main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #1-4

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BoromirsFan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    No. Ahsoka may be annoying to some, but she was an interesting character, and killing her off would be an exercise in petty malice.
    Ventress ended up disenchanted with the War and basically quit the Sith. Ahsoka did the same for the Jedi. It would be interesting to see these two meet up later, former enemies now in essentially now the same place.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Snips definitely got more interesting as a character when she stopped calling Anakin Skyguy. Her final arc was really engaging to watch. I get the feeling Maul/Ahsoka won't be wrapped up in the bonus content / comic arcs and may pop up in Rebels.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Make that de-confirmed. Tweets by Pablo Hidalgo and Jen Heddle (collected here at ClubJade) indicate this is not a TCW finale and not Season 6 material.

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Was probably a S7 arc, I'm guessing. I was listening to a Rebel's Radio podcast and they interviewed a Clone Wars writer who said they had scripts in the can up to Season 8(!) so it'd be nice if Lucasfilm decided to actually do something with those scripts and make them into comics.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Roughly when does the "not annoying" Ahsoka show up? Not a sarcastic question; I've got about half the series to catch up on.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This material would never have been aired if TCW wasn't cancelled. Filoni himself said that they kept delaying the finales for characters as they thought of new things.

Also, I wonder if Talzin will also be resolved in this comic.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    lol

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Round the time they redesigned the characters in S3, she stops being less cutesy and more serious. Pays off in a self-actualizing way in the S5 finale.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  10. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I really REALLY hope not. Ahsoka had her time in the spotlight, and more than enough of it. Sure, give her a novel or a comic to tie up with happens to her, but she NEEDS to be put on the shelf for about a decade. Once the Sequel Trilogy and some spin-offs are done then we can go and deal with "what happened to...?"

I'm on Ahsoka overload, and I didn't even loath the character like many.

Seriously people, before you put out a news release GET YOUR SITH TOGETHER!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Pablo makes it sound like it was from season 7, which I guess makes sense because they had such a huge lead time writing scripts for the show.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm not saying make her the lead of the show but knee deep in the era of Imperial rule / Jedi purge / Vader running around the galaxy would be a very interesting place to look into her, especially if you can do it in the animated format she was created in along with the actress and the people who worked with the character. Makes more sense to have the OG Clone Wars crew (or at least a chunk of them that remain on Rebels) decide the direction of her story.

13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Obviously Ahsoka is going to get into smuggling with Chewbacca.

windu4 likes this.
  14. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    this Darth Maul thing I will probably buy, making the thing that gets me to buy a DH comic again after 4-5 years being the final DH is kinda ironic, but it might be a parting gift or sort of severance giving them something that will probably sell well,

as far as Ashoka I think her finale should parallel that of Luke in some ways but be a flipped version, "Master yoda, is Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker?, Your former master he is....She will come before you and you will bring her before me....the lead into rebels seems sort of obvious, where would she go after leaving the Jedi, maybe back to her people from the slaver episodes, but then what? she would probably become bored or restless and end up on Onderon with Lux who is pretty much her only friend outside the jedi besides maybe her new friend Asajj, the teaming up with her may happen also, maybe they both end up as early rebel leaders maybe pre-alliance and meet there fates sometime before ep iv...maybe not who knows

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Quite sad to realize that this may possibly be the final new series announcement from Dark Horse. :(

I was never a huge fan of the various TCW tie-in comics and ditched on them a while ago, and I'm even less of a fan of Maul's resurrection, but I freely admit I will buy this just to help contribute to a solid last hurrah from DH.

If this ends in a way that somehow ties into Old Wounds, I will even buy the TPB as well.

16. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Personally I don't think that the best option is to see "clone wars 20 years later". If they want Ventress of Ahsoka to appear in a 3-5 episode arc and then disappear again that's one thing that I could deal with (I wasn't keen on Maul and that turned out OK, so it could work again I grant). But I don't think that any Clone Wars character should be the focus of Rebels.

Its a new time 15 years later, in a new art style, in a new galaxy. It should focus on new characters and their struggles. Just like everyone complains that post-NJO the torch should have passed from the Big3 to the next generation, the same should happen here. If Clone Wars characters appear, make them background, not the focus.

(Similarly I definitely don't want to see Obi-Wan appear at all in this, though no doubt he will)

The OG CW crew should be able to determine what her fate is, but give that to the story group and let them find where and when its best to put that out. Don't force something in where it shouldn't be. *coughmortiscough*

17. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Possible but not necessarily. Right now we have 4 series for the summer - Star Wood, Legacy, the Heist one, and now this.There's still space for one more as DH has regularly put out 5 in the past some months.

And given this is their last push, they may dedicate some extra resources to a couple extra minis to go out with a bang. There is time.

Though I grant its unlikely.

oh please no. We already had the "force user starting the rebellion" thing in TFU. Not to mention Echuu in Battlegrounds. We do NOT need to do that again.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  18. Weechee

Dec 12, 2013
    but she could die by Vader's hand if they choose to show her death

19. Weechee

Dec 12, 2013
    did you mean Force Unleashed?

20. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes. Typo. Fixed.

Well, they DID say the show would have a darker tone than TCW.

And that would clear up some continuity issues she could cause in future while showing how far Vader has fallen to the Dark Side.

IDK. I go back and forth on whether I want to see her actually bite it or not.

21. Weechee

Dec 12, 2013
    the emperor says kill her and he hesitates but then does it, then later on in Jedi it makes you think maybe he will let Luke die, because Ashoka was like his little sister, almost his child, for a jedi a padawan is the closest thing, so in a way it could show his evilness and how enslaved he is and add a new dimension to the whole saga and to the scene when luke first surrenders on Endor

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Sounds familiar.

[​IMG]

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree, the CW characters shouldn't be the focus of Rebels either, the characters should stand on their own, but I think tossing the CW characters in for an arc, especially with how open-ended Ahsoka was, with with the same creative crew I think makes it logical for them to show us where characters like Ahsoka, Maul, Ventress,etc. ended up. Y'know how some TOS characters eventually migrated over to TNG gradually for a guest-spot or two? Totally like that. It creates a resonance between the two series, if not just simply being a continuation.

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Utterly pointless, considering I already know what happened to Darth Maul, he was killed by Obi-Wan Kenobi via a sai tok bisection in the Theed Plasma Refinery Complex on Naboo in 32 BBY.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly how I feel.

GrandMasterKatarn and Zeta1127 like this.