main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If I get chopped in half, can I use my anger to stay alive like Maul did? :p

2. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    A fixation on rage and revenge: The new cure for any fatal injury. (Warning side effects may include having an unhealthy melodramatic obsession on Keeennnooobbiiii!!!!!, suddenly having a brother who is more muscular than you, having a strong desire to create an Empire, and then going, "Aw crap!" when your former Master reappears, royally defeats and turns you into a sniveling mess and then claims to have *other* uses for you.)

Revanfan1, Iron_lord, Zer0 and 7 others like this.
  3. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    yes!

Zabrak 3 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  5. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

Apparently there have been cases where people were cut in half but miraculously survived. For example there was one incident with a train, but you can look that up yourself.

Darth_Pevra and Zabrak 3 like this.
  6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Humans and Zabraks are closely enough related that they are able to interbreed, and Maul himself is 3/4ths human. So I really doubt there's that much of a difference.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Called it.

If and when that happens, Sequel Trilogy... beware.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    And I called this: If Maul winds up appearing in the ST, I'm pretty sure I'd wind up having a freaking stroke.:p

I mean, not only is it a ridiculous concept in and of itself, but folks... he's just not that interesting.

But of course, YMMV.

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Wait for Maul and Ahsoka and Boba freakin' Fett to show up in the ST.

Actually scratch that, Boba is the one a bunch a people would be half expecting. No, it's Jango Fett instead. He survived his decapitation due to, uh, his extreme hatred for Mace...

Yeah.

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If they don't cut off Maul's head in the upcoming comic, there is no way he stays off the silver screen.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Jango would have his revenge by walking headless? Would he be called the Headless Bounty Hunter?

cwustudent and Zabrak 3 like this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    One of the Geonosians was a perverse Dr Mengele type. He attached Jango's head to the body of one of the dead Jedi scattered around the arena.

Thus Jango is not only back, he's now Force sensitive as well.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    At this point the ST team doesn't need to invent more villains -- there're enough lying around from the previous films to recycle for a new trilogy!

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    My sig approves of this msg.

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  15. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm calling this now: Every villain who bit the dust in the PT, TCW, OT, and the EU will be revived for the ST.

Explanation: Their anger and thirst for vengeance kept them alive.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Rise of the Ridiculous Revivals

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Its a Dark-Side Party, & everyone's invited.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You may just be right, there, SSS. I may not find him all that engaging, but Maul does have his fans, and certainly, I would never begrudge those fans that enjoyment.

Truth is, even though I didn't much care for the thought of bringing him back, I felt TCW did a pretty good job of it. And now that it's been done, and Maul's survival is canon, I'd have no problem seeing him wind up in another film (in fact, done well, I think he'd make a rather fine foil for Ewan McGregor in a Ben Kenobi pic). I mean, provided that enough expository dialogue is included in the picture, so that people not familiar with TCW aren't completely baffled, I don't see why not. One of the things Maul's appearance in TCW managed (other than to provide some much needed characterization) was to set up some interesting potential story avenues for the guy. Yep, depending on where DM:SOD leaves things, I could absolutely see some future for Maul on the silver screen.

My only thing is, I just don't want to see him anywhere near the ST. I generally find such over-the-top resurrections the likes of Maul's to be unfavourable to begin with, and I certainly don't have any interest in seeing a 100 year old Maul causing trouble for the next generation of Sky-Solos.

But for my money, worse than bringing him back in the first place - worse, even, than having a centenarian Maul in Episode VII, is what I find to be one of the most distasteful, desperate, unimaginative fan-fiction flights of fancy I've come across in some thirty-five years of personal SW fandom: sticking Maul (and I've read people saying the same for Ahsoka, too) in carbonite, only to thaw them out, fresh, young, vital and "ready for action" in the Sequel Trilogy. It just sounds so disappointingly - so crushingly - uninspired, that I hope we never see the ST go anywhere near such a storyline.

But that's just me. Other's mileage may vary.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Man it's gonna be fun with Vader, Palps, Dooku, Maul, Boba, Jango, Pre Viszla... Plagueis, Decidus, Bane, Zannah, Malgus, Malak, Revan, Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd, Ludo Kreesh, et al all in the same room... frickin Darth Nihilus arisen to nom nom nom everything once again... Emperor Vitiate getting stood up and calling Palps a false emperor... Mandalore the Ultimate and the Indomitable and all those other Mandalores... Xim the Despot and the Rakata and who knows what else.

Episode VII is going to ROCK!

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Episode VII: The Army of the Pissed-Off Dead

In another comic, film, Netflix miniseries, Apple TV exclusive, whatever...Maul trains Darksoka. Who challenges ZombieVader for a place at Clonepatine's side, and calls him "Skyguy" just to troll him.

Revanfan1, spicer, Zabrak 3 and 3 others like this.
  20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    They want to show that juicy Vader-Maul confrontation in dark times. Calling it now.

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Like Luke wanting to snatch his saber? YES.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't think this is a season 6 arc, it might be from a season 7 arc. Hope it takes care of the Maul thing, since he was not around in Episode 3. Unless they plan on re-writing the entire EU, then that's another story

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Carbonite is our friend. Just ask Captain Solo.

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hahaha, it's so true. I just hope he doesn't pop up in Episode 7, that would be too much.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    FTFY.

Because standard Maul was just too... well, standard. ;)