main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Darth Ruin

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Salacious Crumbs, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salacious Crumbs

Salacious Crumbs Jedi Padawan

Sep 25, 2014
    I'd post this in the "Where's the Baddie" thread but it would get buried underneath Plagueis talk. I think Ruin deserves some attention, having been mentioned in rumors. I'm not sure what role he would play in the story but even the name itself seems to be important. I think we're gonna see this guy in some form at some point.

From Mizzlewump: "In the script, the Sith are a couple thousand years old, founded by an ancestor of Palpatine called Ruin; the apprentice in this film also goes by that name."

From his co-creator, Abel G. Pena: "Ruin is the definition of pure evil, as I conceive of him and it. I'd say he is in the Darth Traya mold, only Ruin broke the mold and then murdered the mold-maker."

"There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
    There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
    There is no purpose. There is solely will.
    There is nothing…
    Only me.
    "―The creed of Ruin

2. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    He was discussed in the Who's the baddie thread a while back. I think this character is interesting and if done properly could make for a good villain either in the ST or in an Old Republic spin off movie.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Just do a search of that thread, when you see a post you want to discuss just use the reply function and you might get some replies ;)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    In before the merge...

5. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Would it be the Spirit of Darth Ruin, or resurrected form, or what? If so the movie would have a lot of 'splainin to do. Not to say this is impossible.

6. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Can we please stop with the corny Sith names? Ruin. Plagueis. Maul. Etc. Next is Darth Kill You.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I miss when "Darth" was Anakin's pseudonym rather than a title.

8. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    The simplistic naming conventions in SW never ends,We have General with a Grievance, Ezra which is a Bridge Character to Luke That walk skies(ok that one was a little thin) Darth Tyrannical and Sidious(they weren't even trying here)..feel free to expand,could be developed into a fun drinking game;)

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    As has already been noted, this thread is redundant, and has guidance on how to bring up what you want to discuss in the relevant thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.