main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I think Dooku & Grievous were only needed in beginning of the AotC and middle of the TCW, Palpatine only needed to establish order 66 and take enough authorization from senate, since SoD is close to RotJ timeline they were really useless...

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    You mean ROTS not ROTJ I guess right?!

Sooner or later Sidious would cover up his involvement with the CIS by killing its leaders, which would've included Dooku. The CIS are still only allies to Sidious and same with Dooku. With Sidious assuming complete control of the Droid army by their deaths or scrapping it and taking control of their resources like he did the Death Star. . Grievious may of had ambitions of becoming Sidious' second but without being a force wielder I find that hard to imagine he would think he'd be a match for someone like Tyranus as he was no match for Maul. Sidious wanted to make himself look legit and went to great lengths to maintain his false image way after the Jedi were destroyed and its only by ANH that he finally gets rid of the aristocrat or elected bureaucrats and replaces them with military commanders were each system is under complete military control. Although CW they already explored the swift to Imperialism and lack of independence once the Clone army "liberated" some planet or system. Interestingly enough, The Star Tours ride features CIS remnant still around that looks to be at war with the Empire and maybe even the Rebel Alliance and its a prequel to ANH . Star Tours canonicity though I dont think they made an official decision, but it is interesting how the CIS and Droid Army was not completely destroyed.

3. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Vorax

Yeah, RotS. Sorry :) I can't edit my message now because of the time expiration, if some mod. can edit it i would be appreciate.

4. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    According to Witwere a year ago, it doesnt look like they have any intension of killing off Maul in CW:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/a-tale-of-two-mauls?page=2

Sudooku and darklordoftech like this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Unless it's part of Sidious and Dooku's plan, I think it's quite stupid to see he let Dooku die and later still pretended to be captured by him.

So the EU is non canon now, does Maul know his master's true identity?

6. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    I am sure that he knows.

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Then why didn't he reveal it, when Sidious was trying to kill him?

8. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Knowing Sidious, that was a mere bluff - he didn't actually want them dead, but it's what Maul would expect him to say, so he played along. He knew that if Maul actually wanted them dead, he would already executed the pair and not bothered with the holo-call. Remember, he raised the kid, so he knew Maul better than anyone else.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's not like he wants them dead or not, but does he want Dooku and GG think he didn't care about their lives.

10. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Assuming either worked up the stones to ask a question like that, he just tells them that he was bluffing. And that, like I said, he knows Maul better than anyone and could predict his moves. He's good at convincing people to believe half-truths like that.

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Hopefully there will be a few conversations with Dooku and Maul. Their pairing has potential for interesting exchanges.

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love if at the end of this, Dooku says to Sidious, "I should have known that you would never betray me."

Revanfan1 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  13. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Ah, Vorax,

Thank you so much for your restlessness.[:D]

Maybe in a novel to be written as the third part after "Wrath of DM" and "DM - The Shadow Conspiracy"

Could it be, that these words aren't sarcasm of Dooku?[face_devil]

Vorax likes this.
  14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Not too be on sarcastic side of things, but, Vorax great article that you brought back. The truth is we don't know anymore if they plan on ever finishing TFU III. That is now Legends, now they have this new thing called.....Lucasfilm Story Group that pretty much channels everything into a supposed cohesive story. Maybe if you would have told me a year a go I would have been up and chippy on this, but, not so much now. We didn't get anything dramatic in SDCC except the confirmation of a new novel that was for another unaried clone war episode, along with the 4 coming out, Rebels and of course the Marvel thingy. Other than that everything else is Episode 7, and that is it. Whether Maul lives or dies is dependent on how they want to finish TCW or maybe continue to use Maul in the future.

All we know for now is that everything is geared for Rebels, more of those Yoda Lego Cartoons (4 more coming out after this last New Yoda Chronicles), Star Wars Episode 7, and the new Marvel stuff. TFU and everything that was before is ...........dead. In this new way of doing things he Starkiller never happened. I guess. So I am not putting stock on them finishing the game, coming out with a novel, and a comic book like Dark Horse has done. I could be wrong, but three new movies will inspire a plethora of stories within the sequel trilogy, along with what came right before the start of the sequel trilogy and of course everything from Episode 4 onwards. Sorry to be the thread buster on that one but.....it is what it is.

On another note, I'm looking forward to the last issue. Can't wait for that one. Hope they pull out all the stops with the force powers and stuff like that.

Vorax and Sudooku like this.
  15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yes of course, obviously the door can swing both ways these days. But there would be precious very little to talk about here without speculations,lol. I'm not really sold on the new Trilogy and I dont care for the new cast of actors they chose nor director or writers - the movie would have to be really good end product to sell me on it. Despite some of the anachronisms TFU had, I still enjoyed the game and it felt more like prequel/sequel than Lucas' movies to much like CW was becoming the same quality at around Season 3. I'm optimistic about Rebels despite some reservations.

Boba Fett(OT), Darth Maul and Starkiller are easily my most favorite characters followed by Darth Vader(OT/TFU), Luke and Han.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Was interesting, was just playing The Force Unleashed, Starkiller aligns and organizes the Rebel Alliance army as this is key to gaining the emperor's attention of having a large army poised against him, while Maul in CW builds the Shadow Collector to do much the same thing to draw out and challenge Sidious.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That would be cool.

I'd like to think that Dooku would never be so naive, but, well...

[​IMG]

Cevan, Grievousdude, credar and 4 others like this.
  18. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    If Dooku said that, I doubt it would be 100% sincere.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think Dooku is more under the guise that Sidous can come up with a new plan more easily than he could a new apprentice, so he figures his place is more secured - which is similar to Maul's sarcastic reply to Sdious on the halogram when he says something like " sure apprentices are so easy to come by these days" and calling in Sidious' bluff and making him sweat it what he plans to do rather than obey Sidious' command to kill Dooku(and Grievous). Dooku may be believing that once the Sith win the Sith would create a new order comprising of newly trained or corrupted Jedi but under the Sith.

If you go back to the ROTS novel:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_III:_Revenge_of_the_Sith_(novel)

Dooku falsely believing this would occur so he may of believed Skywalker was being groomed towards this rather than being his replacement, or he planned to eventually use Skwalker himself to overthrow Sdious. Dooku throughout CW appears to only try and drive Skywalker over the edge towards the darkside and Palpatine's grand plan for him rather than flat out kill him. So this is strange storytelling had Dooku truly been deceived completely or just partially or did Dooku seal his own fate by trying very early on to overthrow Sidious. However Anakin-Vader also had designs himself about overthrowing Sidious on Mustafar which he makes clear to Padme and later even offers Obi Wan a choice to join him or die. So this typical behavior for Sith or darkside corrupted Jedi Knights.

What we have in the movie even Dooku's reply in ROTS , " I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."

Usually boils down Dooku's great pride and arrogance and his own fear of Sidious' great power may be making him indecisive and hesitate to openly challenge Sidious to a confrontation as he still fears his master and is tricked into believing he's all powerful(which Sith masters do to keep their apprentice in control - Darth Bane tried that strong arm tactic with Yoda of trying to instill fear to be his master and have dominion over him which rendered him powerful but this is rejected by Yoda which renders him powerless). So far he failed in securing Kenobi towards bing his apprentice, he was forced to try and kill Ventress his apprentice on Sidious' orders as he suspected she could be used to challenge him and he failed in finding a Maul like apprentice in Savage. Seems he takes a gamble and sides with Sidious rather than with Talzin and Maul and it ends up being the wrong choice as we know ROTS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Star Wars, Episode III.: Revenge of the Sith
    By Matthew Woodring Stover, George Lucas

kubricklynch likes this.
  20. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Wow we now know why Sidious really offed Dooku, where Darth Maul comes from and that Sidious had a connection to Talzin and why she helped Savage find Maul - why she even knew he was still alive. She's a cold hearted b!tch that's for sure! She let Maul rot until she had a use for him.

So sad Disney couldn't cough up a few bucks to animate this and the Ventress arc and give us some real closure.

Disney:

Beverly Hills Chihuahua - $12 million (!!!!)

Star Wars - So sorry, we have to pull the plug, here's a few extra episodes on Netflix! Now be thankful.

TtheForceHurts and cwustudent like this.
  21. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Considering that they were by no means obligated to even bother to finish those extra episodes, I'd say we damn well SHOULD be thankful.

22. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    It was not Talzin's failure to abandon Maul for that long time. That was just George Lucas' and Dave Filonis fault. For they made Talzin sending Savage that late to Lotho Minor.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Raxus Prime and Lotho Minor appear to have some nod connection, both even have some kinda junk droids or junker part robot aliens ,lol. There was a definite Force Unleashed connection throughout the Maul and Mortis arcs, even some of the same voice actors. Originally the game was gonna be a vehicle for Maul so apparently Lucas and his team were wanting to bring Maul back for since atleast 2007.

24. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I also have Issue three now in my hands.

It seems that Maul is making another transformation here. At first he was Sidious' apprentice till the Naboo fall. Then he was breaking free slowly till Sidious kept him again, driving him into the arms of his mother Talzin. I wonder if he will reveal her demands in issue #4 which he only mentioned in #3 to be the demands of Mother Talzin instead his own demands. Will he ever break free entirely?

I'm very disappointed of Lord Tyranus, setting Grievous free. Another treacherous act of him. Did he do that in the hope he might help him, to show Sidious some loyalty or just to bug Maul a bit?

Were Dooku and Grievous at the same ship before their capture? When Maul, Gar Saxon and Rook Kast entered the ship to capture Grievous I guess it was a kind of difficult to get on board. And suddenly I see the nightbrothers showing up in Dookus cabin. Wasn't it dangerous for them too, to board the ship? And much more to be seen to the CIS-forces for they need more space than Maul and his elite? Or was the droid-command-signal already deactivated this time? And I also don't understand that Dooku gave up so soon while he seemed to get along with fighting the Nightbrothers very well. And then he was overwhelmed by the remaining shadow-collective coming in? Without using his force-lightning to push them back? Maybe he was just overwhelmed by the incoming Mandalorians but that was to rushed in my eyes.

Then I don't realize when Dooku and Maul did leave together the Command-Ship of Grievous and Dooku. I think they do this after Dooku joined Maul but I'm not sure if he took him just away from the ship to discuss later in his asteroid hangar with Mother Talzin and about the new alliance.

Does somebody know which was Maul's mother tongue? I think he wasn't able to speak Dathomiri. Surely he spoke Basic and beside this his master spoke Coruscanti with him or the Naboo-language?

May somebody tell me?

25. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I'm grateful for the Lost Missions but would 4 more episodes really have hurt Disney? Seriously, I think the company is worth something like $50 billion!! This is essential arc material. I know they (Lucasfilm) partly completed these episodes, I'm still hoping they get finished one day. The series would feel a whole lot more complete to me if these had been included.