main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Maul spinoff ideas?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DEATHCONQUEROR, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Since Maul most certainly probably won't be in the sequel trilogy, I know I'm not the only one that thinks Disney's decision to make spinoff's could be attributed for Maul. Ray Park really really want's to be cast as Maul again in some film, but who thinks what, if any, would make a good Maul spinoff?

Sitara and InterestingLurker like this.
  2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Sidious training Maul

TheBBP and InterestingLurker like this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm pretty Mauled out atm.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, the good news is that a Maul film would not be available for a few years, so you may not be Mauled out by then. :p

TheBBP and GGrievous like this.
  5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm not Mauled out, but I am Revaned out.

Immortiss and GGrievous like this.
  6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    EHhh....IDK if a Maul spin off would work. Kinda sucks watching a movie knowing "Yeah....that guy is gunna get cut in half by "The Pretty Jedi" (aka Ewan Mcgregor) later and we'll never see him ever again". Then again...thats the problem with prequel films in general. You know who lives and who dies. Whatev

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Let's hope that Maul doesn't receive a cameo in Episode VII then. :p

[​IMG]

Immortiss and KED12345 like this.
  8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I think we should just split from this Maul thread.

TheBBP likes this.
  9. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Here's my 2 cents of a movie/plot idea to begin with:

Darth Maul (Ray Park) would get a whole new fresh start in these spinoff movies, taking place after the 4-part events of "Son of Dathomir" (this all depends on if he survives it). After his final showdown with Sidious, he is once again thought to be finally dead by his Master. The spinoff film/s plot begins and revolves entirely around a whole new satellite galaxy orbiting the bigger regular galaxy. While their could be some rare appearances of a few races/species that we are familiar with, it is a whole new environment with whole new races, species, ships, and technologies that we have never seen before in the movies. There are Force sensitive's, but no Jedi or Sith. This galaxy probably has never seen any at all. There is and was hardly, if any, travel or communications between this satellite galaxy and the regular galaxy. There are whole new characters and protagonists/antagonists that we've never seen before, besides Maul being the central antagonist. There is a trade-off between the perspectives of new characters in the satellite galaxy and Maul's perspective. Maul, this time completely alone, appears to planets and people as a new and shadowy phantom stranger in town that they have never seen anything like before. There are a few flashbacks here and there every now and then showing his escape from Obi-wans bisecting, his final confrontation with Sidious, and backstory as to how he arrived in this satellite galaxy in the first place. It wouldn't have to be too complicated so as to not confuse viewers who haven't read the comics or seen CW. Basically (without mental problems like in CW) Maul is trying to find out where he is and where his Master last was, but eventually discovers that he is in a completely new environment where there is possibly no way he can find his way back to the galaxy he came from. So he digs in, and makes this galaxy his new home, furthers his evolution as his own Sith Master, where he plans and ascends his rise to power to hopefully make this galaxy his kingdom as it's only Sith Lord (along with potentially seeking a new and different apprentice)........until one day, far into the future, he can discover some way to return to his home in the regular galaxy. It would settle his absence for the rest of the movies from the regular galaxy.

This is just a basic idea, and one that does not involve pre-phantom menace events that would seem unnecessary.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think there should be a trilogy of Maul films. One about his upper half, one about his lower half and in the finale the two halves having been separated for so long find their way back to each other.

11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The first story has already been told via TCW. But the second story hasn't, so here it is:

[​IMG]

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The untold story of the angriest pair of legs there ever was! [face_devil]

Immortiss, Dra--- and DARTH_BELO like this.
  13. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Old Wounds is the most reasonable adaptation for a film, whether it's canon or non-canon, just use it as a basis for adaptation

Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan
    Ray Park as Darth Maul
    Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars

Piece together the rest, and you have an Obi-Wan vs Maul spin-off on Tatooine, that will SURELY be epic. It could be that old school gunslinger western kind of film. It would be a huge lost opportunity if they didn't do this. As far as films that piece together the PT/OT, this film and a Darth Vader spin-off are the most bankable films, in my opinion. Boba & Han films being the other bankable spin-offs, I can foresee off hand.
    Maul's fate hasn't been decided, has it? Why not do a movie based on Old Wounds....?

Mav Edit: Posts merged. Please don't double post, use the edit button if you have something else to say.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'd rather they not retread the same old ground, so to put a spin on it this time round, in the final showdown, let's have Obi slice him vertically rather than horizontally :D

15. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Fixed.

markdeez33 likes this.
  16. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The Maul spin-off already came out a few years ago. Source.

17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Darth Maul: Stuck in Rehab, awaiting new legs
    staring Darth Maul and his lovely rehab councilor Gerawn to be released Valentines Day 2018.... can an injured man ever find true love? Or will he slaughter the facility after patiently waiting for new legs?
    [​IMG]

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Apparently, the tests are not going well so far.

[​IMG]

Edit -- This gif is creepy as ****.

Darth Pig, Immortiss, Dra--- and 8 others like this.
  19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    We might find out more when these new episodes hit Netflix next month, but I am VERY interested in finding out what goes down...

After Sidious kills Savage Oppress and takes Maul back at his side

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It has to end with them both running/dragging by fingers toward each other in a field of flowers. In slow motion.

Word is that the Maul story is going to be told in a comic.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Correct, Maul is not included in the 13 bonus content episodes. His TCW storyline is being concluded by that comic instead.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...h-mauls-conclusion-comic-miniseries.50017559/

Immortiss and TheBBP like this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Interesting. That is good to know. Thanks gents.

Pro Scoundrel and EHT like this.
  23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm also pretty Mauled out. I kinda thought the inclusion of him in TCW was a bit of a cop-out, to create some shock value... (2nd Death Star, anyone??) Most importantly, IMO the return of Darth Maul completely undermined the magnitude of the realization that Obi-Wan was the first Jedi to kill a Sith in over 1000 years-not to mention his knighthood...

24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^I don't think it undermined it, or that killing Maul was that big of a deal really. He still defeated Maul, who might as well have been dead for the state he was in anyway.

Circular Logic likes this.
  25. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    In the romantic climax, Maul's top half looks at his bottom half and passionately states "You complete me".

Bah-dumm-tish!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.