main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Plagueis Theory - Extended

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by davisjaron, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    they may go into further detail about plageuis in the tv shows. lol its funny that you talk about them bringing back jar jar.... in my last story (escape of the jedi -- link in my sig) i had jar jar killed, but i never say the name jar jar so you have to pay attention if you want to catch it.

2. starwarslover

starwarslover Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    jaron,those storys are great!

3. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Wasn't Darth Plagueis supposed to be King Verona of Naboo?
    I thought I heard that somewhere.

4. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    idk... that would be weird though, becuase then that would mean only one thing... ITS ALL NABOO'S FAULT! lol

palpatine got control of the senate becuase he was promoted from senator of naboo... it was padme' who made anakin turn to the dark side (unintentionally of course, lol) and she was former queen and senator of naboo... Naboo is like the good looking evil place.

5. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    That's an interesting theory, but I do believe Darth Plagueis was actually a Sith Lord, and I'm pretty much 99.9% sure Valorum was not a Sith. Interesting connection though.

6. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Well the King of Naboo theory could work. [face_batting]
    But I think a sith betraying his Master means killing him.
    A sith can't take on a new apprentice and train him like Maul until you kill the Master.
    You could do so in secret, but Maul was apparently trained from Birth and Valorum/Plagueis would find out to easily.
    Being in such close proximity to Palpatine on coruscant.

7. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    No it won't work Palpy560. It's just a myth. "King Veruna abdicated the throne and went into hiding after a thirteen year reign surrounded by scandal. He was found dead six months prior to the Battle of Naboo, and though his death was ruled accidental many suspect that he was assassinated. Others, though no less serious, believe King Veruna to be none other than the mysterious Darth Plagueis, Sith master to Darth Sidious.

Captain Magneta, who had been the head of Veruna's security stepped down following Veruna's death and was replaced by Captain Panaka. It was partly because of the mystery surrounding Veruna's death that lead Panaka to create the idea of a decoy for Queen Amidala."

King Veruna and Plagueis can't and are not the same person. They died at different times.

Yes, the Veruna- Plagueis theory is well known, but certain things do not fit at times, Plagueis died about 20 years before TPM, when Sidious took Maul as an apprentice, and when he became senator.

I agree. There's no way Veruna could be Plageuis.

8. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    well... hmm... who could plagueis be then? (I would laught is he seriously did have something to do with naboo, lol)

9. sithlord85

sithlord85 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    The article below in bold was written by PalpatineAntiKristos, he took what I was getting at and wrote a really good essay.

Posted by
    PalpatineAntiKristos

Sidious would probably be the only person, other than himself, on which he would use his powers. So why would Sidious kil him? Let's review what Palpatine/Sidious actually says on this matter. Referring to Plagueis he says, "He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep." It can be safely assumed, even if Palpatine is lying to Anakin, that an apprenctice would only kill his master if either he 1. had learned those powers or 2. Plagueis used those powers on him as one of "the ones he cared for". Once the apprentice was convinced that he had learned the power or that the power had been used on him, he felt safe to kill his master. The power to keep people from dying, which is a mention repeated in ROTS first used in ATOC, seems to be a power to extend natural life to unnatural lengths, rather than a power to prevent others from killing you. Sidious thus was able to kill Plagueis and, later, Vader/Anakin was able to kill Sidious/Palpatine.

Second, assuming he was telling the truth, he claims that Plagueis could create life: "so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life" and that his "mentor taught me everything about the Force." Thus, again assuming some truth, Sidious either could extend life or thought his own life was unnaturally extended by his master and implied that Plagueis, and later by extension he ("taught me everything about the Force"), had the power to create life. Whether he has it or not, he offers the power to "save" (not create) life to Anakin: "Learn to know the dark side of the Force, Anakin, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death" and "Know the power of the dark side. The power to save Padme." He neglects to mention that this power is to extend life, not prevent death. He does not wish to share the power to create life, if he indeed has it, because that would create a potential army of Sith and endless threats to him and destructive conflict (Sidious wishes to "have peace", i.e, stability for himself and his rule).

Up to the point of Sidious' revelation and Anakin's transformation, he maintains that he has this power. As Mace is threatening Palpatine, he continues to claim, "I have the power to save the one you love." Once Anakin commits to being a Sith, Sidious quickly changes his tune ("To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret"). Why does he do this? Because he knows full well that Anakin/Vader has the potential to exceed Sidious' own powers, a fact about which he brags to Yoda, and, if either Sidious or Plagueis created Anakin, it is his destiny; he is pre-destined and designed to be extremely powerful. If he ever teaches Anakin the full extent of his powers, he would destroy his master utterly, as happened when his own master taught him "everything about the force." Once Anakin becomes a Sith, Sidious has to change his tune and lie out of his teeth because he does not want to suffer his master's fate. When Anakin was still a Jedi, his training and the Jedi code would have likely prevented him from killing the Chancellor. He didn't kill Palpatine when he had his sabre ignited and had the chance, although he did, in revenge and upon order of the Chancellor, kill Dooku, who was both a rebel and arm slicer. In addition, Anakin now knows the truth about the true history of the Clone Wars and Palpatine's plots and background; thus, Palpatine has to keep Anakin on a tight leash so he won't betray him to the Senate. How better to do this than to string him along with promises of greater power, without actually revealing that power?

It is against the Emperor's interests to teach Vader what he knows, because it would lead to his own demise, e

10. sithlord85

sithlord85 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Well I think there is a possibility that Plagueis or Palpatine created Anakin. Not just because of George's old concept but that the evidence to suggest that palpatine knew how to create life and to cheat death. If palps or plagueis did create a master apprentice (Anakin Skywalker) I believe they did it to bring the destruction of the jedi and restore peace to the galaxy. But in the end even though created by the sith, Anakin was the the one the jedi have been searching for. The man who would bring balance to the force. Hence throwing palps in ROTJ. In my eyes Anakin was meant to serve both sith and jedi. Thats what makes him so powerful. He is the great equalizer. If he were meant to serve both. He would have the best of both worlds. I think it give more meaning of being the choosen one.

Palpatine: Anakin...If one is to understand the great mystery. One must study all its aspects...Not just the dogmatic narrow view of the jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader you must embrace a larger view of the force.

I find this quote very appealing. In my Sociology course we are taught to look at things from other perspectives and not just from one side. We are taught to look at both sides of the arguement before taking a side.

Now I am not saying that Anakin bought into those words. But I believe that the Sith did create Anakin to destroy the jedi and bring peace to the galaxy. It just ended up that by creating anakin through the force, they did not see that they were fullfilling a jedi prohetcy.

I know the choosen one must be born of a virgin birth, born from the force but stick with me for a second. Technically if Anakin were to have been created by a sithlord would that not be created from the force? The sith would have needed to use there power of the force to create the master apprentice. If Plagueis or Palps did create Anakin I think it was an error they made they did not forsee his betrayl, it was in there plan for him to fall in the hands of the jedi, but not for him to turn on the sith in ROTJ.

YODA: "Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is ..."

QUI-GON: "Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith."

YODA: "Eternal consciousness."

QUI-GON: "The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed."

YODA: "To become one with the Force, and influence still have . . . A power greater than all, it is."

QUI-GON: "You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self."

YODA: "A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become."

Some would say the sith could not cheat death because of the lines which were deleted from ROTS. I see it as the sith cannot become FORCE GHOSTS. but Maybe that is the reason why George deleted this scene in the first place because he wants to leave it to us to figure out. He wants to leave Plagueis power in mystery.

11. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000

I don't know what you're smoking, but please send ten pounds of it to my house immediately.

12. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    No drug jokes!

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    This theory isn't entirely outlandish, but the rule of 2 disposes with it rather quickly.

Vallorum would have had to have died before Palpatine could have started training Darth Maul, who he had trained since near birth.

I like the way you think though.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Plapatine did make a good point on how sometimes the Sith and the Jedi are alike. Heres why! They both control there fears, but one does it out of selfish acts, and the other does it by learning to coup with it.

15. Darth-Emnius

Darth-Emnius Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    hey guys, i kinda hate to break it to you, but this dude is partly right, plagueis is sidious' master, the proof is on page
    167 in the Labyrinth of Evil. that is the page that it is mention, go look it up...:)

16. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002

YOU LIE IN BED THINKING ABOUT STAR WARS???

[face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

Ohhh. Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.