main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul's Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Not unless Maul experiences a significant upgrade between now and then. Otherwise, he's nothing but fodder.

Trebor Sabreon and Vialco like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He is not in the OT yet but I could still se it.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

You have to admit that he would proboly be the biggest challenge since win due and Yoda that he faced.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Since Maul wasn't killed off in SOD, then the powers that be is probably saving him for either one of the standalone films(Obi Wan maybe), or he pops up in Rebels to make havoc and have to be killed off. Before SOD I had been thinking that Palps was going to use him to train or head the Inquisitors, but now i'm hoping for a Vader versus Maul battle to the death, where Maul finally dies for real.

Vespasian likes this.
  5. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think the longer Maul survives into the OT era, the greater the chance he will become a significant threat to the Emperor. Sidious brushed him off at the end of SoD, because he knew Talzin was the greatest threat of any Nightbrother or Nightsister. If Maul has years to study and train, he could be mastering the darkside and the magicks of Dathomir. He could prove to be the rival that breaks the hold Sidious has on the darkside.

The Shadow Emperor and Marco1907 like this.
  6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    If so, he would be the only male to learn the nightsister magicks, if there is anyone left that knows enough to teach him. Maul may become a bigger threat to Sidious but since we know that Sidious doesn't die until ROTJ, I doubt he becomes enough of a threat again for Palps to fight him in a duel.

7. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Well Talzin taught Sidious the Nightsister magicks - so perhaps her "ghost" will help guide him. At this point, we don't know what they are doing with Maul - he might be in more CW era content, Rebels, OT era, or post-ROTJ.

8. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Talzin training a Sith lord in nightsister magic makes sense since if she refused she would probably be killed, but I can see her not standing by her female dominated bias after her culture being laid to waste and teaching Maul if her spirit can still pop up.Since the CW era is pretty much over and done with, i'd bet that Maul would pop up in Rebels or Post ROTJ era if he isn't dead. I can't see Maul in the OT era unless they decide to make a show in that era.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

How old was maul by the time of SOD anyway.

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I have no idea.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

If I were to guess he would be in his 30s to 40s.

If he is 30 then he is around 55 by the time ROTJ takes place.

12. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I tend to agree with that.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

and lets say he somehow could appear in episode 7 then he would be 85 so ya no for me.

14. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

He could be in the nursing home they send Han to.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He will be like back in my day people feared me.

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The more I watch Witwer's version of a megalomaniac and sadistic Maul the more I get the impression he was going more a Frank Langella's Skeletor from MOTU movie.

Hopeless likes this.
  17. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Must read "Son of Dathomir" graphic novel based on unfiinshed Clone War TV show arc to see what happens to Maul after Sideous defeated him...AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHLL

[​IMG]

18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    We already got Maul vs Sidious in something called the Lawless. Aka the best Clone Wars episode ever. Even with Savage's help, Maul was no match for Darth Sidious.

19. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    We did, and it was indeed great, but Maul could have significantly advanced since we saw him last in SoD. He could have inherited untold power and knowledge from Talzin. The brief 1v1 match between Talzin and Sidious was equal - so if she taught / gave Maul that power, a future duel between Maul and Sidious could be far more interesting.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Wasn't that much on the DVD bonus with images. I saved these for the heck of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Unless Maul doesn't manage it to abduct Dooku again for a while to show him the secret of force-lightning, I don't see any chance for another valuable duel Sidious vs. Maul. And I guess Maul is smart enough to stay away from Sidious for a while to regain new knowledge and new power. And as long as he stays calm, Sidious won't hunt him down any further.

Marco1907 likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    They could always just say Zabraks age slower - not saying that I do or don't want him in Episode VII but I really don't think age is an issue there.

Marco1907 likes this.
  23. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Not to mention we have an example, someone like Count Dooku ; he was 83 years old in RotS.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That was the Christopher Lee factor. That guy is awesome.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Point taken.

Darkslayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.