main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Joseph_Orion, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, this book helps to prove that Maul is extremely over hyped. I didn't count a single Jedi in this book that he killed. Only one of the two was a possible, yet both commited suicide in an attempt to take him out. And both nearly succeded. Not only that, but he was nearly taken out by a bounty hunter that seemed pretty lame. Maul was far too obsessed with his goal and his belief that he was so superior to everyone else, with the exception of Darth Sidious, that he failed to realize that he might be beat.

However, the disappointment that is Darth Maul aside, the book proved to be a very enjoyable read. I found myself actually hopeing that the heros could take him out, knowing all the time that that would never happen. And I hoped that they would live through this ordeal.

I'm looking to get my hands on the paperback so that I can get Saboteur. Perhaps there Maul will actually begin living up to the hype surrounding him. Though I doubt that. However, the story should at least prove intresting.

2. Corran_Katarn

Corran_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Another thing I forgot to mention before was that in most SW Books the authors make Jedi all powerful beings who can do almost anything. DM:SH is the exact oppisite. The Jedi were way to weak. Maul's fight lasted longer with a Padawan than a master.

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    "Maul's fight lasted longer with a Padawan than a master. "

He could have prolonged the battle longer but he knew Maul would get him sooner or later. He gave his life to give the others a chance to escape. When he had his shot with the speeder bike he took it. The Padawan had to set things up more...She had to wait until the others where in the freeze chamber before she could set her plan off. She had to fight to prolong the battle. Giving everything time to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.