main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul- the weakest of the Sith

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DARTH_COSTINE, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_COSTINE

DARTH_COSTINE Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    After watching all of the movies after seeing ROTS Darth Maull has lost a lot of luster. Dooku would tear him apart.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Moving to PT

3. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Can't agree there. But with the little time we saw both of them it really would be hard to discern anyway.

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    maul killed qui-gon and defeated obi-wan. he only died because he was surprised and caught off guard.

dooku doesn't personally kill any jedi on screen.

in my opinion maul is not the weakest of the sith.

5. Tredavi

Tredavi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    "He only died because he was suprized and caught off guard" Thats not an excuse thats how they all die. Thats like saying he only died because he wasn't as good as keeping his guard up.

6. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Maul also had another element that I don't believe Tyranus had. Maul's very appearence was enough to scare the crap out of you.

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Maul was indeed a powerful Sith, fast and cunning, but he was only an Apprentice. He's truely no match for Dooku. If Maul could have moved to a higher rank and improved his technique, he would truely be a match for any Jedi in years to come.

8. DARTH_COSTINE

May 21, 2005
    Maul was trained as a sith like jedi are trained. He was unleashed upon the galaxy and a padawan kicked his ass. He was a failure to Sids.

9. DARTH_COSTINE

May 21, 2005
    Move up? Could he replace Sids? Not happening. Maul was a tool. A weapon. A pawn.

10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    DARTH_COSTINE posted on 5/21/05 11:13am
    Move up? Could he replace Sids? Not happening. Maul was a tool. A weapon. A pawn.[hr][/blockquote]

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said he could replace Sidious, or anyone for that matter.

11. LilBastardAnakin

LilBastardAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    Maul was one hell of alot better with a saber than his master

12. AnotherUser

AnotherUser Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Rubbish thread title. maul was one a great sith lord. He killed a jedi master. The man has unlimited power.

his only weakness was his overconfidence.

13. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that.
    --------------------------------------------------

This is from a Rolling Stone Lucas interview.

He seems to hold suited Vader, Maul, and Dooku at about the same regard.

Dooku had more knowledge of the force then Maul did, that much was clear, but nothing to Palps.

Im sure Maul or Vader could block Dookus lightning as easily as Kenobi did, but they would all get trounced by Palps sheer force power. ROTS Anakin was the only one strong enough to take down Sids, and the scarey part was he was still getting stronger...until the suit...

14. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Thats not an excuse thats how they all die. Thats like saying he only died because he wasn't as good as keeping his guard up.

that is not how they all die. palps and maul are the only two who died that way (not including characters from rots). all others were killed in combat or gave themselves up.

15. darkchaz_01

darkchaz_01 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Darth Maul- the weakest of the Sith

With respect to your opinion, I believe that this is a one sided answer.

With Maul's speed and athleticism, he could easily out do both Dooku and (suited) Vader, in a lightsaber duel, but what he excells at in technique, he lacks in knowledge, as both Dooku and Vader have proven that their knowledge and control of the force, is much greater than Maul's, for what little we saw of his power anyway.

For all we know, Maul could have been more powerful than anyone, but he is over-confident. The way I see it is that he is someone who prefers more of a challenge in a fight, rather than defeating his enemies straight away with his power of the force.

16. Revans_Clone

Revans_Clone Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    In terms of knowledge of the Force, Maul has been the weakest of all the Sith. This could be because I never really saw him use any Force powers. Now as a swordsman, he is one of the best I've seen. I would have liked to see him face off in a lightsaber dual against and Episode II Anakin.

17. Freedom_Fighter

Freedom_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    yes perhaps maul was the weakest of the four sith in these movies (maul, tyranus, sidious, and vader) but that doesn't mean he's an overall weak sith. he was actually very strong, he did kill qui-gonn after all. the only thing is that all three of the other sith are like seriously made out to be EXCEPTIONALLY strong. Dooku was nearly at the class of master yoda (though yoda was still stronger) and Sidious is of course the most powerful sith there is. Aside from maybe Vader that is, whom he kept on a leash. Vader was supposed to be the chosen one and he was also exceptionally strong like dooku and sidious. so just saying maul is the weakest of these four is in no way saying he's a weak sith. and i think he loses none of his luster, cuz he really wasn't meant to seem as exceptionally strong as the other three. he was basically only there to provide a fight scene for episode I.

18. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Given time he could have been the strongest.

Sidious: Old, experienced and a master of deception.

Tyranus: Old, experienced and a master of manipulating people and blades.

Vader: Until put into the suit he had the most potential of any Force user ever. After he was put in the suit I don't think he would be a match for Maul.

Maul: Young, fast, powerful. A killer through and through. Given time to grow wiser and less arrogent he could have cut down almost any Jedi. Only Yoda, Windu, Anakin and maybe a few others like Obi-Wan would even stand a chance.

19. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Dooku was clearly the most skilled of the three. He was a sword master, and he knew how to fully use his force powers. Maul's force abilities seem to pretty weak compared to dooku's. I'm not exactly sure how suited vader stakcs up to those 2 in terms of force power abilities. I'm think he's more powerfull then maul, but not as powerfull as dooku. In terms of fighting, mauls style give him an adventage over dooku. I'm not too sure how it would stack up against vader's. If you look at vader fight he doesn't get himself in a bad position at all, and he's very strong.

20. rlddrummer

rlddrummer Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    I think all Sith apprentices go from one extreme to the other as they're revealed.

Maul- Insane with a lightsaber, lacking in knowledge of the force
    Dooku- Very proficient in both aspects, but not the best with either one
    Vader- Not the best swordsman, but definitely the best force user

21. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I think Mauls was the weakest Sith from the Trilogy.
    He is still very strong, but weaker then the others.

I think this would be the rank.

1.A. Skywalker
    2.Palps
    3.Dooku
    4.Suited Vader
    5.Maul

22. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Maul was one hell of alot better with a saber than his master

I diagree.

23. Klawria

Klawria Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2001
    Maul was referred to in the book as just an "animal", and was never meant to become anything more then his purpose there. The way of the SITH is deceipt, all the way up to when Vader ask Luke to join him to overthrow the Emporer....

24. Kellson

Kellson Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2005
    Maul's positives:

-Double saber. Yeah. Better than that curvy saber that Dooku has.
    -His face will scare hell out of anyone.
    -He took down a Jedi Master, Qui-Gon, no less. Who, I might add, was trained by Dooku. What does that tell you?
    -He's faster, quicker, and physically stronger than any of the other Sith.
    -He is serious about the dark side. Some of you have said Dooku and Sids have more knowledge in the Force...from your point of you, perhaps. Maul only used the Force when he absolutely needed it, like to hurl things at a door control. He mainly relied on his mad saber skills, which beat Dooku any day.

Sidious may be better than Maul, but Maul is far better than Dooku.

25. isyraroc

isyraroc Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    After RotS, Maul appears to be forgotten, a Sith with no real purpose to the story with the exception of the fact that he was Palp's apprentice, and that he and Dooku had to make room for Anakin. Maul was definitely was one of the most skilled at saber combat, and he proved that in the final battle in TPM.

I think that with the exception of Anakin, Maul had the greatest potential, but because of his short appearance in the saga, it was wasted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.