main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Darth Mouser

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mayla, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Mostly for kicks, here's an updated rendition of "Darth Mouser" I made for my mother earlier this week. :p
    It's one of the images I have up on my DeviantArt account, but I don't have any other Star Wars stuff up there and I dislike linking folks to sites with banner ads (I've encountered some malicious ones on DA in the past), so I'm just going to link to the picture directly. It's rather large to post the image itself.

Here he is.
    This is the first ever real fancharacter I made. His name is Darth Mouser and I created him when I was, oh, six years old I think.

The Darth Mouser story arc involved Darth Vader having a pet mouse named Squeak (all pet mice in my stories had the same name, despite being different mice and--on occasion--even different genders), which he had had since back when he was still Anakin Skywalker. Squeak contracted the same "disease" he had (I blame my father for telling me weird stuff about Vader--disease my foot), and had to be put in a tiny suit. So logically (6-year-old logic, mind you) Vader named him Darth Mouser, and trained him to use the Dark Side. Not technically breaking the Rule of Two since he was a pet not an apprentice. Darth Mouser was semi-anthropomorphic; he couldn't talk or anything like that, but he was smarter than real-life mice and he could wield a lightsaber like it was nobody's business.

Of course, that lightsaber was about the length and width of a toothpick, but still.

So while Darth Vader went around terrorizing the staff on the Death Star, interrogating prisoners, or hunting down stray Jedi, it was Darth Mouser's job to keep the Death Star free of other mice. Jedi mice, of course, because everybody always had pet mice in my fanfics. It was weird. In this case the mice had been the pets of the Jedi Darth Vader had killed, which meant that Luke notwithstanding, the traditions of the Jedi Order were being carried on solely by a bunch of mice. Hehe.

For a long time I wouldn't touch Mouser, largely because he's just really, really serty. But with the introduction of newer characters like Darth Plagueis, Darth Malgus, we know that Darth Vader is hardly the only Sith to need a rebreather. Who knows... with a little back story tweaking (and a new name), maybe he'd still work. :p

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Very, very cute.

*carefully slaps husband who comments that this sithly mouse still has its arms and legs*

It is cute as it is.

*will have a battle with DarthUncle now who is supposed to watch the "District 9" DVD from the local libary*

Anyway, this is a cute piece of art. Well done!

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Greetings Mayla and welcome to Fan Art! :)

Darth Mouser is very cute :) I love how you have created this deep back story for your character... there's something about him that makes me think of Master Splinter. I also love how you had rendered him and his fur too.

I can't wait to see more of your works :)

4. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you both!
    LOL, you know, I was a huge Ninja Turtles fan when I was little... there may be a connection of some sort there.

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Ah, that makes sense!

[:D]