main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter **no spoilers**

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_maul619, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_maul619

Darth_maul619 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2004
    I know this is a pretty old book but I just picked up a copy from my local book store and was wondering if anybody had read it. Pleas tell me your opinions on this book.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "was wondering if anybody had read it."

Coming to a star wars literature fan forum and asking people if they have read a book is kind of a stupid question... ;)

3. Darth_maul619

Darth_maul619 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2004
    Then tell me your opinion.

4. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    great book, realy great book, i wont spoil it but it has a awsome ending, best prequel ever (no, i have not forgotten shatterpoint, i just like this better)

5. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    I wouldn't go quite as far to say that it's better than Shatterpoint, but it is a good read...

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Great book.

7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Hunter is one of the better prequel novels. And if, as your name suggests, you are a Maul fan, you'll like it even more. ;)

Then tell me your opinion.

Oh, he got you, Val. He got you. [face_mischief]

8. kopolee11

kopolee11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2003
    I love this book. I also like this more then Shatterpoint. I love the chases through Corsaunt(sp). Enjoy the book.

9. gooseud

gooseud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2003
    its definately a great book, i just remember flying through this one in like a day, and the last 50 pages are indeed awesome, about which i cant say any more without spoilers

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Then tell me your opinion."

To be honest I haven't been able to get into it except for like the first couple of chapters, its not the book, just that I've had a burnout on star wars books, and have been reading non-fiction, and other genres for awhile instead (except for star wars games and sourcebooks).

But yes there are hundreds of people that have finished the book in this forum, so I was just warning you that its kind of silly to ask people if they read a certain star wars book in this forum...

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Great book- solid action and great tension (more than half the book is essentially a big, extended chase sequence afterall), leads well into TPM.

12. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Good to lead into TPM, and good action, as well as a droid I'm adding to my "need to own in RL" list, with IG-88 and HK-47. I saw the ending from a mile away, but it was still a very good book.

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    This book for me, was one of the most enjoyable Star Wars reads ever.

Fast-paced, fun, believable and sympathetic characters. It doesn't try to be anything it's not, and a book I'm sure you will enjoy :)

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    It a good book. Personally, it helps to show that Maul is no where near the image that was made up around him. Even though you have to know how it's going to end due to when it's set and what it's about, you kinda wish things turned out differently.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Definitely in my top three.

16. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Good book. It gave insight on Maul, created a couple likable characters and gave us some good Maul style action. If you like it I recomend the Darth Maul comic.

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    A book whose potential was detracted from bad writing style and plot.

But I can't go into details if the thread doesn't allow for specific info . . .

18. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Great characters. Absolutley great. Some gut-wrenching moments in there too, parts that make you feel so helpless, wanting to help out or stop the characters...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.