main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #1-4

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BoromirsFan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Interesting older interview:

-Filoni

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-clone-wars-trailer-darth-maul-not-dead-yman-136336/

Apparently not even Filoni knew that Lucas himself knew Boba Fett survived either,lol.

-Rinzler

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/1...orge-lucas-says-boba-fett-survived-the-sarla/

Saga Explorer likes this.
  2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Does anyone ever stay dead? :p

Episode 7: Night of the Living Dead.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

You mean

Episode 7: Night of the sparkling Living Dead

because LENSE FLARES! :p

Zorrixor likes this.
  4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Kill me, kill me now.

5. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Actually wouldn't mind seeing Maul show up as a rebel cell leader at some point, (obviously not affiliated with the alliance or the ghost crew due to the nature of him methods and ultimate goals) Would be a good way to show that there are lots of different types out there opposing the empire, and some of them wouldn't be an improvement even if they succeeded.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If there is a mythical vaulted "Darth Maul arc" TCW script somewhere I highly doubt it was his final arc anyway, so with an ambiguous gap between SoD and Rebels there are a lot of places you can take him. Heck, maybe the Inquisitor bites it in the S1 finale so The Emperor sends in Inquisitor Maul!

Agreed, that is my favourite idea. Would add some morally grey complexity to the "rebellion against the Empire" if one of the opposing disconnected cell leaders was Maul doing rather brutal Maul-stuff against the Imps. Wild card.

pronker and mnjedi like this.
  7. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Am I not looking correctly or is it true that Maul didn't kill anyone except some droids in "Son of Dathomir"?

8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Well, the writers were very limited in what they could do - Dooku, Grievous, and Sidious are all in ROTS.

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    He trashed a lot of droids, including a half-dozen MagnaGuards. I'd call that impressive.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  10. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    So the SoD Dark Horse trade has such a small release window, and it looks like not many distributors even got copies. Anyone hear of any whispers of Marvel releasing a new edition, possibly hardcover with extra TCW begind-the-scenes-material, branded as part of Clone Wars Legacy? Because that would make excellent sense to have Marvel get out a Marvel-Canon edition of the first Canon comic, and not just let it go out of print. Especially since it has explicit connections with Rebels: Rise of the Old Masters.

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  11. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love to see SoD redrawn and republished. It would be great to have a trade paperback in the CW animated art style! I'm also all for more content - an untold amount of detail was likely lost in the translation from script to comic.

darskpine10 and pronker like this.
  12. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I forgot to mention, my favorite part so far ;

[​IMG]

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Gandalf: They speak of a necromancer, posting on the Jedi Council Forums. A user who can revive dead threads.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Leave the necromancer to me.
    [​IMG]

:p

15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh that's a good one. Bravo!

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

Darth Maul: Rogue One.

17. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    What bothers me the most about this besides it not being in animated form,is
    that Jeremy Barlow had to cut content.
    Like: Quinlan Vos ,Plo Koon and the Magicksaber :(

Sudooku and darskpine10 like this.
  18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Magicksaber?!

19. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    [​IMG]
    On the cover you can see Maul with a double-bladed Magicksaber.
    (Yeah I know Sidious didn't wear that robe in the comic)

20. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Talzin created a saber for him that got cut from the comic - that's why this should have been animated, it would have been so much better. Just imagine the saber Talzin created to duel Windu, but double-bladed, that would have been great to see on screen, especially if Maul fought Sidious.

darskpine10, Sudooku and pronker like this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Wow, I didn't know that. Makes me even more bummed that TCW got cancelled.

22. Joey Arnold

Joey Arnold Jedi Knight

Mar 21, 2015
    Spoiler alert question.

23. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I think the last gleam of Talzin essence, if such thing is a thing, lives on in Maul. If they go for the Horcrux approach. I think the rest was properly disposed of.

pronker likes this.
  24. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    If she has a Horcrux, its likely the stone object in the center of that temple we see in SOD:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/did-maul-used-force-drain-to-survive.50022907/

People working on the CW, including the actress who portrays her, described her as immortal. Her body appears to have "died" and turned to stone in SOD, but she can likely manifest via spirit ichor. I still maintain, from everything we've been shown and told, that she indeed still exists between the spirit and physical realms - so in a sense, she's never truly alive or dead.

pronker likes this.
  25. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Didn't know about the Magicksaber until I looked on this thread. I'm a bit disappointed now.

I interpreted the decaying of Talzin's body as her body becoming too weak to contain all the harvested living Force (she may have been using other splinter Force cults similar to the Frangawl Clan for harvesting people and to stay immortal, and this may also be where the "Water of Life" comes from since it's the same color as the rest of the Nightsister magic), and thus the Force energy started ripping it apart.

On another note, is the living Force a being's soul? And would those beings still be conscious while being stockpiled for the Nightsister magic?

Is Talzin truly dead? Even in death, she may have some surprises up her sleeve.

pronker likes this.