main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Recessive Zabrak genes carried by Talzin.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul is obviously not human and nor is Talzin. Sidious is an evil-father-like figure for Maul and Anakin as they're both relatively orphans and taken away from their mother and had no known father of their own. Whatever he does when doesnt kill off Maul on Sundari or salvages Vader on Mustafar, was not done out've any fatherly compassion, just what he can use for his own personal gain later on. With Maul he wanted to learn who his allies were, wanted to take over the Shadow Collective or destroy it with Vader he needed a bodyguard as there was no one else left and he could still be powerful enough to remain as his Sith Apprentice until someday he finds a replacement ect.

McDiarmid comments, ' If you wanted a subtitle for these movies it could be 'Fathers and Sons.' And while Palpatine isn't, we must assume, Anakin's natural father in this film he is certainly a father figure for him."

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In the Expanded Universe he was half his father.

4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Perhaps when Sidious and Talzin shared darkside knowledge, they used that power to create life by manipulating the midi-chlorians. It would be interesting if Maul shared a similar story to Anakin...

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I doubt it because Sidious never mastered any of the MC stuff.

6. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    I liked this comic but it is a shame that Sidious had to kill savage because it would have been better with him in it!

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Welcome to the forum, Archie Brown :)
    Sidious would have to take Maul and Savage in a double pack. And the brothers would always be more loyal to each other than to Sidious. That risk commonly brotherly plotting against him, Sidious just can't afford.

Or do you mean Maul and Savage are still fighting together against Sidious in SoD? Then it would be Sons of Dathomir. :D

Archie Brown likes this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Talzin: "Arise, Maul, reborn son of Dathomir."

9. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    Yes I suppose it would have to be called sons of Dathomir!

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Another connection parallel to Vader:

[​IMG]

Maul started the "no! no!" before Vader. ;)

11. Darth Heisenberg

Darth Heisenberg Jedi Knight

Mar 5, 2014
    Does anybody know where I can buy a copy of Son of Dathomir without paying a **** load of money? It seems to have gone out of print. Does Marvel plan on reprinting it anytime soon?

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    No idea, they look pretty pricey even on Ebay. A few months ago I collected some of the variant covers of issue #1, good thing too.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's only $25 on Amazon, which isn't too bad. A few less known sites have it for closer to $20.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So it's out of print?

15. Darth Heisenberg

Darth Heisenberg Jedi Knight

Mar 5, 2014
    It appears so. I guess it was to be expected with Marvel publishing all further comics, but I hope it gets a rerelease soon, I haven't actually read it yet.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's only about 25 on Amazon so I say buy it used.

17. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I'm guessing you want a physical copy, but if you want to read it as you want for the Marvel reprint, the digital edition is still on the available from Dark Horse!

18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I would contact local comic / book stores before checking online. Sometimes you'll find a comic shop with less traffic that may still have the single issues or the trade paperback. I hope that Marvel releases the series again, but with an expanded story, and new artwork - I'd like to see the CW animated art.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul needs another good series where he's the protagonist, showing why he was such a feared menace as he moves through the galaxy on a guest to carve out and define his destiny which was hinted at by Talzin early on. He was the something sinister rising felt by Dooku and Anakin, both of these characters are Sith, past and present.

Erkan12 likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Jedi Knight Fett You've been warned about suggesting pirated material before, so this is your last one. Next time there won't be a warning.

21. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Just my luck.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Yea, it doe sure seem the EU version of Dathomir was used by mistake in the comic.

CV: TCW Season 3 Panel Coverage
    Posted by Mike on August 17, 2010 at 10:13 AM CST:
    Moderated by David Collins, Dave Filoni and Joel Aron talk as much as they can about the upcoming third season of The Clone Wars while dodging spoiler questions from a number of cute innocent children...

(This report is based on Sunday's TCW S3 Panel)

- VIDEO CLIP: Things kick off with a clip of S3 in which Kamino is under siege by Ventress, Greivous and the Separatists

- The panel will ultimately feature more TCW footage than they have ever shown in a panel previously

- Joel Aron: Every detail is meticulously thought out. They wanted the Kamino siege to be bigger in scope than Season 2's Landing at Point Rain.

- Dave Filoni - Still trying to make organic settings more realistic. Look for the look of water to be severely upgraded including reflections.

- The new Trident Drills from the Kamino siege clip were Jules Verne inspired

- New Aquadroids have more sharp angles than regular SBDs.

- The clones on Kamino are clean and have yet to develop their distinguishable traits and personalities...ARC troopers are present as well.

- Rex is a key character

- Dave Filoni: Stop sending cute little kids up to ask about the fate of Ahsoka

- Joel Aron: It takes 10 weeks to make an episode. They are now using efficiencies from the Prequels to make new water and explosion/smoke shots more realistic

- Dave Filoni: Not sure how they are going to do all that they have planned for Season 3 but as always, they'll reach for the skies and figure it out.

- Dave Filoni: Ventress will be quite different from the beginning to the end of Season 3.

- VIDEO CLIP: We're shown a clip where an injured Ventress lands on Dathomir and encounters her Nightsister mother (get ready for some retcon EU fans)

- Dave Filoni: We're going to learn a lot about the past of Assaj Ventress. (On a personal note, I wonder if, besides the whole Mando thing, this also played into Karen Traviss leaving the EU. I believe she created a backstory for Ventress in the TCW movie novelization)

- Dave Filoni: The Nightsisters use witchcraft, not necessarily The Force. There are similarities but their powers and uses are different.

- Dave Filoni: Dathomir has a red/blood red color scheme

- Dave Filoni: Season 3 villains are "more potent." Through victories, the Jedi have become overconfident. Look for Dooku to be more evil and intense in S3 while displaying his prowess as a Sith Lord

- VIDEO CLIP: The next clip shows a sleeping Dooku awakened and under attack by 3 lightsaber-wielding assailants. Dooku's pajamas look comfy.

- Dave Filoni: Season 3 is looking bad for Ventress

- Dave Filoni: George Lucas told Dave to show a lot at CV while the PR department said no. Lucas specifically wanted Dave to show the Ventress clip on Dathomir.

- Dave Filoni and George Lucas drew on EU inspiration for the look of the Dathomiri witches but added their own characteristics.

- Katie Lucas wrote a decent amount on Ventress in Season 3 and sourced a lot of EU material.

- Dave Filoni: In speaking to aspiring film makers - listen to those who know more than you.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/CV_TCW_Season_3_Panel_Coverage_133279.asp

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Nope- was established in the Clone Wars Multimedia project long before that - Traviss simply used the appropriate references.

25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I didnt write, thats from the link. Should adjust the quote. ;)