main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Maul V.S Darth Vader who would win?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Hitman90, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    maul would have the upper hand as far a sword combat goes, but vader could use the force on maul much better

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    It's a tough call, but I think the Jedi Tales more or less turns out how I think it is. It would be a close draw, with Maul's speed being his advantage, but I think Vader's overwhelming power and more tactically focused mind would win out. Badly wounded, but still the winner.

Before we get into the whole "but Obi Wan beat Anakin!" argument, I think it's only fair to point out that there are many emotional and environmental variables contributing to Anakin's failure in ROTS. Had it been a fight based purely on power, where psychological control was not an issue, I fairly well believe Anakin would have eventually wound up mopping the floor with Obi Wan. And by the time I see Vader and Maul going at it, Vader's gained alot more control.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Darth Maul couldn't even carry Darth Vader's cape. Enough said.

4. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Everyone is talking about how cumbersome Vader's armor is.

In real life, yes, but in SW, I would disagree.

Vader's arms and legs are machinery, right?

So, the weight of teh suit on his arm wouldn't matter because his arm isn't flesh and bone. His muscles woudln't stress against the weight because they have been replaced by gears and wires. Same with his legs.

I say he moves around fine. Just cause we don't see him running around all over the place and jumping down five stories doesn't mean he couldn't.

[BTW, that was not a spoiler. I'm not sure exactly what parts of his body are missing, but I'm pretty sure, based on the OT and EU, that he doesn't have arms and legs]

5. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Maul. He is an infinitely better swordsman.

Sitara likes this.
  6. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I still would stick with Darth Maul depsite what the comic says. Sure, Vader can probably move around fine. He is part machine and therfore he doesnt really feel as much as a human does.

Part of the reason Darth Maul lost to Vader in this was one, it looks like it was setup to begin with by the Emperor, and two, Maul was talking to much trash. If he had kept his mouth shut and strctily tried to kill Darth Vader, then he would have succeded.

7. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I don't think it matters that it was set up by the emperor. Why would that by +1 for Vader?

8. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    It's possible that the Emperor was testing him. I really don;t think he would let Vader get killed.

9. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    He was, but if Vader was killed, would it matter?

I don't think so. I mean, this is the guy who can supposedly create... wait. I caught myself!

*whew*

I think he could easily "find" another one.

Not like he needed Vader at that point anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.