main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Darth Plagueis: Thoughts, Summaries, Questions, etc.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bluewaterpig, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Bluewaterpig

Bluewaterpig Jedi Padawan

Sep 17, 2014
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking for anyone who's reading or has already read the 'Darth Plagueis' novel (technically part of the "legends" and not "canon", though many question it). I'm about halfway through and I think it's great.

Like many others, I was turned onto the whole Plagueis thing because of the suspicion with Snoke in TFA and I'm super interested in the whole storyline now. I have a few questions about stuff I came across in the book...anybody out there pretty familiar with this book?

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

This thread might be what you are looking for :)
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...sion-thread-spoilers-allowed.32032103/page-53

Tanjint likes this.
  3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    In before the lock, excellent book. Whether its legends or new canon it doesn't matter. Luceno can write. I find it very hard for any book to beat this one on the subject.

Tanjint likes this.
  4. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I reckon most of the novel will be written back into the canon. I hope so anyway, so much of it is gold!

5. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    That book was one of the greatest hits of the Old EU. Plenty people here will be more than happy to talk through it.

Tanjint likes this.
  6. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

Any highlights so far?

Even though the novel was pretty comprehensive, I'd like to see more Plagueis at some point (regardless of the current theories about him).

Barriss_Coffee and Tanjint like this.
  7. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Something I find crazy fascinating about it is that because the Jedi Council treats Maul's attack on Qui Gon as the first appearance of the Sith in a millennia, none of the battles in the Plagueis book so far (I'm only 8 hours deep into the audiobook) are between a light and a dark sider. They're all between dark siders.

Loving this book so much, it feels like Episode Zero because it sets up Episode I so beautifully.

8. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I recently bought the audiobook (my first SW one), very excited to revisit this novel!

spicer and Tanjint like this.