main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I would have actually liked to see Talzin create / give Maul the robes we see in the concept art, to "restore" him back as a Sith Lord in her / his eyes. It also would have been cool if Maul got to use the magick saber we see on the cover of SoD #4 - another cool unused concept. Perhaps his next incarnation will have both. I'd love to see him travel to the ruins on Dathomir, follwed by a ghost of Talzin leading him to these items.

Sudooku likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I like him using the red and dark saber.

3. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Darth Maul could return in an Obi-wan spinoff. As long as they finally let Obi-wan kill him.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Please let this happen. And make sure Obi-Wan knows for sure he is dead this time.

5. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Hi Vorax,

yes, I saw the links of cwstudent above but couldn't open both of them.
    Your link I can open :) Thanks. Lord Maul is really a sight to behold!

Heck! Almec is dead? Didn't saw that in the comic yet.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Not saying Almec is officilally dead, just speculating a scenerio based upon the Star Wars; Rebels setting, Mandalore was laid siege to by the Galactic Empire at some point during the 14 years span since ROTS.

7. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Oh, this month we will also watch the first four episodes of Rebels in TV. So when Mandalore is under siege the Empire didn't conquere it yet. :)

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

What.

9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont think English is her first language and I dont know the scheduling of the series for Germany if that what is what she's referring to.

Sudooku likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh thanks.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    In Darth Maul: Lockdown, Maul and Kamori Vosa had a shared attraction to one another and had a cool duel, would be interesting if this is carried over to Ventress if Vosa is merged with Ventress in the new continuity.

12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    It is interesting: In "Eminence", the leader of the Black Son Xomit Grunseit, tells Maul on his request ot build an army with the help of the Black Sun "We are no mercenaries", before he fell victim to the quintuple decapitation meted out by Savage Opress. In SoD, #4, Ziton Moj, the new leader of Black Sun tells Mandalorian Commander Rook Kast, that the Black Sun isn't supporting Darth Maul anymore because Black Sun's men are just mercenaries and not soldiers like the Mandalorians. At least one progress in the development of the Black Sun ;)

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I think Maul and Savage broke and reshaped Black Sun, it would be interesting to see what Maul and the Mandos did to them after the events of SoD...

14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I just was reviewing #2 of SoD. There is no hint at, when for the first time, Talzin revealed to Maul within her green ichor being his biological mother. Was it just at Zanbar? Or even much earlier? Or did Maul know all the time that Talzin was his mother?

15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Sudooku My guess is that Maul knew all along. The reveal was for the audience's benefit (shock-value).

Sudooku and Cevan like this.
  16. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Its certainly possible that Maul knew all along - he may have retained memories of her and Dathomir before being taken. I'm curious if Kycina (from the old EU) is now totally erased, or if Talzin had Kycina raise him. I guess that may depend on when Talzin became clan mother...

17. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Maybe Kycina just brought Maul to the Blue Desert City. At Sidious' orders and some bribe perhaps. Maybe Maul trusted her but not Sidious. But of course then Kycina's dialogue with Sidious in "Darth Plagueis" would be totally out of the new context now. But actually I don't think we will see or hear from Kycina in "Rebels" or other stuff released in the future. Maybe in a Maul-Movie or some Maulvel. :)

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    After finally sitting down and reading SoD, i can say this was a great comic and nice continuation of Maul's story, hopefully we will see his final arc one day 9/10
    +Very nice action, with some big large scale battles :D
    + Loved the details about Sidious and Talzin's past
    +That final battle :D
    +Liked all of Sidious scheming
    +Nice visuals
    +It was cool seeing more about the nightsisters magicks and how it's seperate from the force
    -Obi-Wans involvement was completely unnecessary in this story
    -the story was very rushed in some parts
    -I hated the false advertising. Final chapter in Maul's saga my *Other word for Donkey*

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what Viscus will do with himself and his tribe now that Talzin and the Nightsisters are dead.

20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think that Viscus and the nightbrothers died in the following attack on Dathomir

21. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's nothing left of the Nighsisters and Nightbrothers. The CIS layed waste to the planet twice, with Sidious himself getting involved in the second battle.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Sidious wants that planet wiped from the galaxy its been a pain for him.

23. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Its possible that Maul & Ventress are the last of the Nightbrothers / Nightsisters, but we never see Brother Viscus fall, nor a few others. Likewise, there are other clans of Nightsisters in the EU, so I expect them to survive beyond the reign of Sidious. Perhaps an author will devise a story about some / all of them in future EU material.

Sudooku likes this.
  24. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I was looking through some SoD earlier tonight, and I noticed that in one panel, Dathomir has its appearance from Legends rather than it's canon appearance.

[​IMG]

Now here is it's canon appearance:

[​IMG]

25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I noticed that too. It seems like they just copy-pasted the first Wookieepedia image they saw and called it a day.