main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Darth Real Life: in which we monitor the most dreaded Sith Lord's attacks upon our precious RP

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Hammurabi, Mar 31, 2009.

1. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    So this is why it seems (at least to me) there's been a dearth of (good) games and activity around here? Everyone's growing up and going to school and getting jobs? Don't grow up. I'm doing that right now and it's overrated.

Seriously, I haven't done jack for a while, and part of it is because none of the games up are as interesting as they used to be.

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually I think it is a combination of things that slowed trhe boards down and growing up miht play into it, but we lost mayn members who were pretty much grown up. LordT is over forty now and he surely did not leave because the child in him vanished or something. Sure. Time takes some. School, Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Study, University. But I blame LucasArts for it. Despite fanatical fandom by many, Star Wars is selling out. The once premium-brand of the seventies, eighties and nineties has now become a factory of content production. A franchise. It´s no longer a series of films, but a product line with a loot of variation in content and to be honest . . . and the realization broke my heart almost a year ago . . . VERY repetitive storylines.

So SW simply has become less attractive. I myself turned to the NSWRPF and tried my luck there or stayed with old characters . . . but diving into Clone Wars or The Old Republic . . . it´s hard for me to call them apart, actually . . . is simply not as attractive as diving into the World of Star Wars that I once knew.

My take on the lower traffic.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Silence is not as golden as once believed, or yet the gold is the gold of fools. So my forced silence is brought about by a slew of finals one after another, I am still trying to post and my computer is still trying to die. Now that the printer and Word are fixed things are going a little smoother, but my posting time for the next week and a half will be limited.

I shall be seeing my first niece for the first time immediately after finals and classes are over so don't expect much the 11th through the 14th.:cool:

I may be growing up but that hasn't made me leave, the quality may be lower in general but there are still gems to be found, things may be slower but drlThulu does that in a fairly predictable pattern towards chaos that only time and our own attempts will deam to lean one way or another-destruction or resureection. Just my two frazzled cents.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So, you know how I haven't been posting in any games? Well, it's going to get worse, because finals are starting.8-} I'll be around, but odds are there won't be any time for me to make a solid update.

5. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    I moved on the 1st of August. My computer fell out of our moving truck and broke. I'm in the progress of getting it fixed this is the first time in about 4 mouths of me being on a computer.

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Exams over, catching a flight in the morning - busy for the next few days but will hopefully be able to update soon.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Finally nearing the end of my cards and I will be sending them out in the mail tomorrow. After that, I'll be free till Thursday to post and catch up on games. Thursday morning I leave for Florida, but I will have my laptop with me, so I'll keep in touch.

Almost back to full speed! :D

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Home Comp is officially KO'd by some form of virus/worm/malicious spyware/ or whatnot that has prevented my use of the internet upon it. So for now I am largely going to be out of it for the next week until I'm able to get the thing fixed. Until my return, May the Force be with you, all of you ;)

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry for the double post, but my comp died. Totally and apparently utterly with a blue screen of death that I cannot even get windows to load. On a newer system without Dos, it is thus effectively dead in every way that I know of to make any use out of it.

I am typing this up from the library after taking an online test at college, hopefully I will have a reliable method to get back on the boards soon.

Darth Chthulu Real Life has struck soundly once more.

10. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    DRL has been unkind to me of late, so I have not been posting much, I will hope ot get my posts up in the next few days for the RPs I'm in.

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    So I was taken by DRL ( in a good way, I was travelling) and now I am back. Posts to come to all games soon.

12. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    DRL is continuing to screw with my sleep schedule and general level of cognitive function. I'll be posting when I can, sorry for the delays.

13. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Sir_Draco asked me to announce his absence from this day on for a yet unknown period of time. As a member of the German military he has been ordered to Japan to help. Obviously such a task won´t allow him freetime or internet access. He asks for patience to all those, who depend on him to play any games around here.

He will annoucne his return, once he knows when he is available again.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey, what's going on in Japan is way more important than pretendy fun time games. Just let him know we hope he stays safe.

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Agreed - saving lives and helping rebuild is by far more noble than our games here =D=

16. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Thirded. The internet can wait- this is far more important.

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Wow. Go Draco! Be safe; we'll be here when you get back.

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Agreed.

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    He has actually begun work by now and was in German TV today. Here is one damn proud sister!

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Consider me away for the foreseeable future - the Mod Squad in general has been informed, and Xani will be able to take any and all RPF-related issues in my absence.

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Pretty busy next 14 days. Try to update when I can find time and strength to do so.

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    have finals to deal with next week, so might be hard pressed to post. even though i'm not in many games regardless.

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's been one hectic week. I'm an illustrator and I just had a big deadline to meet by Tuesday, which I was able to complete and send out in the mail Friday morning. I am now leaving for Washington DC shortly to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend with the family. We'll be catching the Phillies vs. Nationals game tomorrow, so it should be fun.

Anyway, I won't be back until tomorrow evening sometime and from there on out, I will be free. I will work on posts for KotLR and my other games at that time.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    See you then! [face_peace]

25. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I have been feeling quite ill, so it may be a few days before i get a post in. It all depends on how I'm feeling.