main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Sidious and his Sith lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Terpmaniac09, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EndorRebelScum

EndorRebelScum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Has anyone else noticed that Chancellor Palpatine was originally President Palpatine (and no, its not from that Fan script from 1983)

Hmm.... this is from the Linked official threads list, but the title is different...

2. LijoT

LijoT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    His face changing is explained in the visual dictionary.

Unmasked by delfected lightening during his duel with Mace Windu, the sith lord's true face is revealed to the world.

He has been masking his appearance, appearing like a normal human, but there he shows his actual face, not hiding his true appearance anymore.

3. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Can jedi do that too? That'd explain Yoda's possible botox injections between TPM & AotC.

Maybe this fits into what Empidious Palpatine says about how one can control midichlorians. He probably lost control of his and can't get it back because GL wrote it that way.

4. SithLordMolotov

SithLordMolotov Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    Empidious Palpatine

Actually, it should be Emparth Palpidious if you wanna mix it up properly...

5. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
  6. JediMaster05

JediMaster05 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    Now I would hope his lightsaber would be Black, ya'll know the strongest color of the sith!

R.I.P General Master Jedi Mace Windu

7. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    You have seen the trailers, right?

8. DarthMonopolus

DarthMonopolus Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Now I've been spoiled by reading some of the online novelization snip-its, I am wondering what will actually be in the movie and what will not...I'm SO EXCITED!

9. pimpdude

pimpdude Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    if u watch the trailer then u would see sideous use his light saber

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You'd see that he uses a red bladed Lightsaber.

11. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    what other color sabre did u think he would have?

12. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    What Í'd like to know is this:

- Is it explained in the movie that the deformed face was his true face all along?

- Will we see him change, or do we only see the deformed Palps once Anakin steps in?

It'd be so weird if it's not explained in the movie. Then, logically, everyone would assume the fight changed his appearance.

13. Darth_Azsneth

Darth_Azsneth Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2005
    Sidious had a lightsaber hidden in his robe. And I dont think he had one on the Death Star, if so it was inside his robe or hidden somewhere else...

14. Darth_Azsneth

Darth_Azsneth Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2005
    Why would it need to be explain? The Dark Side his evil and corrupts your apperance, like in KOTOR 2

15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It's just silly if a plot element like that is only explained in some spin-off game.

16. BillBrasky

BillBrasky Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    I just found this on thelightsaber.com if you follow this link about halfway down and run the mouse across the pic it will change

I think the darker one is used in the mace duel, it is so much cooler than the other

http://www.thelightsaber.com/historyspoiler.htm#

17. DarthSchnauzer

DarthSchnauzer Jedi Master

Feb 1, 2005
  18. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    That's a lightsaber I wouldn't mind picking up at TRU or Wal Mart.

19. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I just found this on thelightsaber.com if you follow this link about halfway down and run the mouse across the pic it will change

I think the darker one is used in the mace duel, it is so much cooler than the other

Nope, that's just the old extrapolated version of the Sidious lightsaber from the old BTH. Back in the day, you saw a blurred image, but when you moved your mouse over the picture, it changed to the actual pic. The only reason it looks different is that it has a different top (it was missing from the BTH pic, so the site owner just put on a top that he thought would fit. When newer pics became avaliable, he only changed the blurred picture, so it still goes to that old pic.

20. Exar_Kuns_Apprentice

Exar_Kuns_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2003
    After reading my Ep.III visual dictionary I think Sidious' lightsabre is really pants. Its shape and look is just naff. I thought being a Sith Lord it would of at least looked really good lol.

Personaly, I want to buy every Ep.III lightsabre when they come out (especilly Mace's) but I wont be buying Sidious' lightsabre because I hate it.

21. SupremeChancellor

SupremeChancellor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    Its actually my favourite design...

Woahh baby!

[image=http://img10.exs.cx/img10/492/sidioussaber7ka.png]

22. Exar_Kuns_Apprentice

Exar_Kuns_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2003
    Mace Windu's is the best.

23. DARTH_CRISPY

DARTH_CRISPY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2005
    "Its actually my favourite design... "

I agree, its awsome.

24. SupremeChancellor

SupremeChancellor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    "Mace Windu's is the best"

[image=http://img10.exs.cx/img10/492/sidioussaber7ka.png] [image=http://www.kbkids.com/g/toys/big/123270.jpg]
    I would dissagree... its nice but Palpys is better.

25. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    Well, there are bits of my question already in this thread and elsewhere, but anyway

Having been online for most of today, the question of Sidious's change is still a contentious issue.

As I see it, there are 3 possibilities:

1) He's disfigured by Mace's deflection
    2) He's masking his appearance
    3) He taps too deeply into the Dark Side during that scrap

Now, the way I see it is that I think all 3 of these are plausible from what we know about this scene, since all we will see is a disfiguration. There will be no explanation, so I guess the audience could adhere to any one of these explanations, depending on how they see it.

However, I'm wondering if there is actually any real confirmation. I've not read the book or novel, but Holocron_Collector was moaning earlier that people still didn't understand that from the book, it's because of Mace's deflected lightning. Yet on this page, LijoT quotes from the Visual Dictionary.

So, guys, what's the definitive answer? Is there one, or will it just be down to an viewer's interpretation.

P.S. Thanks to BobTheGoon for directing me to this thread.

EDIT Although this is apparently no longer an official thread according to the title....[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.