main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Darth Real Life: in which we monitor the most dreaded Sith Lord's attacks upon our precious RP

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Hammurabi, Mar 31, 2009.

1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Get well soon Sirak! :) My family's been pretty bad sick with a cold or two the past week or so.

2. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Well here we go again I will most likely be unavailable this coming Friday, Satuday, Sunday, and maybe Monday.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd hoped to get away with not having to use this thread, but no dice.

I'm officially "Away" through October 29th, though I should probably be around during down time. Still, I'm not anticipating I'll get any significant IC posting done.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, my mom is having major surgery today, so I won't be getting to tags for a bit. Will be back intermitently for a while.

Sorry for those I am leaving untagged for a little bit. Should be back off and on for the next few days.

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I'll be away till after the first of Nov. Don't know if i will have internet access.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Might as well post this here now:

Hurricane Sandy has us directly in her crosshairs and we're expected to take a direct hit, if everything goes according to what the models are saying. I don't know what to expect in terms of how bad conditions will get, but authorities have been warning us to prepare for long-term power outages (they said possibly up to 7-10 days in some areas). With that said, I may be gone for quite a while, depending on which path the storm takes. I'm going to try and update all of my games before tomorrow afternoon (when conditions are supposed to start deteriorating) and I guess I will go from there and hope for the best. I will sign on when I can and once it's safe to do so.

For everyone else in Sandy's path ( Sarge221 and s65horsey), please stay safe and take action while you still can! It looks like this thing is going to be serious.

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thanks for pointing out this thread Solo. I, too, am in the path of this storm and it is expected to start hitting us with rain tonight with winds increasing over the next several days. So if I disappear for awhile it will most likely be because I don't have power.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good luck guys, stay safe!

s65horsey likes this.
  9. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Same here as well. From what I've heard and read, Hurricane Sandy weakened to a tropical storm out at sea earlier today but now its been strengthened back to a Category 1 and will be curving back to hit the East Coast dead on. Possibly a foot of rain is expected, 75-80mph winds, as much as two feet of snow in some areas, power outages in seven states, yadda yadda yadda. I've heard that the most dangerous bit about Hurricane Sandy is how slow its currently moving which could possibly explain why days of power outages are expected so lets hope it picks up speed once it hits land again and gets through here as fast as possible.

Usually my area has been pretty good when it comes to vicious storms and my location being right in the middle of a bunch of schools and businesses usually makes my area a higher priority to get power back. I'm hoping I won't be without power for too long but preparations for it have been made just in case. I'll have my phone and may perhaps make a post or two to update my situation with it but, otherwise, don't expect much from me.

Hoping that Sey and Solo both come out of this alright as well! [:D]

s65horsey likes this.
  10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Stay safe everybody! I've been following this storm close, and hopefully it won't be as bad as some have predicted.

11. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    This one's specifically for Sinrebirth and spycoder9 (and to a certain extent HanSolo29 since we're collaborating in WoK). I currently have an international house guest who is completely monopolizing my time. I am still very, very interested in continuing in both of your games, but my ability to do decent replies is totally gone at the moment. In fact, I can barely read email.

Suffice it to say that this is probably the last time I ever volunteer to host someone for more than a day for a very long time.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Every time I try to get out... they pull me back.

So after getting what can only be described as a surprise project today, it seems I will be away until November 16th. :oops:

13. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So I will be gone for a bit over a week, just wanted to let people know. I´ll check the boards from time to time and do my GM duty on Castaways if possible, but otherwise I am gone for the next days. The Interview? See Vox Popoli for announcment there.

Just wanted to let people know.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, my Mom was given an extra checkup and then in the same day had tests done and taken into surgery the other day. As a result I haven't really posted anything in the last two days, but I will continue to post, it just might be slightly delayed for the time being.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just want to let everyone know that my posting may be a little scarce this coming week as I finish up a project I've been working on for the past month. I'll still log on and check things, but there may be a delay in answering tags (you may have noticed that already, but it's gotten worse over the past week and I had to say something). I'm going to try and catch up this weekend at some point, but if not, I'll try to pop in and post when I have a free moment to write. Things should be back to normal after Thursday.

spycoder9 likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sick; scarce.

17. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    As holidays are coming I had better state I will not be anywhere near the boards from 12/21/2012 - 12/30/2012.

18. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Finals week is kicking my behind writing wise. So sorry to anyone who was hoping I got the intro post to my game up :p

(that being said...unlike most people, Holidays to me equal more time online, so hopefully I can have it up Friday or Saturday, and keep it up with my abundant free time)

19. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I will make one or two posts tomorrow in my games and then I am gone til January. Just wanted to let people know. Especially Castaways people and people awaiting PMs from me. I am very busy and it will get worse until the year is over.

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ohh noooooes!

No Lorn until then!
    :D

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    All my updates are being done via iPhone or iPad, so bear with me.

22. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    FYI to Saintheart and the rest of the ME4/ToF crews: I'm going to be away (er, even more away than usual, that is [face_blush]) for the next week or so over the Christmas/New Year period. I'll try to post but basically, yeah, it's a little difficult.

23. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Gone until 2013. Just wanted to let everybody know . . .

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Sorta lost track of who I have and haven't told; having vomiting bug on and off over the holidays; have been unable to look at screen upto today. But it's 1am so that's not productive.

But I did have a Hundred Years Darkness plot bunny so that might help.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    On second thought, I won't be making any posts tonight.

Like Sinre, I'm sick. Got the flu - my body hurts all over and I have a 101 fever. I'll be taking it easy for a while.