Darth Sidious and his Sith lightsaber

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Terpmaniac09, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r8hitman Jedi Master

star 4
    Whatever happened to Sidious removing his hood?

I havent heard anything about that in a long time.
  2. EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Does Palpatine use a blaster on board the Invisible Hand during their escape?
  3. Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master

star 2
    Does Palpatine use a blaster on board the Invisible Hand during their escape?

Nope, he uses his cane, and his wheelchair, which he can't be separated from.
  4. Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master

star 2
    Did the baby Ewok really cry?
    I don't remember.
  5. DarthSchnauzer Jedi Youngling

This info might very well have been posted in another thread but I can't be bothered to read through every one of them and also this thread would seem to be the most appropriate. Here's a link containing several close-ups of Master Replica's version of Sidious lightsaber. Since MR wouldn't miss such an obvious thing as coloring of their products, it would seem that this is the lightsaber Mace Windu cuts in half (later on in the movie Sidious uses a black and white lightsaber of the same design to fight Yoda).

[link=http://toyfair.rebelscum.com/2005/gallery/mrtf2005/default.asp]SidiousSaberAndSomeOtherStuff[/link]

On closer inspection it doesn't look finished. Could be that it is waiting for a paint-job.
  6. BothofUs Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I figure I'd post this here...doesn't deserve it's own thread:

[image=http://www.theforce.net/episode3/newspics/hotdog-mar2005.jpg]
  7. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    You know, I had never even heard of Hotdog magazine until last week in here. Had anyone ever heard of it?
  8. BothofUs Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think Natalie was featured in it last year too, no?
  9. Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Correct!!!! Sidious later on uses a black and YELLOW lightsaber the YELLOW is actually a ring around it that powers it up!!! WHEW!!!
  10. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I don't know about last year, but I know she was featured in it a month or so ago and now there's a SW cover on the front of it according to TFN Main.
  11. MadinesHair Jedi Youngling

LOL, for a second I thought that mag with Palps on the cover was an "60 and over" geriatric mag with him as the poster boy of the month. That spry old dude could score with the older women i'll bet...his lightsaber alone could do it for them.
  12. lmandarino76 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    hotdog is a gay publication out of san francisco
  13. Ed-A_1978 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This may have been brought up before, but I didn't want to look through 36 pages or start another thread only to be directed to this one.
    I need to ask the question, why DOES Sidious have to rely on using a lightsabre?? Surely it would've been better if he unleashed the full dark side of the force onto the unsuspecting jedi??
  14. overmydeadbody Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Where in the holy hell does Sidious's scream come from?? Is it actually him that makes that sound or did they just dub a creature cry over that part of the trailer? It sounds sort of reptilian or something. If it's Palps it could be a force-scream. This could be a new power introduced in ROTS. I also wouldn't mind a force-cackle! We can see that he does the Emperor cackle at Yoda. Maybe he is screaming in pain as he turns from normal-looking to ROTJ-stylie?
  15. DarkPrime Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Don't forget that Sidious is the only character to use a two-handed Sith Lightning attack. Dooku only used his left hand - Sidious strikes with both making it even more powerful. There's no way Yoda could block/absorb THAT.
  16. RebelScumDL Jedi Youngling

Any ideas how Sidious' face changes, to its creature like appearence so quickly? Doesn't seem like those are battle scars and it did that back in ep.2 also. Is this a "jedi" mind trick that he uses with everyone to hide his nature?
  17. Sashaband Jedi Youngling

sorry for the bump, but i've got me a question. If this has been answered somewhere else my apologies, but it's literally harder to find a proper spot to stick a question than it is to find your answer if the question at hand has already been posted.

My favourite part of the second trailer is when palps pops out of his chair to meet his 4 uninvited guests. The sound, the speed, the excitement......you get the idea.

My question is regarding his lightsaber. When he pops out of his chair and lights it up, it's already red. Was it always red? Isn't a red lightsaber.....a bad thing? Have we seen his lightsaber before? I don't think we have (not in the new trilogy that is). Have we got any type of scoop on this or is it just one of those things?

Regards.
  18. Force-Keeper Jedi Master

star 5
    My question is regarding his lightsaber. When he pops out of his chair and lights it up, it's already red. Was it always red? Isn't a red lightsaber.....a bad thing? Have we seen his lightsaber before? I don't think we have (not in the new trilogy that is). Have we got any type of scoop on this or is it just one of those things?

Palpatine's lightsaber is red because he is a Sith Lord. ROTS will be the first and only time in the entire Saga we see Palpatine wield a lightsaber.
  19. Sashaband Jedi Youngling

i understand he is a sith lord, which is why he has a red lightsaber.

my question is in regards to understanding why hasn't anyone noticed that he's had a red lightsaber up until this point. I mean, he's on the council, they are all jedi, they all have lightsabers. Up until this point, nobody knew he had a red lightsaber including fellow council.

Is this a "glitch", or one of those things that just happens in the movie or is there more to this?
  20. Force-Keeper Jedi Master

star 5
    First of all, Palpatine is not on the Jedi Council. The Jedi did not know that Palpatine was a Sith until he reveals he is to Anakin. Anakin goes to tell Mace what he found out about Palpatine and then Mace gathers up a group of Jedi to arrest Palpatine. Palpatine then surprises them with a fast lightsaber attack (the lightsaber was hidden in his robe).

The Jedi never noticed because they did not know Palpatine was a Sith.
  21. yobro_60 Jedi Youngling

U R ALL GAY I HATE U STAR WARS NERDS THATS RIGHT U GIRLS IRELAND SUCKS AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DARTH SIDIOUS GO SUCK YOUR MUMS AND DADS THATS RIGHT U COWS AND DOGS I HATE THIS WEBSITE MORONSSSSSSS HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA YEAH I BET YOUR ALL WANKERING OBI-ONE NOW AND MAYBE ANIKEN U R ALLLLL GAY REAKS GET A LIFE SERIOUSLY U SICKEN ME!!!!! U COWS STAR WARS SUCK LIKE YOUR MUMS SOOOO WOT R U GOING TO DO CALL THE IRISH MAFIA YEAH RIGHT HA HA HA HA HA HA Y DONT U FIGHT IN AN IRISH PUB u some beer and get drunk hey y dont u have a war against scotland u POOFTAS
  22. LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I didn't even know I was gay. Damn it.
  23. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master

star 5
    he's like one of the lil ******ed kids in school who do stupid **** because they think we are laughing WITH them when we are laughing AT them
  24. Jedi_Heretic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    First off I think it is imperitive that we see Palpatine/Sidious use the lightsaber, we will see this in the movie I am sure since we all saw it in the trailer, I think that he will fight one handed so that he can have a free hand to use the force with I know I have done some reading and research because I am a star wars fan that some of the older techniques like Yoda, Dooku, possibly Sidious rely on on finesse speed and a one handed style possibly we will see this in ROTS.
  25. Deeysew Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Palps, with a lightsaber? That'll take some gettin used to. Damn, never thought I'd see the day. He better look badass and not take too much away from anakin. SOB, what a thing this is. Palps whipping out a saber and doing what his henchmen do. It's just... wow. :D

By the way...

Yoda is Palpatine's brother!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.