main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul's Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Maul is operating in the shadows - that's just the way he is.

Erkan12, Saga Explorer and Vorax like this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    ^ "To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

That is Maul. Would be cool to find Maul as a diabolic cult leader and warlord that is worshipped by a crazed army of ruthlesss fanatic soldiers. Death Watch really does fit that bill, and in that same Colonel Kurtz fashion, have a collection of Inquisitor heads impaled on stakes as he personally eliminated all these hunters that were sent out over the years in search of him.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but you know Maul does the Force Unleashed style repulse that Savage also used earlier on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Like Ventress was worshipped as a goddess of war and death on the planet Mauk, when I can trust the Dino-comic "Obsessed" (no. 50). But Sidious could find him everywhere, unless the Empire is to weak to control every single planet.

Uhh, I didn't notice that while reading the comic. There is so much lost for me while reading this densely stuffed comic. Thats why animation is desperately missed. And even some animated TCW-episodes I have to watch twice or thrice and I discover something new.

Guess I have to read it over and over again to catch every precious peculiar detail. Just like those movies "Mulholland drive" or "Chinatown".

4. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Something else also, he rammed Grievous in similar fashion that Savage used when he rammed Adia Gallia:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    So Maul honours Savage's death by using his most fatal moves

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Poor Savage what ever happens to his thread.

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The SOD comics are worth a second or third glance, if only to catch details like that. Its one of the few comic series where I was actively seeking more content. Perhaps we'll get more concept art if a second CW art book is released.

darskpine10 likes this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Lego was funny and interesting as they showed Maul's Mandalore under going change to a Sith regime quite a bit more than the actual toon.:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    God, I love the Battle of Christopsis theme.

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I'm impressed, they even included the Dark Side symbol from Mortis.

darskpine10 and cwustudent like this.
  11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would like to know the fate of Mauls single blade, and Savages double blades lightsaber. Though I have not read the comic, I know Maul only uses the dark saber. Could Palpatine have taken the blades? Maybe they fell into the hands of other users. Also, did Maul still have possession of the dark saber by the end of the comic?

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Death Watch recovered the Darksaber from the palace grounds, and Almec had Death Watch hand Maul the Darksaber upon his escape and return to power in SOD #1. Does not seem likely Sidious stuck around on Mandalore after he apprehended Maul and he was apparently followed by Rook Kast and Gar Saxon to Stygeon

13. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Maul has possession of the darksaber throughout SOD #4, but in the frames where he is behind Talzin and later when he is escaping, it is not shown in his hand or on his belt. We can assume he has it, because they never show him being disarmed. However, its possible it was destroyed because at one point, Talzin creates a magicksaber for him, but that was cut when the comic was written. Since the magicksaber was never shown other than on the comic cover, its likely that the next time we see Maul, he'll still be sporting the darksaber.

darskpine10 likes this.
  14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I also think we will see Maul next time with the Darksaber again in the Mandalore-arc - or we'll read only about it. Thank you so much, Vorax, for that two Lego-Movies. It was always my dream to have a 20minutes-Lego-episode about Maul's Mandalore, containing also Savage, Ventress and other characters. BTW: I missed deeply Savage in these two Lego-spots.

What I'm sometimes thinking about: What did Maul tell his Mandalorians, who abducted him after they had rescued him from Dooku and Sidious on Dathomir? Did he tell them who killed Savage, their second commander? Did he tell them finally about the double identity of Palpatine/Sidious? Rook Kast and the other Mandaloren (not Gar Saxon) must have seen him on Dathomir. Or did Maul think this is so top secret and blamed it all on Dooku and Grievous? Or was he not afraid to tell them, drawing by that the anger of Sidious on him once more? Thus leading us directly to the Mandalore-arc?

Saga Explorer, Iron_lord and Vorax like this.
  15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Would've liked to have seen Basilisk war droids being used in defense of Maul's Mandalore. It was cool in TFU for PS2 when used by Chop'aa Notimo.

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So one has to wonder where Maul's original saber, and that of his brother are, because they should have been left in the same area of the duel against Palpatine where the darksaber was last used.

17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They're likely kept in a secured locker or mausoleum on Sundari along Savage's body which is presumably still on Mandalore. Some Death Watch soldiers in SOD were sporting honorary Savage Opress markings. Maul did not not go back to Mandalore in SOD.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Although he goes back to Mandalore at some point

[​IMG]

19. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Part of me wants Maul to remain in hiding until after ROTJ, with Sidious' death bringing him out of the shadows. Also, killing him in a definitive way will be a challenge; he's already survived being cut in half!

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think nothing short of decapitation will work.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  21. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    Vader will take him out in Rebels. That's my guess.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So anti climatic I say no.

23. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    The prospect of a canon Vader/Maul battle is very exciting, but the problem is that it can only go one way.

I'd love see him survive years in the underworld, perhaps to return in his later years to menace the new generation of Jedi. An aged Maul could look super cool!

Sudooku and Mother_Talzin like this.
  24. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I agree, that duel would likely be limited to one unfortunate ending, though it would be nothing short of spectacular. I'd prefer to see him survive the reign of Sidious and Vader and make a play for power.

25. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Even when Maul really turn up again as Sidious' henchman, Sidious will do anything to avoid a meeting of his apprentices. He's not interested in such a duel in that case, and neither is Maul - might he be a stooge of Sidious or not. About Vader's views on such duel I won't speculate here. But his opinion doesn't count anyway if his master won't allow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.