Darth Maul, The Showoff

Discussion in 'The Phantom Menace' started by Master_Sith_XX, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master

star 4
    I only wish he could've fought a little longer with the single blade. That was pretty sweet. Now THAT guy was well-trained!

Besides, he can show off as much as he wants, if he feels like it. It's not like he can't back it up!

(Unless OB1's around, dammit!)

He could've smoked a LOT of Jedi.

I completely agree. :D
  2. Jabba-wocky Force Ghost

star 8
    Just thought I should point out that it was the same guy throughout. Darth Maul was played by Ray Park a professional stunt/movie swordsman/fighter/acrobat. This explains his lack of lines (couldn't act) and the incredible lightsaber skills (that's the only kind of stuff he does for a living). So the person fighting with the single blade is the same as the doubl-bladed person. He also choreographed the fight.
  3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    You know, in X-Men, Ray Park (Toad) grabs a piece of pipe and uses it just like the double saber. I laughed out loud at that scene.
  4. Master_Sith_XX Jedi Youngling

5. SithHolocron Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey don't flame people, M_SXX.
  6. DarthZchour Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yeah, that must've been a little diddy for the SW fans. I loved it!!

BTW, I thought Nick Gellard choreographed the fighting?
  7. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight

star 5
  8. Koohii Jedi Master

star 5
    Ray Park is not without talent. He just needs a good script to work from.

Throwing the droid piece to open the door was silly. Why not just use the force to open the door?
    Oh, because he was afraid of tripping over it with his WuShu-inspired flips.
  9. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight

star 5
    The same question could be asked about Luke when he dropped the door on the Rancor.

It must take more concentration to push a button in than it does to send something flying into the button.
  10. The_Shadow_SITH Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yep, it's true, he Force Pushed the item to open the door. I didn't really think Maul was showing off. Possibly he was a very acrobatic Sith Knight and he was trained to excel in that area. Plus, it looks sooo cool. :)
  11. homeless_jedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    what show off!! darth maul should join a drama class and put some tight pants on!
  12. Koohii Jedi Master

star 5
    I wish they hadn't given away the 2-bladed saber in the trailers. That should have been a cool surprise.

Seems like a lot of movies have been giving away what should be cool surprises in their trailers. Very annoying.
  13. rodan70 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Of coures Darth Maul is a showoff! He tries to use that to his advantage, Intimidation (sp?)
  14. SlowLearner Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think it's cool that Darth Maul is a showoff. I mean if you've got it, flaunt it! Right? :D

Speaking of showoffs, what about Obi-Wan? Watch him as he approaches Darth Maul in that scene. He's confidently heading towards him while twirling his lightsaber. Is it necessary for him to twirl his saber like that? No...but it looks cool. :cool:
  15. Onnie Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Speaking of showoffs, what about Obi-Wan? Watch him as he approaches Darth Maul in that scene.

Yeah! He should drop more than a light sabre and robe darn it!

(grumbles)

Okay, I'll be good and stay on-topic. Sorry mods. (hangs head)

Obi-Wan has an advantage in reach because Maul can't touch either sides of his staff without cutting his own hand off (unlike a wodden staff, etc.) This goes back to the other thread laying somewhere around here where I spoke about a staff user closing their hands together on the handle. That is when you are about to get into trouble as a sword user.

Anyways, long short, Obi-Wan closes him but stay's out of range using his sword length against Maul. Maul also has to work almost twice as hard weilding two blades on either side of himself to miss himself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.