main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Nihilus Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by fingthething, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I am new to this part of the boards but I am looking to get some feed back and suggestions to my newest costume - Darth Nihilus. Has anyone made this costume before? If so were there any problems or issues?

If you don't know who Darth Nihilus is, he is a Sith Lord in the newest StarWars vidoe game StarWars Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Heres a picture.

Well I just started the mask today and I think its turning out alright so far. Tomorrow I am bending it with a heat gun and painting :)

Heres a couple of production shots:

One

two

three

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Looks like the helmet in the reference pic is curved. How are you planning on making the plastic have an even curve like that? And what sorts of paints will you be using? I don't think many will stick on the plastic that well.

3. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I was thinking of starting with a cheesy Jason Vorhees mask from party city. Its flexible and easy to work with. As for the costume...no clue. Looks Maul-like.

~DG~

4. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I have used a heat gun to curve it. I just painted it and I will have a couple more picks up in a day or two.

As far as painting, I tested the spray paint I am using on the mask and it worked well. It is drying in the garage right now :)

It does kind of look Maul-like, and thats one of the reasons I like it! I already have a great Darth Maul costume, but I don't like painting my face ;)

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Does anyone have any reference pics of this character? I am considering making this costume as well and the more pics I can print out and view the better.

Also anyone with this costume finished, please direct me to pics of your costumes, I would love to see them.

6. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Hello folks, we have a KotOR thread here that is a few pages long, and may already have information on Darth Nihilus. Please move the discussion to that thread, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.