main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Sidious and his Sith lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Terpmaniac09, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottr79

Scottr79 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2004
    I agree with SithMaster..maybe its an Ewok or maybe Jar Jar....or maybe Palpatine's clone :confused:

And for the recond I'm not serious about the Palpatine clone...I should be banned for just saying that.

It is Sidious, there is not question about it. I think your just messing with us. Come on, come clean...your just trying to fire up some fan boys ;-)

2. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Maybe toy wise they are trying to make Sidious kid friendly

^ ^ ^

3. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    I think Sidious will be very skilled with his light saber. Are there still people saying he hasn't got one? :rolleyes:

4. Terpmaniac09

Terpmaniac09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeah it's a bit odd.

5. mandalorian_jedi

mandalorian_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    I find it difficult to believe that Sidious could beat Yoda without a lightsaber. "It is obvious this contest cannot be won by our knowledge of the Force: but rather, by our skils with the lightsaber"

6. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    you talk about how old and feable Sidious looks well how about Yoda if he can kick ass so can Palpatine.

7. gsingh

gsingh Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
  8. Dad_Vader

Dad_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 2004
    If the lightning can be so easily absorbed by a lightsaber as Obi-Wan did in AOTC then I don't think it's all that big of a deal.

That was a big disapointment for me to see Obi-Wan do that!

9. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I thought it was great that Obi-wan did that. Its shows how a skilled fully trained Jedi deals with the Sith bag of tricks. Knowledge that Luke could have used.

10. gsingh

gsingh Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    of course sidious has a lightsaber
    watch the ROTS trailer, and you will see.

the OT was made in the 80's, and if GL were to have made it today, it would have been different.

I'll eat worms if sidious doesn't have and use his lightsaber in ROTS

11. The_Mole

The_Mole Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2004
    According to the latest Motee/Tern spoiler...he has TWO lightsabers.

Apparently, his saber gets cut in half while dueling Mace Windu...later in the film we know he also duels with Yoda.

12. Metroid1994

Metroid1994 Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    sids aint what we think he is.

13. Wrath_Mania

Wrath_Mania Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    With recent spoilers in mind, it appears Sidious is pretty weak as a fighter and has a glass jaw... he gets demolished by Mace and only bests Yoda thanks to Stormtroopers.

No, I don't like it either. But it appears to be the truth.

14. DARTHZ31

DARTHZ31 Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    but if the rumors are true and mace destroys his saber then whose saber does he use against yoda?

15. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    but if the rumors are true and mace destroys his saber then whose saber does he use against yoda?

Either Sidious makes another one, or has has an extra one.

16. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ahem.

[image=http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/albums/starwars/ROTS5.sized.jpg]

17. BOBERSON

BOBERSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    I think my money would have to be on him making another one. When it comes down to it, which character have you known to have a back up...

still thinking...

Yeah, exactly.

Him making another one would be visualing stunning, hmmm....

maybe that should have been added.

SWEET, SWEET!

18. dr_funkenstein

dr_funkenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I doubt they'll bother to show the technicalities of someone manufacturing a lightsaber. If Sidious has 2, then merely showing the second one coming into use will imply that he had one in reserve all along.

He's just a good boy scout.

19. BOBERSON

Jan 30, 2005
    ...I know...I know...but look at the gap that leaves! IMO it would leave the impression that it wasn't thought through all the way...maybe I'm just thinking too much!

GOD, it's great to be baaaack!!!

20. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Or....Motee's spoiler could be incorrect. Has any of the Ternian reports contained wrong information, though?

I find it kind of hard to follow that Sidious' saber gets diced in half seeing how small it is. I'd think he'd lose a few fingers if Mace sliced his hilt apart.

Moreover, one of the MF.com reports states that Sidious fakes his defeat to Mace in order to pull Anakin over to his side. Sidious feigns a surrender and Anakin intervenes to stop Mace by slashing off Mace's hand. Sidious springs up from playing possum and tosses him out the window via some Force-lightning. So...anyone who says that Sidious loses his fight with Mace is wrong, aren't they?

21. BOBERSON

Jan 30, 2005
    I'll say...and HOW!!!

22. Bruce_the_Bith

Bruce_the_Bith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2005
    You know, I bet in Sidious' lair he has a whole friggin arsenal of Sith and other weaponry. Imagine it like the bat cave, but call it the bad cave (cuz he's a bad guy). How else would Mace know what the heck his weapon was supposed to look like if all Sid. has was a measly old lightsabre, and how could dookie get the designs for his curved handle? The Dark Lord of the Sith can't get by with just one weapon.

23. kidwehatethemost

kidwehatethemost Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    I always wonder about Sidious's Small lightsaber, after seeing it in photos i noticed how small it was, and its probably a lightsaber to be used with just one hand. I'm also interested to see Darth Sidious's Lightsaber Fighting Form, or style. I wonder if its like Mace's, all rapid, and smooth, or Like Yoda's; very acrobatic, with spins, or maybe something we've never seen before.
    Also, It would be cool to see a lair or cave with a whole arsenal of lightsabers and sith gadgets. I'm also sure that sidious has a whole lot of goodies stashed away. But of course thats for the EU to come up with.
    If you look at the Movies You'll notice how conservative the jedi are with their lightsabers. You see the jedi have no Doublebladed lightsabers, no curved hilts, no small lightsabers like sid's; The jedi's have just basic designed lightsabers, and not to say thats a bad thing.
    I think their are different levels of Force Lightning like on Kotor or something such as ; force shock, force lightning and force storm. Obi-Wan easily blocks a force lightning attack with his lights saber, but i wonder if a force storm attack from Sidious would be as easy to block. I know this is EU kind of talk but .. just speculating.

24. Darth_Dougals

Darth_Dougals Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2005
    There defently wont be a Sidious/palpatine Clone because in Labyrinth of Evil, Mace Finds footprints of someone (defently Sidious) going from the works (Sidious hideout) to the senate distict, and Sidious will defenly use his lightsaber in Rots and he is extremely powerful to.

25. Maleficentogre

Maleficentogre Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2005
    he quite simply just bums one off of greivous. Its not like GG needs all fiftly on his belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.