main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Why is this thread called "Darth Maul's Conclusion"? For those who have read it, you know this is not the end. Maybe edit the thread title?

Cevan and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    In SoD #3 Maul speaks to Sidious about Mother Talzin's demands, not his own, when Sidious asks him about what he wants to archieve with the capture of Grievous and Dooku.

Any clues what Mother Talzin's demands were?

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll just straight up take it out of the title. We all know what it is at this point.

Watto and cwustudent like this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The names of the episodes are:

“The Enemy of my Enemy”

“A Tale of Two Apprentices”

“Proxy War”

“Showdown on Dathomir”

Would interested in some of the cut stuff or reading actual scripts , heh.

6. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Four episodes puffed and stuffed in four tiny zines :( Somebody should do a fundraising for convincing Dave Filoni to give us these arcs. Now, when she paper is out and it has become canon.

Maybe Quinlan Vos was to busy with Ventress to aid her to find Dooku. While they apparently missed him - and Maul. ;) Maybe Christie Golden will tell us more about it in her upcoming Ventress-novel in July 2015.

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That's the major disappointment in adapting a script into a comic - all the material you lose trying to cram a 22 minute episode into a single comic issue. I enjoyed the SOD comics, but I still want to see this material on screen...

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That explains the lack of double-bladed magicksaber. Shucks! I'd been looking fwd to seeing that.

[​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, very curious indeed. Grievous and Dooku are both outve the picture in that art piece, am wondering if he engaged both Sidious and Grievous at the same time before Talzin got fuller strength and Dooku got up again.

Came from a a very long Oct 28th post here :

https://fanofstarwars.wordpress.com/tag/the-clone-wars/page/2/

The connection of the Tano/Katan and Maul drawings was known, so wasnt surprising.

10. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I like the SOD #4 cover, but its almost like an Infinities cover, considering Sidious didn't have his black cloak on, Maul didn't have a spirit ichor saber, and Sidious never fought Talzin and Maul alone...had he, I think we'd be looking at an Infinities ending too - with him dead.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can't wait tell we see maul again.

12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Me neither.

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul's story is the most important TCW story that hasn't been shown, and now that we know that his story would tie into Ahsoka's story as well, jsut makes it that much bigger.
    I definitely think that we will see this story very soon (Especially if Ahsoka is Fulcrum)

cwustudent likes this.
  14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I thought Son of Dathomir was interesting and well executed. I believe Grievous was properly portrayed as a vicious, bloodthirsty monstrosity. I think it's interesting how Sidious was frequently calling Darth Tyranus "Count Dooku" throughout the graphic novel. Initially, I thought that was an error on the part of the writers, but then I realized that Sidious was doing that to mock Maul in a way. He didn't want to give his apprentice's true identity/name away to his former apprentice. It's part of his manipulative ways. What was sad was the continuation of Maul causing horrible tragedies in Obi-Wan's life. Maul has murdered Qui-Gon and Satine, and now he indirectly caused Tiplee's death. Obi-Wan cannot feel good about it. He blames himself. While Obi-Wan showed strength by not giving into the dark side's temptations when Maul killed Satine, Obi-Wan certainly is psychically wounded by Maul's continued assault against him. Back to Tiplee, I did think the way Tyranus killed Tiplee was sexist and disturbing. It's like Tyranus is in his own mind proving his masculine dominance over the female Jedi. He says, "Come here, little Jedi, I have something to show you," as he thrusts his blade into her. Ugh. It's terrible. I appreciated how the graphic novel did something that should have been done several years ago. Mace tells Palpatine he believes Dooku is the Sith Master and that he believes Maul is the apprentice. That's what I thought Sidious wanted people to think before Attack of the Clones came out, but that movie was written so horribly that...aaaaaa. In Son of Dathomir, the idea is presented and I imagine that Sidious is like, "It took you that long to assume this?" Anyway, as to Mother Talzin, she was pretty interesting. But this leads to me to my one criticism of the graphic novel. I think that when she sucked Tyranus' life force, Tyranus shouldn't have gotten up. He should have remained on the ground and been dying until Sidious and Grievous killed Talzin. That way, they could have said Sidious had returned his life force to him or something like that. The way they did it could have been better.

15. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Sidious required Dooku to stop Talzin though. Had he engaged her alone, it would have been a standoff, leading Grievous to engage Maul. Dooku is critical in tipping the power balance, because Maul could have killed Grievous. Had that happened, Maul and Talzin together would have been able to stop Sidious. SOD was a good series, but the events of ROTS damned the arc from the beginning.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul is still a young man, and missing 12 years of his life, so his mindset is still as young Sith Lord and apprentice. Sith Apprentice is basically equiclvent to Jedi Knight while Sith Master is equal to Jedi Master, so his training is not wholly complete as he still had much to learn to eventually replace Sidious had he not of fallen back in Naboo by AOTC he may of been firing Force lightning at Kenobi and Skywalker instead of Dooku . Maul dominated Dooku and Grievous, they weren't a match for his keen tactical mind and physical ability. Tyranus had multiple failures during the CW, Sidious probably wouldve accepted Maul's gift of the Shadow Collective and Mandalore, had Maul not of taken an apprentice in Opress, that set Sidious off. Dooku wantd to possess Maul's Shadow Collective, but failed in obtaining the information from the tortured Maul who only spat defiance and revange against his trespassers, Dooku and Sidious. Tyranus' wider array of force abilities did not stop his death in ROTS at the hands of Anakin who displayed the same range of Force ability as Maul did(Force throw and push ect). Maul was more skilled since he was a raised since a child Sith apprentice. So far Force Lightning is only used by the old men Sith, the Son was thousands of years old as Talzin was described as ancient so age may be a factor in this ability. Vader doesnt appear to ever learn this ability either and he was middle aged by the OT. Maul's skill, power and his evil were too great to be stopped which is why he constantly survives and cannot be put down despite all attempts to do so by the lead heroes and villains, if he's gets knocked down he gets back up and continues his attack, being wounded just makes him stronger and he grows stronger as he learns. He outmaneuvered and outwitted Tyranus and Grievous and captured them. Savage unbound wiped the floor with Tyranus and Ventress just as he plowed through Obi Wan and Anakin. The whole point of using Sidious was the writers way of saying there is no greater villain than Sidious in SW galaxy cause he is the master evil character of all 6 movies - and all those who tried stopping Maul and Opress whether alone or together failed. Sidious going there to personally duel the two, is in away an honor, as few beings in the galaxy were able to hold their own against Sidious(that was reserved for Yoda mainly although Windu defeated him while in SOD Maul was defeated Windu and Secura). Only two beings aside from Yoda(or Windu) would be able to duel Sidious, Maul and pre-cyborg Anakin). Maul made short work of Grievous in SOD 4 but some characters are plot armored(Sidious, Dooku, Grievous) since they cannot die they're in the movies that come after CW. Talzin was able to fend off both Sidious and a weakened but still potent Dooku. If Maul continues his training in the darkside of the Force via the Sith and possibly obtaining mother's knowledge in the dark magiks he could become as powerful and wise or more so than any villain in the SW universe. His survival and longevity against the overwhelming odds stacked against him since his return is a testament to this characters Force ability.

Opress thought he was stronger than Maul cause he only faced the Spider deranged Maul, so he he challenged Maul's command who was the actual Sith Lord and peer of the duo. He needed a lesson in discipline. Opress was unstable due to the transformation, he was jacked up on anger and aggression with little training on control which he was learning under Maul tutelage. Unlike other Sith though, Maul seemed loyal to his former master as he held delusions of returning to his side. His mind was broken and bipolar as when Savage found him, Maul already knew his master would accept him, so the begging for mercy was outve character unless a ruse to by time - Filoni claimed it was not on his point of view but some of things he claims are rather strange. When Savage fell Maul rushed to his aid, so his loyalty to his apprentice also makes him different than Sidious who has no concept of loyalty to anything other than himself(which was also part of the SOD storyline). Maul within his short time back, a few months accomplished things where it took Sidious/Palpatine and Dooku decades. Maul will eventually become something greater than a Sith or Jedi - like the Son he will wages war against both.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A terrorist, eh? That's fine by me, he could be one hard to deal threat for the Empire.

18. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Does anyone think that darth maul could end up being in rebels? He is still alive right?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

As far as we know he is so it is possible.

20. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    He's alive at the end of SoD. I sincerely hope that he is not in Rebels.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Me to but I hope he is alive by that time

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Darth Maul knows a great deal about terrorism and how to pull it off. He is, after all, a terrifying man. It would be interesting if they decide to put him in Rebels.

23. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    If he becomes a terrorist, it would be interesting what kind of demands he would present to the public. Not the demands of Mother Talzin anymore, that for sure.

Actually I think, he is still Sith enough that simple terrorists may be only a dirty device for him to reach something. But he could become a mastermind of some terrorist groups he deems to be useful for him.

Or he retreats for some time to launch some assaults on the Palace in Serenno or into the Li-Merge-Bilding in order to steal some holocrons there to finish his education. Or visit incognito that ominous Sith-Academy at Umbara, if this really still does exist in the time of the Empire and not only in that video-game.;)

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    One million dollars dataries!

[​IMG]

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He took over Death watch for this intent.