main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Sidious and his Sith lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Terpmaniac09, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terpmaniac09

Terpmaniac09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    We all know that to become a sith, you must build your own lightsaber. Darth Sidious must have a lightsaber but howcome he never carries it with him? Even when he was on the Death Star.

2. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    I agree that Sidious has a lightsaber. It doesn't mean you can see it. Look at Yoda, you wouldn't know he carried one and just because he has one doesn't mean he'll use it. I do hope he uses it for Episode III, but I am not counting on it.

3. MasterDarthVader

MasterDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2002
    D_Lowe said what I want to say. You don't need to show it to let people know you have it.

4. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I agree
    BIA BIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. mandalorian_jedi

mandalorian_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    i would love to see Sidious and Yoda and/or Mace duke it out

6. GunganArmageddon

GunganArmageddon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    I think he used one before, but now, since he is so strong in the Force, he doesn't use it. As much as I'd like to see him use it in ep3, I doubt he will.
    One, he looks way too fragile. Two, Like I said, he's strong in the Force. Three, it really wouldn't move the story along. Who would he fight?

7. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    GunganArmageddon, looks can be deceiving. There were several people who couldn't picture Yoda fighting and thought it would be too funny looking. Believe me, if Lucas wanted Sidious to fight with a lightsaber, he could pull it off and make him look powerful.

8. Terpmaniac09

Jan 2, 2003
    I think that if he were to fight anyone it would be Yoda. And possibly Mace Windu.

9. Darth_Malak

Darth_Malak Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2003
    I don't think he had one since in return of the jedi he says:(a jedi's weapon much like your fathers)and he is so strong with the darkside he would not need one he would get someone else to fight is battles.

10. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I prefer his force lightning. It just cannot see him with a lightsabre (I think it would look kind of dumb).

But it worked with Yoda, so I am up with anything.

11. mandalorian_jedi

Feb 5, 2003
    as long as he isn't flipping around in midair.... :)

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Hell, I can't even see Vader's saber on his belt, but it's there. If Sidious had one, it was probably inside his robe.

13. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Darth_Malak, when Sidious called Luke's lightsaber a Jedi's weapon was because it was a Jedi lightsaber. The lightsaber is also the weapon of the Sith. There are differences in Sith lightsabers then Jedi lightsabers. Blade color and sounds.

14. mandalorian_jedi

Feb 5, 2003
    he would most definetly have one.... and may or may not use it.... we'll just have to see... :)

15. MasterDarthVader

MasterDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2002
    The lightsaber is a WEAPON OF CHOICE for both Jedi and Sith. Sidious will use his saber when needed. I will love to see Sidious fights with his saber.

16. Darth_Malak

Feb 5, 2003
    Dude there all lightsabers

17. Darth_Malak

Feb 5, 2003
    Yeah maybe but I dont see him going all out with a lightsaber ( and I know that the yoda duel was good )

18. mandalorian_jedi

Feb 5, 2003
    i want him to kill windu..... if not boba...
    but i would also like to see him beat yoda down

19. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Darth_Malak, listen to the differences between Sith and Jedi lightsabers. They have different sounds. Yes they are all differences, but there is a difference between their colors and sounds.

20. Lightsabel2

Lightsabel2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Who said that a Sith has to have a lightsaber?

With crazy sith lightning I wouldn't want one!

21. Terpmaniac09

Jan 2, 2003
    I'd rather have a lightsaber. How cool would that be. It is by far the best weapon ever.

22. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Apparently when dealing with "crazy Sith lightning" you need a lightsaber, or you'll do some shaky thing on the ground like Luke Skywalker.

I think that the last time we'll see Darth Sidious/The Emperor use a lightsaber is when he hands his own personal one over to his new apprentice Darth Vader, even tho I'd personally like to see him scorch Yoda's silly a$s with it.

23. GunganArmageddon

GunganArmageddon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    I know it could be pulled off, but Yoda's problem was that he's short. Thats why ppl thought he couldn't fight(which he couldn't, but he was darn good at ballet). Palpy is just old. and im not saying yoda isn't, but that hes digital helped alot. I think palpy is too strong in the ways of the darkside to use his sber anymore. but anything could happen.

24. CIDLORD

CIDLORD Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 6, 2001
    The Emperor says in ROTJ:

"Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed".

So, I think he doesn't have a lightsaber, at least in ROTJ.

25. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    We may not see Palpatine / Sideous with a Light Saber. Who needs a Light Saber when you can use lightning?

For that matter, does anyone remember Yoda with a Light Saber in ESB? (He didn't need one) Perhaps neither Palpatine / Sideous or Yoda need such weapons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.