main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul's Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What if they make a spin off involving Maul and Xizor going to Coruscant to interview the emperor, but before they can go there they are tasked by the Rebels to assassinate Palpatine :eek:

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Played by James Freako and Seth Rogaine?!

SOD just tied on Talzin and explained the motive of Maul's return, cause his Mother. Aside from that it was a cliffhanger.

Last known leader of Black Sun was Ziton Moj, Savage executed all the bosses. Maybe it was so broken up they started recruiting non Falleen but they always made it a point in TCW and old canon/EU that Black Sun had near limitless resources and its military rivaled or surpassed any in the known universe.

They abandoned their posts at SOD #4, likely Death Watch would be after Moj, like Kast says she'll be going after their heads. All we know is that someone alerted the CIS to their location mysteriously, along with the Pykes. Perhaps Maul did as those two groups were wanting money, so may of just decided to eliminated them and use them as a diversion or Almec betrayed Death Watch or they just saw their opportunity to pull out, but somehow unexplained in the comic and it appears deliberately was someone gave up their locations. The only ones really holding them together was Maul's Death Watch enforcers Rook Kast and Gar Saxon. If the Black Sun organization survived their racket would be probably be closer to Xizor's from SOTE but we thats speculation a that character along with Dash havent been so far canonized.

Maul seemed to have grander plans than the Shadow Collective by this series, as he said out've the roots of dathomir would arise a new galactic order when he was reviving Mother Talzin through Dooku's body. I'm curious if Maul will be in the ST or one of Lucas's brainstorming ideas was to have used him but the new writers and Disney chose to create a new villain instead. But season 8 or such, was to have included a Sith robed Darth Maul so whatever he was doing he remained very much a rival to Sidious and torn in their side.

This concept costume always looked cool:

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    There is two chances that we might get this arc
    Option 1 :This was the arc Matt Lanter was recording lines for
    Option 2 : a new wrap up comic in July, after the Princess Leia mini series has ended

4. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    What happens to him at the end of the "Son of Dothomir" graphic novel? If he lives and it is open ended then I wouldn't be superised if he shows up in Rebels

5. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    Was hoping they would just end him in the last comic instead of dragging it out. Didn't agree with his revival anyways.

6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

7. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    So now we know for sure that he's fate would be decided in the S8 Mandalore Arc, which would've featured Ahsoka and Bo-Katan (going by Brent Friedman's tweet)
    Do we know anything else about this arc ?

8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I could see Maul killing Bo and wounding Ahsoka, and having Obi-wan and Anakin step in. Has Filoni, Lucas, etc confirmed that the unmade Mandalore arc was to be Maul's final appearance in the show?

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Nothing in the brief tweet suggested that arc was to decide his fate. Final scripts and lock down belonged to Lucas and Filoni, they could order script changes or alter order of which episodes/arcs were to be produced and aired ect.

10. srd5090

srd5090 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2012
    Honestly, until we get a true fate for Maul, I'm just going to let 'Old Wounds' be my head-canon ending for Maul. After being trounced by Sidious and most of his resources removed, he lays low. Unable to defeat Palpatine he hunts down the only other person he can hurt, Obi-Wan. To his demise.

11. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Darth Maul already took his revenge from Kenobi by killing duchess Satine,

And that comic book was non-canon even before Legends announcement, the best Fate should be for him to wait until RotJ, and then he can be the sole Sith with the death of Sidious. There is a 30 year gap between Episode VI and Episode VII, they can use Darth Maul between in these years.

Sudooku likes this.
  12. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012

You misunderstand me. I know the Old Wounds has never been canon, old EU or otherwise. And no, having Maul come back after RotJ would be a terrible 'fate'. It is worse than bringing Maul back in the first place. At least Old Wounds has Obi-wan re-beating him and his actual death. No vague allusions to possible returns.

Either way, like I said, head-canon. You don't have to incorporate it into your views, being a Maul fanboy. But until Marvel gives us something to say otherwise that's how I'd like to believe Maul dies.

darskpine10 likes this.
  13. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Your ''head-canon'' sucks and also meaningless... :p

14. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    Hurr durr your opinions are meaningless [face_party]

15. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I don't think it's likely, but I'd love for a Sith to survive after the death of Sidious. Maul would be perfect for that, along with Ventress, both guided by Talzin manifesting via spirit ichor. I want them to rebuild Dathomir, so it can be involved in another post-ROTJ story. Luke and Vader brought balance to the Force, but if Jedi can rebuild after that, so can the darkside.

16. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I would say that it is likely that Sith will always be a permanent fixture of the Star Wars Universe, and that Jedi will continue to struggle between light and dark sides of the force. If any of the Sith teachings can be found, then the legacy of the Sith can continue to live on through others. Also, you have to admit, in the new canon which has established that inquisitors did exist, it is highly likely that they would try to carry on the legacy of the Sith. You could make the distinction that they are not true Sith though, and are as such imitations.

17. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I agree, in order to have balance - both need to exist, or neither. I think the Inquisitors are basically lumped into darkside adepts, similar to Savage, Ventress, etc. I wonder if any Inquisitors will survive after Rebels though, and into the OT / ST era.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  18. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I look at it that way as well, but with a power vacuum to fill I could see the right person jumping at the chance. I am hoping that they kind of speak to the inquisitorious organization itself, because as it stands right now the Inquisitor in Rebels just appears to be another agent within the ISB but tasked by Vader....

19. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    As far as I read the comic, Dooku at first freed Grievous with his comlink-device from the cell in his own command-ship. Then Dooku was brought by Maul to Dathomir. From there Dooku's signal was located by Grievous with his comlink and when Grievous met Sidious he informed him about Dooku's whereabouts thus leading his grand-master on that trail directly to Maul and Talzin. That was Sidious' and Dooku's plan B to face Maul and Talzin after the desaster at Ord Mantell.

Yes, Maul already cared about the Grand Plan of the Sith before his fall of Naboo, when he was alerted after he found out that his master was betrayed by Nute Gunray after his stooge Hath Monchar disappeared at Coruscant with precious informations about the Sith.

And afterwards it seems that Maul planned to turn the Sith into a kind of Dathomirian witch-circle, as Sidious would have put it, after monitoring Maul taking Savage his apprentice and Mother Talzin as a guidance. (No place for treacherous Ventress there ;) )

Another version of the Sith-tale. ;) Let's see. George Lucas told us not to watch Episode VII because Disney didn't consider any of his proposals. But maybe they included Maul even without Lucas' recommendation. :)

Actually I think Maul despises Ventress because of her treachery on Savage. And she didn't care anyway about Jedi or Sith neither. She wanted Obi-Wan to get her into some hiding far faraway after the lost battle of Boz Pity. (Have to read the comic yet, it is already ordered) I think she is fed up with the whole Jedi-Sith-Thing. Let's see what Christie Golden will give us this summer.

The only thing, Maul could spellbound her are some terminated termination-jobs for the Black Sun or something like this. Or getting even a job at the remaining loyal Death Watch to earn her living. And Ventress has still to apologize to Maul calling him "half-a-man" at the turtle-tanker at Raydonia. Except the usual mockery she's making about almost everyone I have no idea how Ventress do think or feel about Maul.

20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Judging by the rumours, Inquisitors will be in ST

21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I'd hate it. In ROTJ, the Sith threat was ended. I'd hate for us to discover there was still a Sith out there when Luke worked so hard to defeat them.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, the Prophecy has never been fully explained to the audience - even Mortis is very vague and RoTS offers doubt.

Marco1907 likes this.
  23. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Did Luke defeat them though? Vader killed the Emperor and allowed himself to become one with the Force. Luke helped turn
    Vader in order to bring balance. I feel the threat of the Sith is ever present in the SW universe. One story ends and another begins, whether days later or decades...

Marco1907 likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    This is what I call disrupting the ending of the film. In ROTJ, there was all indication that Vader and the Emperor are the only Sith and when they are destroyed the Sith are over. Luke very much accomplished this, even though he had help by Anakin Skywalker that doesn't diminish his great deeds in the finale.

But introduce other Sith waiting in the shadows would.

Maul is a great character, but having him around during the ST would be almost comical. I would prefer it to some of the alternatives (Plagueis, reborn Sidious, etc.), but it would be better for the total story if they invented a new character, possible a former inquisitor, who now takes the mantle of Sith Lord.

There is a place for Maul and it is not in the sequels.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I say Maul has to be out of the game of being a with by ROTJ either by death or other means.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.