main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Revan Costume Advise

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Budd Terry, Sep 20, 2015.

?

How Much Artistic Freedom Is Allowed In A KOTOR Costume?

1. No Artistic Freedom Is Allowed.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Galaxy Beyond Is The Limit.

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Budd Terry

Budd Terry Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2015
    I am Very New to the Star Wars Forums. I just finished my Sons Halloween Costume of Deadpool and I wanted to make a costume for myself. Last Year, while Trick O Treating in our new neighborhood, I saw all kinds of adults dressed in their costumes as well. I have always been a Star Wars Geek. So I started a project of building a Darth Revan Costume. I have taken some Artistic freedoms with my build. I started building the mask. As I researched the mask more and more, I saw the resemblance of the Mandalorian helmets. So I started building a helmet with the pepakura program. After several attempts at Boba Fett style helmet, I just made a foam mold of my head using tin foil and duct tape. Now I had a basic helmet the shape of my head and started to add the front face of Boba Fett while keeping reference online photographs of Revan's helmet/mask. I wanted to be the Sith Revan and decided to put a Darth Vader style flare of the back of the helmet. Also similar to a Samurai helmet. I am in the process of painting the helmet after coating several times with a resin to fill in the seams and build up some areas which needed extra material.

I was wondering how it would be received by Star Wars purists.

I have also taket some liberties with Revan's Chest armor as well. Instead of the flat chest armor, I decided to go with a muscular chest armor, (Pectoral muscles) to add a little bit of toughness to the Character. I know, Darth Revan is a Total Stud and doesn't really need extra toughness. I just felt compelled to take some Artistic Freedoms. Again, Wanting to know how the costume will be perceived by the Star Wars Community.

All of the other portions of the costume adhere to the 501st Costume requirements.

I would like to post some pictures for your review, but the newbie in me doesn't have a clue how.

2. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Welcome Budd Terry

Upload your pics to an online image hosting service; imageshack is one but there are loads of others, many free. When the image is online, right click it and copy the image URL. (I believe you'll be able to upload your images to Facebook also and get the URL from there).
    Then come back to the forums, well to this thread in particular really, create a post and click on the little icon with a tree on it. Next paste your copied image URL into the box that pops up.
    Hey presto - your pics will be on the forums. :)

4. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    I have finally figured out how to upload these images thanks to Stone River. This Sir, I am pleased. I thank you Sir.
    Please review the images and let me know if I have taken too many liberties with the Revan Costume. You will see my take on a Sith Revan with a Mandalorian/Darth Vader helmet. You will also see the my take on the Chest Armor. I added my own embellishments of the pectoral muscles. I have deviated from the standard Revan Costume and have taken a few artistic freedom. How do you feel about these deviations? Have I gone too far? As I mentioned last night, I will adhere to the 501st Costume Requirements with remainder of the costume. I still have a great deal of work to do on the Chest Armor. I am waiting on some foam tubing to do the accents. I really just wanted to see how these changes to the Standard Revan would be received. I have determined the helmet still has some work left on it as well after the primer coats. Too many low spots yet to fill.
    I would greatly appreciate some input from you experts.

Thanks Budd Terry
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    StoneRiver,

I sincerely appreciate your input and assistance in getting my photographs posted. I learn something every day. I would welcome any criticisms or advise you might hold with my build.

Budd Terry

6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Hey Budd Terry

Glad you got your pics up. Looks great - I'm not really suited to critique or give advise on it - but it looks good and you obviously have skill.

7. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    You are far too kind. Thank sfor the help

8. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    Here are a few photos I took of the Completed Darth Revan Helmet. This my take on what I think a Sith Revan might wear. I know it isn't exactly like what most purist would expect a Darth Revan helmet to look like, yet I took some artistic liberties with the construction/painting. Please let me know what you might think. I am open to criticism and any advise one might have.

9. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
  10. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    [​IMG]Here is what came of my first attempt at Darth Revan. I know I didn't follow the cannon on my costume, yet, this is what I thought Revan might look like. I hope I haven't offended any of those Diehard Old Republic fans.

Admiral Volshe likes this.