main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Darth Maul origins theory

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JarJar_IS_Tarkin, Mar 26, 2017.

1. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

JarJar_IS_Tarkin Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Hey guys!

This might be a stretch, but if you carefully follow the clues it makes sense. It's somewhat a combination of clues and speculation but in the end it does actually explain the mystery.

So Darth Maul's origin story is a mystery. We know nothing of his origins and he just happened to appear from nowhere. Almost if he didn't have history at all. We'll get to that later.

Then we have this suspicious Jedi, Mace Windu, who is known for using dark side forces in the fighting. Mace Windu is very sithlike in appearance and doesn't seem very jedilike when he is about to arrest Palpatine. He is full of rage and angry. Full of dark side. We all know he falls down to window but it is quite odd he would die there. We hear him screaming all the way down so he is alive there. And he is gone for the remaining of the story. Where did he go?

In the arrest scene where Palpatine takes Anakin as an apprentice after the confrontation, where does that leave Mace Windu? We know that Palpatine uses force lightning and that might generate a massive overvoltage. Mace Windu could reach high speeds on the way down. We also know that The Death Star is in early prototype state at this moment.

When we carefully join all the loose ends it seems obvious that either Palpatine or someone else used a Death Star prototype to open a time portal with the force lightning power and high speed of the fall. The end result is that Mace Windu travelled time backwards and turned into Dart Maul.

What do you guys think?

2. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

Short answer: Nope
    Unless Mace contained a flux capacitor, him going faster than 88mph wouldn't have done a thing, even though he had the lightning covered ;)
    It has been established in canon that Maul was taken as a kid from Talzin by Sidious.

3. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

Jan 7, 2003
    This is explained by the Death Star Prototype. The death star ray is Y-shaped and might have the power to bend timespace to open portal for Mace Windu to fall in. It makes perfect sense. As Darth Maul finally drops down the elevator shaft in The Phantom Menace it foreshadows his first "death" in the Rise of the Sith. Very clever story writing George Lucas.

Also notice their almost similar names Mace - Maul. And Mace has purple saber. Its adds up to the evidence.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  5. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    That is exactly what happened, yes.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Lol, what?

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    [​IMG]

I can honestly say I have never ever heard a theory like that before. Admittedly I have never heard of there being time travel in Star Wars before, or characters spontaneously changing species from human to Zabrak, or the city of Coruscant somehow turning into a prototype Death Star. But otherwise, a solid theory I think... though the connection between Mace's red double-saber and Mace's single purple one eludes me somewhat.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  8. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    OP, are you high?

Qoajo and DementedMeerkat like this.
  10. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Leaving aside all the highly plausible theorizing in your post: What makes you think Mace Windu is "Sithlike" in appearance?

11. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    He's bald and gets kinda scary when he's pissed?

Mostly Handless likes this.
  12. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    (jokingmode/)Wait, it's cos he's black isn't it? (/jokingmode)

13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Bra you kinda lost me with this. What is this about? What do you mean?

14. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

Jan 7, 2003
    Well Mace is sithlike obviously because like someone mentioned he has bald head and he yells and rages at people. He looks people under his eybrowes. And his darker appearance, it's hard kind of to describe but you know what I mean. And he has a purple saber.

That is all I can think of this short of time.

15. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

Jan 7, 2003
    It's probably an anomaly of the time travel. Remember this is a prototype we are speaking of. It does not work 100% all the time. The sabre also may or may not be the same altough there are many similarities between.

16. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    We have time travel anomalies now?

17. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Given this is the first time that time travel has ever been a thing in SW I guess a few anomalies are to be expected. Hell maybe there is no normal, we just don't know. What with time travel and SW never crossing paths at all...

18. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I thought Mauls origin was covered in TCW.

19. Qoajo

Qoajo Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    It was. Sidious took him from Talzin when Maul's mother begged him to. I have no idea what the OP is raving about with time travel, but it has been canonically established that Maul was from Dathomir.

20. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Lt. Hija wrote a treatise on this very topic.

Now we all know that Darth Titibaca was the last known Force user who could manipulate time the way you are proposing. And he died at the battle of Hood Rock 35,000 BBY taking the secret with him. And yes he did use gravity to reach the velocity necessary to open a force portal to go either forward or backwards in time. And yes every time he time traveled he looked radically different, except his gender never changed. All of this was a side effect he had no power over.

Now he could travel in time using gravity and the force. But to travel through space he needed the crude Kyber Cart, similar in many ways to the Death Star, to allow him to exit time travel at a different location that could be across the galaxy.

But as Lt. Hija said in his treatise - even Darth Titibaca could not time travel on Corusant at the time Mace Windu was killed. If you calculate the density of Coruscant's atmosphere, and account for the gravity of the planet and the altitude of those buildings at sun level, you will find that it is impossible to reach the speed needed for time travel through the force. And darth-sinister further proved even using a ship or a jet pack, or even weights on your boots would not help produce enough speed. As we saw Anakin attempt time travel in AotC and could not. And if the choosen one couldn't do it - well.

Now the Death Star only allowed force users to travel sideways in a parallax, so I'm not sure how that factors into any of this. According the "The Star Wars Chronicles" and "Star Wars a Galaxy of Cuisine" this meant anyone ordering delivered take out in the Taskbar system always had that meal delivered on time. But what good is that when everyone there lived through PhotoSynthesis and batteries?

Also there are TV shows, Books, Comic Books, and some toy packages that tell the histories of both Mace Windu and Darth Maul. And they all neglected to mention shape shifting time travel.

P.S. Cool Max Rebo doll for you screen icon JarJar_IS_Tarkin.

21. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

It makes sense now. [face_dancing]

22. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

Jan 7, 2003
    It's simple. If Mace Windu is also Darth Omir then everything fits again. They may very easily be the same person. Just different time periods.

23. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

Jan 7, 2003
    I didn't understand any of this.

That is the most insane theory I've ever heard of. Do you have any proof?

24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    JarJar_IS_Tarkin "I didn't Understand any of this."

Not even the part about the Max Rebo doll?

"Do you have any proof?"

There is loads of proof in different books and the Star Wars Saga for digital download. Check out Ultimate Star Wars, Lego Star Wars MadLibs, The Star Wars Chronicles - The Prequel Trilogy, Five MInutes Star Wars Stories, West End Games: Tales of the Jedi Companion, among many others. I thought you were quoting some of those in you post.

25. JarJar_IS_Tarkin

Jan 7, 2003
    I saw some clip of Clone War and there were two Mauls. This is the most reasonable explained by time travel with a death star prototype. Maybe you mixed him up with that other Maul. I don't know if Clone Wars are the cannons.

Sorry for quick answer but time is hurry.