main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    With Allya now being "legends", I wonder just how long the Nightsisters have been around.

2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Looks so,so good. If only we could get a Direct to dvd movie

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Spoilers: we're not.

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Those covers. :cool: Well done, Mr. Scalf.
    Sidious let Maul keep the darksaber? Then he gets a magicksaber/saberstaff from Talzin? o_O
    What if Maul's arc isn't concluded? "Season7WritersConferenceDaveNotes-79"
    After the Bardotta arc, I suspect that season 6 would end with Son of Dathomir, and conclude Talzin's arc. Though un-animated, the scripts and concept/production art remain canon, correct? Perhaps I should write a message to Disney. "More Maul, please."

[​IMG]

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    There is another preview for the first issue out that was released in the special May 4 edition (posted in the Lit forum). In which Darth Maul meets the man he once accused of being a "Sith pretender" for the first time:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is that Almec in the fourth panel of the first page? Interesting how he remains quite loyal to Maul. Has he been defeated by Bo-Katan's loyalist forces, and is that why he is on Zanbar?
    Did I mention how much I love the horned Mandalorian design?

Dra---, Cevan, thejeditraitor and 3 others like this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Makes me wonder if Maul returning was part of Sidious's plan to take control of Black Sun, the Pykes, the Hutts, and the Mandos.

credar likes this.
  7. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Shirtless Maul huh?
    Dooku doesn't look quite like Dooku. He looks too young and his forehead is too small...

8. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I want this theory.

I want it to happen so bad now.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Me too. It's supported by the fact that as Senator of Naboo, Sidious would likely have access to the Theed Power Generator.

Marco1907 likes this.
  10. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    I don't know if it's just me, but is it possible that the Hutts, along with the rest of the crime families, are really are ruled by the Sith in the OT? They are allowed to keep their territory as long as they obey Sidious. Was there anything that contradicts this? So Sidious basically is able to use the crime families to control the people who don't follow the Empire's laws/ basically making so those avoiding the Empire end up being under his control anyway.

I can imagine it now. A flashback of Sidious keeping Maul alive and subtly manipulating Maul and his mind so he will form the Shadow Collective. That moment where Sidious has that sense in his office in The Lawless was Sidious realizing that Maul has taken control of Mandalore and thus it was time to take Maul out and then take over the Shadow Collective.

I love Sidious' manipulations (One of the reasons I adore the Clovis Trilogy), and adding one more power grab for him would be great. The guy can now control the CIS, Republic, Banks, Underworld and more.

This is one of my most anticipated Star Wars comics in years. We are going to see so much happen in this arc! Such a shame we couldn't get that extra season and see this in CGI glory.

Darth Kickass and darklordoftech like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The only thing I dislike about that theory is that I actually liked that Maul was getting to show his more intelligent side. Making it just Sidious' machinations would kind of ruin that.

12. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I agree.
    See: TFU's take on the founding of the Rebellion.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wasn't implying that Sidious played any role in Maul's scheming besides keeping Maul alive knowing what Maul would do if he returned. This is completely different from, say, the Invasion of Naboo, in which Sidious was influencing the Trade Federation to do what they did.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    this looks like a great book.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Can't wait for this, hope that Marvel gets to at least adapt the rest of the stuff.

16. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    I would love an ongoing series that went and adapted the rest of the screenplays/outlines that they had for Seasons 6-8! I'm sure they could get a bit of money from that. It wouldn't be the best selling title, but it would probably do well enough.

Circular Logic likes this.
  17. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I think its safe to assume, Masters Koon, Secura, Kenobi, Windu, and Vos comprise the strike team, based on the concept art. Hopefully the Jedi won't feature much, because I've enjoyed the occasional villain-centric stories (Monster, Massacre, Eminence). Its as if the writers/creators made a list and filled every opportunity with fan-service.
    Dooku and Maul finally in the same room together? Check.
    Mauldalorians? Check.
    Nightbrothers? Check.
    Maul versus Dooku? Check.
    Maul versus Grievous? Check.
    Talzin scheming? Check.
    Maul's past? Check.
    Jedi versus Sith? Check.
    Darth Sidious? Check.
    Sidious versus Talzin? Check.

18. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I was hoping either Eeth Koth or Oppo Rancisis would appear as part of the strike force, but I guess not.

19. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Hopefully Eeth, Oppo, and some other original TCW Jedi are included in the strike force and are killed off. It would be a terrible waste if they only included Jedi who we know cannot die.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm wondering if Agen will just be retconned into Eeth. With the EU being a blank slate now, and the only canon being films and TCW, if most people stick to canon, who are they going to naturally think Agen Kolar is after watching TCW?

Adi Gallia is more difficult, since she was shown to die. But when you see someone that looks pretty much exactly like Adi Gallia on a speeder bike in TCW, I'm guessing kids might think it's an older Katooni, or something like that, or those with more active imaginations might believe she survived somehow, because TCW never bothered to establish Stass or Agen, and the films never speak their names.

There might not be a formal declaration that Stass and Agen don't exist or are being renamed, but I'm curious to see if future novels and comics of the TCW era just ignore these characters. In which case, they might be reluctant to kill Eeth off, if they are just going to let people assume that Agen is Eeth.

Oppo however is expendable regardless, as is Vos. I would hope at least one familiar, expendable Jedi goes and is killed, rather than only those with plot armor or original characters created specifically to be killed off in this arc.

21. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    That would be difficult seeing as both Eeth and Agen appeared in AOTC. Vos isn't expendable because of his name-drop in ROTS.

22. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
  23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I want this to be the end for both Maul and Talzin. Those guys had there run. I don't want to lave this series still woderning what else is there and most importantly if they ever get to tell it. I'll feel satisfied if the story ends with issue 4. We need closure on this guys, cause we don't really know if the other stuff will ever see the light of day

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    On the other hand, it somehow doesn't feel appropriate for Movie/TV canon characters to die in a comic or novel. I sometimes joke that "Go die in a novel!" would be an insult Star Wars characters would sling at eachother.

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I want to see a Maul/Dooku/Mace free-for-all.