladed lightsaber or used as two, battle damaged, single blade lightsabers

Only $119!
    Collectors Society On Sale: (Picture of DM battle damaged saber)
    February 21, 2006
    General Public On Sale Date:
    February 23, 2006
    Expected to begin shipping:
    Mid Spring 2006 During his vicious and heated battle with Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul?s unique double bladed lightsaber was cleaved in two.
    Master Replicas gives you the choice: Full Double-Bladed or ?Battle Damaged? Single-Bladed? Either way you?ll be well armed to wage war and seek vengeance on the Jedi.

The ?Battle Damaged? Single-Bladed Darth Maul? Force FX Lightsaber? features ?

Power up/power down light and sound effects
    Idle, hum and clash sound effects taken from original sound files supplied by Skywalker Sound
    Quality metal construction
    Display stand featuring the Star Wars logo
    Can be combined with a second Darth Maul? Lightsaber Force FX?: Single Blade (sold separately) to make a double blade lightsaber

In a galaxy at war there exists one hunter, feared above all others?

15. Hitogiri

Hitogiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    The blades look rather pinkish to me..... might as well have named him Darth Millie...lol

16. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Man, you have to screw them together, making it nearly impossible to line up the activation controls! Why couldn't it be to just 'snap' them together?

17. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    Just a thought, couldnt they thread it a special way so it can only go together and match up?
    Toy companies do this all the time but it might be different because its metal but i know that my count dooku plastic saber screws together and allways matches up.

18. quaff-down

quaff-down Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    This is going to be my favorite fx saber when its released, even more than the Anakin ROTS.

19. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I'm wanting the Luke ROTJ Border's Exclusive myself.

20. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    If you notice, the Vader FX saber is also pink. The reason for the reds being pinks is that they are in light. Yes, light. The more light on a red FX the more pink it becomes.

21. XGundam05

XGundam05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2006
    Now someone just has to get one of those, bust it, and get it converted to Luxeon:p

22. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    Well, i already ordered mine but I'm sure as hell not converting it to anything.

23. tk0084

tk0084 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    Yes they both are but they will work on 3 batteries. I have both of mine w/3 batteries & there is no difference in sound or brighness of the blade w/the 3 batteries you just have to play around w/the configuration until you fine the appropriate 3 to keep in.

24. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, one of the fanforce member here recommanded using Energizer e2/Lithium Batteries for the FX to get brighter color and longer usage time, especially AOTC Anakin FX that have "problems" like one of the other FanForce member's (always so dim). I had tried it myself and it is really true. ;)

The only problem is that over here, those batteries (cause meant for Digital Camera etc) cost SGD9.95 for just 2 compared to regular Energizer Batteries at SGD1.80-2.50 per 2.

Will be getting the Full Double Bladed FX and putting down my deposit with the local distributor soon.

25. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I want mine with removeable blades Durnit!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.