main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Plagueis is Snoke? (Episode VIII & IX)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DANNASUK, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    This was a page ago, you might have missed it. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...pisode-viii-ix.50035586/page-38#post-53581488

If you look at the entire convo, Pablo really goes into some lengths to confirm that Snoke and Plagueis are not the same nor is Snoke someone who was once Plagueis who evolved as Anakin did to Vader.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Plant/status/733311963023937536

Dra--- likes this.
  2. X Wing

X Wing Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2016

Thanks TheBBP, I missed that.

Would I take anything he says as truth....nah...Remember JJ lied about Star Trek 2.

I do like this quote:

The Darth Plagueis theory would make for a more compelling story. Who knows, scripts change all the time....just like the script re-writes to expand the Episode 7 characters and reduce some of the Episode 8 characters.

Then we can get into word play such as, when Plagueis died he ceased to be Plagueis and became Snoke....in essence two Characters...or how about Snoke is the re-incarnation of Plagueis.....I do believe there will be a re-incarnation theme in episode 8....whether Sidous comes back as Snoke, or Plagueis comes back as Snoke, etc.....Plagueis could “cheat death” and “create life.

We can read more into Hidalgo's comments or just take them for face value...or from a certain point of view

Mr Hidalgo's comments brings the hype for Episode 8 down somewhat (for me that is) because he is giving away a Key characters background by flat out saying he is not Plagueis....I don't fully trust his tweet.

....That being the case....it would truly be a missed opportunity.

3. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    He didn't give away anything. Debunking speculation is not exactly spoiler material.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  4. X Wing

Feb 20, 2016

No, but it spoils the mystery...imagine him coming out and saying Rey is related to no one....

PlagueisWise likes this.
  5. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL, what are you talking about? There is still a huge mystery surrounding Snoke, it's just not the one that you wanted.

6. X Wing

Feb 20, 2016

I would like the DP theory to be true...but I am not expecting it. I pointed out as to why it would be more compelling.

We shall soon see how mysterious Snoke really is when the movie comes out.

PlagueisWise likes this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, so now that Pablo Hidalgo has tweeted out this latest round of replies and clarifications, we're going to go ahead and lock this thread (and the similar thread in the TFA forum). This is technically different now than it was before; it was never a completely shut case with no holes before... but now it appears that it is (as much as it can be via Twitter, anyway). Pablo has now covered both the "IS" and the "WAS" ("was Snoke ever Plagueis") angles. The threads will be reopened if we ever hear anything official that supports the Plagueis theory again.

EviL_eLF, Dra---, TK327 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.