main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Darth Obi-Wan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ARC Trooper Fives lover, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ARC Trooper Fives lover

ARC Trooper Fives lover Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2015
    Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think woud happen if the sith found Obi-Wan instead of the Jedi? :p I'm not sure what made me think of that, but now I'm really wondering what the general consensus is.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think he'd probably die quite young as he's not really inclined to irrational rage and anger nor does he like to fight much. He mainly protects/defends.

3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I can't really picture him being a darksider. Just would feel out of character, plus he might lose that dry sarcasm he has that I always love. Though it might be replaced by a more twisted sense of humor which could be funny in a dark kind of way.

4. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    Think about, for example, in tpm when he is facing maul. He drew strength from the fact that his master had been killed. Couldn't that be nurtured into a constant desire for revenge, whether revenge for a real wrong or imagined one? Just a thought.

Your friend,
    Fives lover

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think Obi-Wan is too smart for that. They'd end up using him as bait to get others to come to the dark side and then kill him to enrage somebody else.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    I hadn't even considered that...

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I believe every individual has a breaking point. However a few are willing to die before losing who they are. I believe Obi is one of such in SW.

8. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I can't see Ewan as a Sith, or Alec for that matter

but I can totally see TCW Obi-wan being one, that "dry wit" being one of the reasons actually.

9. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    The Jedi and Sith both operate on the premise that they embed the values that are "important" before the subject becomes someone of their own. So would Kenobi be a man of integrity if abducted before he had any values at all? I think not.

A thought to ponder.

Your friend,
    Fives lover

only one kenobi likes this.
  10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Values begin quite early as does identity.

11. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    You have a point.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  12. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Mod note: "What if" type threads aren't generally encouraged here, but if we can keep it in the realm of character analysis of Obiwan based on saga film content I'll let it carry on for a bit.

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn likes this.
  13. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    I think he'd eventually leave the Sith.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's not in his character.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  15. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    If he'd been found as a child then it's definitely possible for him to be a Sith (nature vs nurture and all that jazz.) But he's probably just too naturally restrained and stoic to be one of the really scary ones, all that 'using of emotions' doesn't really seem a very Obi-Wan thing to do whoever found him.

But turning him from a Jedi to a Sith? That's just not going to happen. Dooku did suggest making the attempt (as a plan B) but Sidious basically just said 'Yeah? No.' And if Darth mudder-funky Sidious doesn't think he can get you to turn, you aren't the kind to turn. (Admittedly this was at least partly him slapping down Dooku's ambition but still...)

16. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    I think that Maul would be terrifying had he actually had any scary things to do. He didn't, because TPM stinks, but wouldn't "Darth Kenobi" be similar? It's that cold, detached efficiency that would be so effective in his senerio.

17. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    I think Obi-Wan was capable of succumbing to evil. All of them were. He didn't take Qui-Gon's death very well. In fact, he lost his temper during the final stage of that duel with Maul and nearly lost his life. And he's done some things in the saga that made me think twice about him. So yeah . . . I believe Obi-Wan could have become a Sith. Just about anyone is capable of evil.

18. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Well - perhaps Obi-Wan Kenobi might even 'settle down' with the Duchess of Mandalore? Given they were somewhat more than friends and almost bordering on 'Significant Others' and how Anakin playfully called the Duchess of Mandalore 'Obi-Wan's Girlfriend' - given to the point at one time Obi-Wan Kenobi remarked 'ANAKIN! SHE'S NOT MY GIRL!' and yet the Duchess of Mandalore later declared her love for Obi-Wan Kenobi even in Death ... and given Sith - well Sith are not as restricted in Love and Relationships compared to the Jedi (although the Sith no doubt are far more selfish and violent and cruel and far from compassionate) and well ... Obi-Wan Kenobi might have been a 'sympathetic Sith Lord' - perhaps not too unlike Count Dooku if you think about it but perhaps not as arrogant or cruel ... but who knows? Given Obi-Wan Kenobi had to wrest emotional control when Qui-Gon Jinn was killed by Darth Maul ... and yet later Obi-Wan Kenobi would be a more seasoned Jedi Master and well - the voice of reason and calm for Anakin ...

Then again if we're talking a younger - so TPM Padawan or Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi - yup he'd probably be more in tuned and similar to Dark Jedi whom were once Jedi or later turned Sith but if its the older Obi-Wan - up to ROTS ... probably a more 'sympathetic Sith Lord'... - and for sure certainly not as cruel as Palpatine - I mean did Obi-Wan Kenobi murder his parents at 17 years old? Did Obi-Wan Kenobi murder Qui-Gon Jinn by making him punch drunk and blasting him with who-knows-how-many-volts and charged amps of Sith Lightning? Did Obi-Wan Kenobi engineer and blackmail and orchestrate long term goals of the Sith Grand Scheme? Did Obi-Wan Kenobi ever never 'give a Force' about anyone but himself like Palpatine?

19. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012

Exactly. Isn't that the point with Luke in ROTJ? It isn't enough to be 'on the right side'. 'Doing' Jedi is about being aware of your own fallibility, and being careful about and sure of your own motivations in the moment.

20. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Seeing as how Obi-Wan grew up in the Order from infancy like most Jedi. He would have become a Sith like Darth Maul.

21. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014

Free Radicals's canceled Battlefront 3 was going to feature "Dark Obi-Wan".

22. Xamicom

Xamicom Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2015
    I can't really imagine Obi-Wan ever being a Sith because he was raised by the Order. But I think that he could have been a Sith if he was raised under different circumstances he could have been. If he was born on a Outer-Rim world and the Sith found him there I think he could've been a Sith for a while, but I think that he would have turned turned to the Light Side eventually.

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I doubt the Sith would have much interest in Obi Wan TBH. I remember it stated in an EU book that Obi Wan didn't show the most potential as a force sensitive youngster. He was going to go into the Jedi agriculture or horticulture or something....

Plus, I think even as an impressionable youth without the training of the Jedi, Obi Wan just doesn't have it in him to be a darkside user. He's the symbol of all that is good in the galaxy, and it's not just because he's a KA Jedi Master, but because he genuinely does what is right.

24. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I don't think his age should matter.

I honestly don't agree with this assessment of Obi-Wan. The movies have proven that he is capable of some very questionable acts. And he's capable of anger. No one is that perfect. I'm sorry, but I don't think he is.

25. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Sith Obi Wan would give Palpatine a run for his money. It's very possible he would fall, his skills as negotiator and his whole "truth" speech show that he can very easily switch and adapt to new and different perspectives. And he can be ruthless, judging by what he did to Anakin.

He'd still be charming as hell though. He seems like the kind of sith who will take everything from you and you would still end up thanking him for it.