main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Remember, after he returned from his mission on Moraband, Yoda didn't tell Mace or the Council anything. It makes perfect sense for Mace to believe that Dooku and Maul are the two Sith, as Yoda never said anything about encountering a phantom menace of Darth Sidious on Moraband.

Cevan, hlc88 and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Don't forget that it's established that Yoda believes the visions of Sith spirits and Darth Bane he encountered to be mere illusions conjured by the dark side. Why couldn't the Council et. all simply believe that the idea of Sidious himself was an illusion - particularly as Dooku bluntly told them of his existence through Kenobi? What better way to throw the Jedi off the real Sith Master's trail than to invent an entirely fake one to keep them jumping at shadows?

credar and darklordoftech like this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Perhaps, but it raises other additional problems some which I mentioned there, or the opposite extreme where Yoda stays silent in fear he'd be thrown in a padded cell by his own Council. However we do not know whether he did or did not inform his own council of Darth Sidious, maybe he left out Jinn and force ghost. Am sure he had to leave a briefing if it would help shed like on who is behind shroud of the darkside as it concerns the fate of all the Jedi and the war/republic which apparently he's still trying to end in ROTS. If he did not trust his own council or they him, after his return then there is no good reason leaving them on there. Yoda could dismiss them and form a new council or they could all form a coup and get him out instead if things are this far deteriated between Yoda and his own council. I would say Yoda did, as Dooku dialogue with Kenobi back in AOTC was accurate and the Sith Master was on Corusant the entire time. There no logical or sane reasoning why Yoda would not divulge this piece of intelligence. The season abruptly ended via plug being pulled so we may never know. In ROTS they're still kinda searching for the Sith Master as turn towards Palpatine to see if he relinquish dictatoral power & this was after Tyranus falls. Dooku in AOTC already mentioned the name of Sith Lord Sidious. Begs another question, did Yoda inspect Sidious' lair on Corusant that was in the astral plain, cause that place was the real lair or did he forget about that too.

Also in AOTC the Jedi ability to use the force diminished which was acknowledged by even Windu and even by this time they're supposed to be watching the politicians:

4. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Dooku's line to Mace in this issue is fairly ironic.

"Agreed. I can promise you that your deaths won't be remembered."

Quite a contrast to his speech in AOTC.

"Master Windu, you have fought gallantly. Worthy of recognition in the archives of the Jedi Order."

It's a nice way to show that the Dark Side of the Force is still corrupting Dooku, and he's losing more and more of himself to the darkness every day.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Which Jedi are in the task force?

6. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Kenobi, Windu, Secura, and Tiplee.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Wolffe is mentioned so Plo Koon was probably there as well.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Meh. Windu is cool, but Kenobi? C'mon! Give us some Oppo or Eeth or Stass or Coleman.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Kenobi is always going to be involved when it comes to Maul. Too much history between them for Obi-Wan to be able to leave Maul alone :p

Vader'sGoodHand and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm slightly annoyed I haven't read it yet was going to avoid spoilers but that death just looks stupid. TCW creates good characters and then just kills them. "They show up and then they blow up" Is a direct quote from the commentary. Why? New characters shouldn't die there's plenty of Jedi just bring along some Redshirts Jedi. Don't even Joke about Eeth Koth dying because if he did or does I'm out of SW. My favourite character who was brought back for one episode then just forgotten about yeah that was really great. Uh well that episode is still my favourite. At least Ahsoka's not going to die.

Thanks for the link I can't wait to read it so It should just be released.

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

Pfluegermeister and Marco1907 like this.
  12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well some things seem odd from what I gathered without owning the issue yet, I may return later. So Maul goes from wanting to tear Dooku apart back during his convo with Vizla and again in Son of Dathomir #1, he had a quick change of heart, nor did he learn an important fact from his own story, once you wound or capture a sith, kill it quick. He's making the same mistake Sidious and Dooku did with him. Talzin am surprised would try and smooth things over by mentioning Sidious portrays his allies, of course he does he's a classic movie evil villain much like you all and yeah well she just tried to kill Dooku back in season 3 and they were once somewhat on good terms, unless Ventress is her daughter now too?!lol

Dooku has no good track record himself and his allies, he kills them left and right whenever they're of no use or failed in his eyes or is ordered to by his master. So you would trust this guy about as far you can spit.

Maul betrayed Vizla who saved his life, but he may of sensed Vizla was planning to use him and then kill him if they were going to be of no use to him and his men, so not sure that counts 100%. But back to Maul and Dooku, Dooku was the guy that was about to kill his brother for failing a mission and tortured him routinely with force lightning the same he was doing to Maul back in issue #1 in the prison cell. Short term memory or what, but certainly how or why would Maul or Talzin believe Dooku would ever completely ally himself with them. Atleast with both Grievous and Tyranus dead, Sidious' power structure wouldve been severely shattered as Anakin was no where near the darkside yet and the Jedi Knights were still a numeric and powerful threat. Seems this series suffers from the same problems "lawless" had, once you pair untouchable characters with generic characters not in main movie and that have a future story outcomes already that you cannot change, the end result is already predetermined.

Talzin's revenge seeking opens another dynamic, she may be more about herself cause she was not chosen by Sidious but her son was which was naturally more gifted in the force and who apparently Sidious foresaw a great and powerful Sith Lord far into the future while Talzin was already an adult and skilled in darkside magik and skilled combatant. If she allowed Savage to kill Feral, how much does she actually love her sons, is she really capable of such a thing. Maul showed more emotion towards his brother's loss than she ever did Feral or Savage. Savage tried saving his brother and once even while transformed resisted as much as he could before his own mother's magik spell forced him to obey Ventress's murderous command. Seems all shoehorned in storylines. Talzin never lifted a finger towards aiding Opress or Feral, they're left on the dinner table by her in the Nightbrother camp for pickings of the Nightsisters. It is only Ventress's arrival on Dathomir where she conviently remembers where she came from and after more than 20 years away is all of a sudden 2nd only to Talzin who then sends her to select a mate/assasine which somehow she would end up choosing Maul's strongest living brother, who then would one day go on to find Maul and together those two would defeat Sidious for her.

From what I can so far understand of all of this messy storyline so far:

Ventress' betrayal by Dooku via Sidious(unknown to Ventress I guess), sends her off to the Nightsisters which she so happens to be related to who just so happen to have Talzin in charge who just so happens was holding her revenge against Sidious and the Sith dormant waiting over 30 years to pass apparently. Ventress' failure to kill Dooku was her first effort in revenge against Sidious, this failed. She then tried again by creating and teaming Ventress with a magikally enhanced super warrior who happens to be also her son(who may or may not also have midiclorians the show never explains anything), once this plan was thrown into disarray seemingly only because now the Jedi are involved and had a chat, she speeds up the plan by betraying her son Savage to both the Jedi and indirectly to Dooku by sending in Ventress too early so in having both the partially force trained Savage and the fully trained Ventress make another attempt on Dooku's life. Once this fails, Savage's programming is broken off he no longer takes commands from Ventress and is now a failed apprentice and being hunted by both Jedi and Sith alike. She goes to her last resort plan, sending Savage to seek out Maul who could complete his training. This talisman and awareness of Maul being alive was known for quite some time apparently by Talzin but for one reason or another never bothered to aid her "lost" son the entire time to heal his wounds, had she done so sooner she may of actually accomplished her goals. So Maul is a last resort plan, never the grand scheme, very strange. None of her plans so far worked and doubt this one will either,lol.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    eeth koth was so lame his apprentice turned into darth krayt. ha ha!

14. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @thejeditraitor Seriously? I thought it was Ki-Adi- Mundi's apprentice A'shared Hett. I'm not exactly brushed up on much knowledge of the Eu (or Eeth Koth). Looks like I'm cracking open the Readers companion later! I need to get those comics and books.
    I like how you got the badass meme out- you probably noticed the Quote from Neil DeGrasse Tyson in my signature.

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    yea am with you, who even knows about the dad anyway - but I'm personally not prissy towards small mistakes or typos or anything like that - and I dont get paid for any of this sorta thing its just a forum,lol.

Speaking of Sharad, I pick up the figure as I notice it resembles quite a bit Micheal Ironside, some figures I never got around to buying.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I forgot about the post, the image is from the Mortis Overlords arc , during the dream future self sequence.

http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

Darkslayer and Sudooku like this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I forgot about the post, the image is from the Mortis Overlords arc , during the dream future self sequence.

http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sorry about the double post, no idea how I did that.

Ok I read the comic 3x now. The opening page starts off with a chat with Windu and Palpatine, according to eye witnesses on Ord Mantell they identified Count Dooku leading the charge with his droid army against a "red-skinned force wielder of some type. Windu excitedly says "Darth Maul", Palpatine is all nonchalant suggesting this could be the "rogue Sith they been searching for". Windu expresses some excitement and yet caution as he cant figure why they'd be attacking eachother. Palpatine appears to want the Jedi to kill or be killed by Maul and Dooku, doesnt appear to make a difference although at this point looks more towards former. Somehow the Jedi task force is on Ord Mantell and all hot on the hells of some hidden base once they find one Mando helmet(apparently Maul's forces attempted to hide all traces of their particiation but left a helmet) which somehow Kenobi knows Mandalorian have a hidden supply post which they trajectory trace somehow. How would Kenobi know all this Mandalorian intel and why all of the sudden the jedi are interested in keeping Mandalore out of Separatists hands, its not part of the Republlic nor did Satine make any treaty with them. One can use Bo-Katain but she is a terrorist and war criminal under Satine's rule and Death Watch member, Almec is the legitimate prime minister. The Jedi and Republic all of a sudden so far away and in the Outer Rim meddling while there is supposed a major civil war going within the Republic makes this far-fetched. Coupled with the fact that Mandalorians are ancient enemies of the Jedi Knights, Death Watch loyalists would still follow Vizla's politics just that Bo-Katain wants power.

Maul calls up Sidous, Sidious asks his demands. Maul doesnt have any but Talzin does , Maul just wanted to show Sidious that he failed and his plan to destroy him and Talzin is up in smoke and he now holds both his generals and he goes on gloating on how Sidious' armies and future plans will be crushed. Maul reminds Sidious of his betrayal of both him and Talzin. Sidous makes a reply soon after and tells Maul it was Dooku and Grievious' failure not his , so it proved nothing and to kill them both they're of no use to him now. Maul believes Sidious is bluffing and sarcastically says , "so be it, since new apprentices are apparently so easy to find.."

At this point Sidious becomes angry and replies "Tread lightly, Maul. Revenge is a dangerous game.. One you never seem to win." Maul cuts off the hologram transmission by saying "I only lost when I followed you old man."

Maul doesnt have any use for Grievous, just doesn't like him, so orders him off to the brig. He chats with Dooku now, but while Grievous is walking away he says to Dooku, "it would be unfortunete if next time we met count, I had to add your lightsaber to my collection." then Dooku replies to him, "We all have our parts to play, general.."

Maul attempts to use the situation and to his favor by trying to sway Dooku into becoming his servant now. Dooku despite his bad predicatment is still more wise or afraid to betray his master, being that Sidious is to powerful than the 10,000 Jedi Knights that exist and all the armies or Maul. Maul says to Dooku, " Mother Talzin has shown me the real power..I have seen the truth. Sidious is weaker than we realize. He fears mother and that..with our combined strenght will be his undoing." Dooku expresses more skepticism due to Talzin trying to destroy him, Maul then says "Things have changed." then the green mist comes out from Maul and Talzin appears. She says, "Count Dooku. Forgive our previous disagreements you were onlu following your master's will. Sidious is decieving you--as he once deceived me." Dooku replies, "Then you know to betray the Dark Lord is folly." Talzin retorts, " No Count--to betray one's self is the ultimate defeat. Sidious seduces you with promises of power, but he already seeks to replace you." . Talzin goes on, " Long ago Sidious came to me on Dathomir. We exchanged secret wisdom--mingled dark Side abilities with Nightsister Magicks. He promised to make me his right hand, instead he stole what was most dear to me..my own flesh and blood. My son!" Dooku is all surprised supposedly and says, Maul? Your son?!" Talzin says, "Yes, Count. When Sidious realized Maul's potential he took him from me and trained him as a Sith. When he was no longer useful, Maul was left to die. Look at him! Look at my son and see your own future!" This cuts to a picture of Maul's cybernetic legs, and possibly a hint that Dooku will end up crippled like in ROTS when instead of his legs he loses both his hands(then slain upon Sidious' orders). Talzin continues, "Sidious will betray you as he betrayed us--But I will honor our allianece should you accept it. Join us. Together we can destroy Sidious and rule the Galaxy..or you can choose to die here alone". All this dialogue Maul and Talzin uses is obviously the same rhetoric Dooku used on Kenobi in AOTC and classically before from the OT, Vader to Luke.

Soon after Talzin said that, the Jedi are already out've hyperspace and upon the supposedly secret or hidden asteroid base and deploying an attack, Dooku uses the confusion on the bridge between Maul and his lieutenants to force deactivate Grievious' cell door(which implies he has no intention of betraying Sidious). Grievous then barges through the doors as he was never shackled(completely stupid) and kills the guards while saying , " Perhaps you are not so useless after all, Count"! The Jedi made their way to the hanger and boarded the station, Maul turns to Dooku and askes his choice, "allies..or death?" Dooku only says, "Let us go kill some Jedi together". Maul says, "Wise decision". There is a big fight once the doors open and Maul and Dooku enter the battle cutting through clones, Dooku says, "Or better yet --let us come to you."

Kenobi in this story seems on edge and anxious, the death of Satine I think effected him more than he lets on, once he sees Maul and Dooku fighting side by side, he thinks its true they're working together. Maul seems sarcastic towards Kenobi and I dont think is interested in him as he once was, he just makes a snide remark, "Of course. Only our shared hatred of ou could be strong enough to unite us" ! To me this implies Maul is aware of the situation that Dooku is only fighting along side Maul to get past the Jedi and to eventual freedom not so much that they're actual allies. Maul's fight with Kenobi wasnt much, once Windu and Secura arrived Maul turned to face them instead and says to Windu and Secura, "Finally, a fair fight"! To me this implies he does not consider Kenobi much of a challenge anymore like he was only ever a toy to be played and broken once he proved he could kick his butt and that Naboo was a fluke. Dooku bombards Kenobi and Tiplee with lightning, Maul kicks the crap put Secura with metal foot to her face while simluatnous parrying off Windu's attack. Rook and Saxon arrive on the seen. Dooku graps Tiplee with the force and pulls her towards his blade a move similar to how Maul killed Satine. Dooku visiously slays her. Kenobi flies off into teary eyed emotional anger, at the same moment Rook fires off her missile towards Secura, Saxon shouts incoming, Maul does a back flip out've the explosion while Secura and Windu take the blast. Kenobi instead of going after Maul, stops the persuit and picks up Tiplee's dead body, while Maul turns to Kenobi while boarding the fighter and says, " Dont worry, Kenobi--we'll be seeing each other again soon enough!". Maul escapes but while his ship appears to be about to engage a Headhunter fighter on its way out of the hanger. Windu and Secura and disorientated from the missile explosion and soon get back up there is a transmission from Palpatine. Palpatine is distrout when he learns the Jedi failed and that now Dooku lives and is with Maul. Windu now is more convinced that Dooku is the Sith Master they have been seeking all along and Maul the apprentice". Palpatine replies, "Fascinating. Still is there no explaination for the battle on Ord Mantell? How can they be enemies one moment and allies the next'? Windu replies with a stupid remark, "A deception perhaps?" Palpatine says, " A puzzle, to be sure. Well you've done all you can. It is unfortinent that this oppertunity slipped through your fingers. I fear in the end it could prove disasterous for the Republic". In which Palpatine is seen with a smirk in the glass reflection. This appears to be two fold with him, one he's angered that the Jedi did not kill Maul, and that now Maul and Dooku could be potential allies because Maul chose to seek an ally in Dooku after Sidious' betrayal, Palpatine is amused that the Jedi are that stupid and believe Dooku is the Sith Master while they cant explain the obvious that they were just fighting eachother via a full scale war while also enjoying that their suspicion is elsewhere than on him.

From what it appears to me, Maul does not truly believe Dooku would be willing ally, but will use his capture or presentation of alliance with Dooku to finally lore out Sidious which so far he's been unwilling to do his own dirty work and is sending underlings . Dooku so far is still loyal towards Sidious as he aided Grievious' escape, which would explain why he's still an apprentice in ROTS. This could explain why Talzin posses Dooku's body by issue #4. Sidious, Maul and Talzin could all be playing out different possible futures and scenarios as part of their darkside scheminging and strategy over who out maneuvers who, so far its a stalemate. Windu's dialogue to me still seems out of place, like how can Dooku be the Sith Master the entire time when only recently they found out he was Darth Tyranus and that a Darth Sidious was responsible for Naboo, plus Yoda had a face to face with Sidious. But it would pretty dumb on Maul and Talzin's part if they actually do trust in Dooku as they already aware of Sidious' ploys and deceptions.

22. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Third Issue was pretty cool.

Maul has really grown stronger in TCW, he hold his own against Mace Windu.

Now Maul & Dooku are allies, I can't wait for the last Sidious duel... :cool: Probably Mother Talzin possesses Dooku's body though...

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Maybe we'll get to see Sidious vs Maul and Dooku. That would be interesting...

One thing that this issue confirmed is that Sidious is getting pretty fed up with Dooku's incompetence. I mean, the Count has got a pretty bad track record in TCW.

1. Getting captured by Hondo Ohnaka
    2. Failing to destroy Asajj Ventress-not once, but twice
    3. Training Savage Opress
    4. Failing to destroy Mother Talzin
    5. Failing to prevent the Jedi from finding out that he is Darth Tyranus
    6. Getting captured by Darth Maul

Dooku isn't inspiring much confidence lately...

Cevan, Revanfan1, Marco1907 and 3 others like this.
  24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well during war you cant win every battle and Dooku is up against very talented and capable enemies. Best to not view the self hype the Sith give themselves, while they're powerful they're not invincible and still subject to the tolls of war, mortality and reality. Tyranus is basically a general and partial field operative. Sidious is mainly behind the desk type and in the rear with the gear trying to move chess pieces into place and not always successful at doing it. He's not all that powerful, and has personal failures, and it would not say much for this is the genius that chooses Dooku and Skywalker both of which have neither here nor there track record and one guy tosses the old tubby down a shaft and was almost killed shortly after after being knighted Sith Lord while Palpatine almost did not live past the night of the long sabers as Yoda nearly finished him off and he was about to run away rather than face Yoda.

The cover art of issue #4 appears to show Maul deflecting Sidious' lightning with magiksaber, maybe he finially learned some thing since "Lawless". Some stuff in this series seems missing, like Maul and Talzin are much closer and she's always up-to-date on events while she as largely absent from CW toons featuring Maul post cybernetic and mental fix and in the comic far far away. Her coming out of Maul is much like she did with Dooku, maybe she's somehow able to be inside him without him knowing, strange.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    "Kill him. Kill him now."
    "Do it."