main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul's Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't Palps lose the battle against Mace on purpose though ?

2. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    DarthTalgus

I highly doubt that. :) Since he also got deflected force lightning wounds.

3. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    1. Palps just happens to lose, just before Anakin enters
    2. After he has been zapped he's giving Anakin quick looks to see his reaction
    3. He's obviously faking ''Ahh i'm too weak don't kill me''
    If he didn't let Mace win that's a very convenient moment for him to lose

4. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    What are we arguing here ? It's Darth Maul's fate topic and we are arguing Sidious vs. Mace :rolleyes: Anyways, imo Sidious wouldn't take any risks there for just gaining an apprentice, or he doesn't need to play the innocent after killing 3 Jedi Master and then he just casually shoot Mace with the force lightning right after Mace disarmed, so it is clear to me that Mace won that duel, lets just agree to disagree here.

5. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah let's drop that
    So on to the burning question, what happened to Maul.
    My Theory : Maul became the owner of a company selling Jogan Fruit on Lothal (That's why we never see him on screen), that is also why the imperials love his Jogans so much, because they are juicy with dark side energies :D

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If you like every depiction of the character, even the screeching maniac of Dark Empire, good for you. You know what, since you can't seem to be asked to formulate a serious response and just troll me, I'll put you on ignore.

Not in canon, no. It's just a theory that's popular in fan circles. Personally I doubt that Palpatine would put himself at risk of death for anyone. There are other things that point toward a honest defeat but I won't get into it atm.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would imagine that the Friedrich Schiller moral quote in the opening of "Brothers" could be a clue:

"A fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished."

It is possible Maul and Kenobi reconcile their differences in a post ROTS setting. Lucas normally goes down the redemption path. Vader, Ventress, Starkiller all pretty much follow it. even Boba Fett appeared to have moved past his revenge on Windu.

Almec said this back in Season 2:

If you exchange Republic for Empire .

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am pretty sure that Sidious was defeated by Mace and would have died without Anakins intervention.

Erkan12 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  9. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Can we just say Darth Sidious mutilated him and turned him into a helpless assassin forced against his will to serve the new Emperor. He eventually will be disposed of by Darth Vader when he becomes useless.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Maul would never ever serve Palpatine again. Having him do that would be akin to slaughtering his whole character arc. Do not want.

TheSilentInfluence and Marco1907 like this.
  11. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Did you read Son of Dathomir ?

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That does not happen we know what happens.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like he's trolling , in any case he just described cyborg Vader and Luke.

TheSilentInfluence and Marco1907 like this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Me neither. I want Maul to do his own thing and serve no one.

Marco1907 likes this.
  15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Darth Maul really needs to be killed off and the canon needs to move on. The TCW ended, I'm not sure he really should have been brought back now. Hopefully Dooku sticks to him in any future version of the comics.

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, he did serve Talzin in SOD, so I wouldn't rule it out that he finds someone else to serve. Just not Palpatine or the Empire, please.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Why would they do that ? Alive Darth Maul means more comic book, more novel, more animation or even a spin-off movie. Killing him would be the most stupid thing to do for Disney's part.

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul is very popular at Star Wars weekends in Florida and a part of the main act for Jedi Academy.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    If he is killed, it is probably reserved for the silver screen and won't happen in his first spinoff either.

20. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    That would actually be pretty awesome if Obi-Wan managed to talk down Maul, just like how Korra talked to Kuvira in LoK.
    Didn't Sam Witwer say something about Maul surving TCW ? or did he just mean SoD ?

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    SOD, it sounded like to me(guess you can jugde for yourself as well) Witwer at first flat out said Maul lived past SOD because he read/has the scripts during the twitter exchange following the Chee comment - tweets were about about the non-canon what if style Resurrection Dark Horse comic from back in 2000/01 were the Maul was eventually killed by Vader stabbing through himself to kill Clone Maul that had him deadlocked. Later on during a podcast he seemed like he playing dumb or was was legitimately unsure or a bit of both, about the ending of SOD on whether nor not. But who knows for sure I suppose

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/darth-maul-son-of-dathomir.50017559/page-27#post-51745877

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/darth-maul-son-of-dathomir.50017559/page-37#post-51827842

According to Matt Michnovetz head writer of Season 6 SOD was less about evil vs evil and more about someone we respected vs some bad characters and their schemes for domination. Pablo said the story was have explain why this all happened with Talzin being Maul back but not so much as where Maul goes from here. Lucasfilm pushed for SOD's story to be released as Lucas was personally involved and he said no to Filoni about killing the character again as he didnt go to all that trouble to bring him back to kill him again. So Filoni ended up having to kill of Opress.

Filoni back in Jan 10th 2014 wrote

https://www.facebook.com/DaveFiloni/posts/10152103755565053

Lucasfilm was keen on having this story released in comic cause of Lucas and Maul is a character of action like what Jennifer Heddle mentions.

Go back to his earlier commenting on Maul and Savage:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02...l-arc-and-the-casualties-along-the-way?page=2

http://www.starwars.com/news/interview-dave-filoni-on-star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-five-part-2

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    We've already had Ventress go underground, so what, Maul gets the same treatment? That seems rather beneath him.

23. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Or he would become a rival sith organization to Sidious and Vader, which is needed also, not only good guys (rebels)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You know what would be cool? Maul working with Prince Xizor. They would be a worthy opponent indeed.

Maybe Vizago is Black Sun as weil.

Marco1907 likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Wonder how that would go down sorry for almost completely destroying black sun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.