main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul's Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Ehh, unless Kylo Ren is a wannabe sith (which if he is, Abrams get your act together), then it could be possible for some Sith to survive. I doubt Maul would be one though.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    "Wannabe". People always say this, but all this new villain has to do is to be a real SOB who kills protagonists. If he is menacing and powerful enough, nobody will care whether he was officially trained a Sith or whatnot. The one who is powerful enough to hold the Darth title is a real Darth, end of story. If you question whether he/she deserves it, well, he will just murder you!

3. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I don't know what the plan is with Maul but I know that him and Kenobi have serious unfinished business and that it just feels right that Obi-Wan finish the job he started on Naboo.

4. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Obi-Wan needs another cheap-shot, because Obi-Wan doesn't have the power to defeat TCW Darth Maul, since Maul even become more powerful in TCW. And cheap-shot isn't going to happen again or it shouldn't be since Darth Maul isn't that stupid to make the same mistake twice.

Either way, I don't see Obi-Wan beating Darth Maul in a fair fight.

5. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Obi-Wan defeated Maul and Savage single handed. Also Obi-Wan is a genius warrior and THE master of Form 3. I think it would be a good fight but I think Obi-Wan would win a fair duel in the end.

6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm not sure, Obi's performance is inconsistent. He was pretty useless in the entirety of the Zygerria-arc, for instance, constantly getting beaten by his opponents.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, Obi-wan got his arse handed to him during TCW.

8. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    1- Obi-Wan never defeated Darth Maul,
    After he cut Savage's left hand, Darth Maul blasted him with the force.

2- He only defeated Savage Opress via using Savage's injured left leg because of Adi Gallia's previous hit,

If not, Obi-Wan was no match for both Darth Maul and Savage.

My point still stands, Obi-Wan can't beat TCW Darth Maul in a fair fight.

Sudooku likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Obi-Wan defeated him in TPM. It was a humiliating defeat, but a defeat nonetheless because Maul let his guard down.

I'd say their chances of victory are 50/50 in another duel.

Of course Obi wears plot-armor and we've already seen them duel enough by now, so I am not a fan of another sword duel between them.

10. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Completely PIS, especially since Maul held them easily while they were attacking him 2 v 1, and killed Qui-Gon Jinn later disarmed Obi-Wan while Obi-Wan was amped by force rage, and then Maul get killed by his own over-confidence.

Same reason why Emperor gets himself killed by one-hand Vader, Sith has one weakness which is overconfidence.

11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Wait, is it PIS or overconfidence? Overconfidence is a normal character flaw that can be exploited by enemies, PIS isn't.

You know, I do hold Maul in high regard, he's my second best liked Sith in the new canon, but Obi-Wan isn't a foe that one should underestimate. He has a pretty good track-record against Sith, even if both Sith he defeated were rather young and inexperienced.

True, he wasn't as powerful and smart as he thought he was.

Marco1907 likes this.
  12. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Maul and Obi-wan are both very skilled, another duel will be hard fought on both sides. I don't know if Maul will go after Obi though, he wants revenge on Sidious above all. Perhaps if Maul kills Bo Katan, Ahsoka, etc we might see the Jedi hunt him down...

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We now he does not kill ashoka but the others are still available

Sudooku likes this.
  14. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I mean they have never gone one on one since the Phantom Menace without one of them running away or other people stepping in so in my mind the debate is still open but I think Obi-Wan could beat Maul in a proper duel.

15. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    A combination of both I think. :) PIS was Darth Maul forgets Qui-Gon's lightsaber and over-confidence was toying with disarmed Kenobi.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul defeated Kenobi on Naboo but failed to kill him, he just was studying and toying with his defeated foe. Lucas said so is the end result. As only Lucas could explain that Force leap and why Maul did not cut him to pieces and the scene was reused in ROTS but instead its Anakin jumping up to meet Kenobi who has the high ground and Kenobi did what Maul shouldve done to him. Opress singlehanded defeated Kenobi in Brothers. And Savage also plowed through both Anakin and Kenobi on two separate occasions. Certainly no easy task on any account. Maul took on both Jinn and Kenobi and defeated both of them, Jinn was killed and who was regarded as one of the best Jedi and a probably their best swordsman next to Yoda and Windu and he was the chosen champion by the Force Priestess(es). Maul and Savage were toying Kenobi in those episodes as Maul did not want to kill Kenobi just maim and humiliate him, make him suffer as Maul had physically and mentally suffered for the dozen or so years. By SOD he ignores Kenobi as he no longer considered him much a rival or threat as he succeeded in dominating him by breaking him so his revenge was satisfied up to that point back in Lawless. So instead Maul turned to face Secura and Windu but the base was overrun by Republic troops and the duel had to be cut short but Maul had the upper hand in the sword fight where he was more than a match for either of the two Jedi Masters he was up against.

Regardless of what one can say, or what the writers write from this point forward, Maul and Opress were among the very few beings in the SW galaxy that could hold their own in a duel against Sidious who is supposed to the supreme badass evil being cause he's the most experienced and powerful as he's the curent Sith Master - with his only counterpart being Yoda as these two had to have their pitched battle in ROTS . The writers wanted to have had Maul evolve in each arc into a more powerful being to get to where he was in TPM and beyond as showed him to be just as cunning as Sidious and a successful military commander in SOD and was able to destroy one droid army and later captured Grievous armada and flagship. I think only Maul or a fully trained Jedi Knight Master Luke are two living beings that actually could destroy Sidious in a duel.

Maul incidentally remains the only character that took on the true Sith army(Clones and Droids) for what they were, the army of Darth Sidious and in an ironic way, possibly the only character that openly foguht against the Sith, that stood against Sidious's grand design plan to where Sidious himself had to take a physical and direct action but he himself was not able to kill his old apprentice and in Sidious's overconfidence of not killing him created a powerful rival that is out to destroy him and everything he represents. Maul is the one leading the crusade against the Sith, while the Jedi were actually serving the Sith and many falling into Sidious's service. The Jedi Knights that were under Sidious' control and unwitting participants to his evil designs and regime, Grievous, Magna Guards and Darth Tyranus, none where able to stop Maul. Maul surviving all these trials is testament to the will of the Force, which is apparently choosing him and the inability of the major characters to put him down as Maul's cunning and warrior skill is too great and not easily matched. All of this is a matter of him growing and evolving into something more powerful - that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Marco1907 likes this.
  17. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    I've already mentioned it a couple of times, but Obi-Wan has proven to be the better dueler in TCW. I would definitely enjoy seeing them match up against each other again, whatever the outcome.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I never understand why Yoda and Sidious are regarded as the best duelists. Their statistics are less than impressive and their fighting styles full of openings, all flash no substance.

I would rank Mace Windu and Obi-Wan over Yoda and Dooku and Vader over Sidious.

19. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    How is that exactly ? He lost the first round, and admit his defeat. And then he failed to save Adi Gallia, he only defeated Savage Opress via using Savage's injured leg because of his previous Adi Gallia duel, he never bested Maul in TCW. Darth Maul defeated Savage Opress with ease, fought against Mace Windu & Aayla Secura at the same time in Son of Dathomir, and before that his duel against Darth Sidious, speedblitzed Magnaguards in Son of Dathomir, nah, Kenobi isn't better than Maul in sabers as well.

20. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    He lost the first round after being tortured. Of course he would admit defeat in that situation (even then Maul only got the upper hand after employing Dun Moch). He failed to save Adi, because he was fighting Maul (they are fairly even). When he took them both on thought, he bested them. The proof of this fact is that after they ran away; Maul and Savage were so exhausted they went into hibernation and had to be hospitalized by Pre-Vizla. Defeating Savage is impressive, but not something that would place him over Kenobi. He fought Windu for exactly one panel (impossible to tell if they're matched or not). Darth Sidious held both him and Savage in place with the force and could have killed them both right there if he didn't want to to play with them. Again, his feat against Magnaguards is impressive, but not necessarily something that would place him above Kenobi (given how inconsistent they are).

21. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    He didn't die tho

22. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Let's say, it was a temporary ''mental'' death...

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Even if Maul was cornered by treacherous Death Watch/ Nite Owls, he'd cut through them like butter.

[​IMG]

24. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Can we take this Leakage for granted?

That Maul is siding with Sidious again as his assassin? For now, where the Inquisitor is dead, he needs to replace him, right? But I can't believe it yet.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No that does not even look like Ashoka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.