main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Sidious costume RoTS

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by sal, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    it's the generic sidious outfit. the one he wears in ep. 1-6 when he appears as darth sidious and not palpatine. the cloak is heavy and long and has a waffle like texture and the hood covers his eyes. he has a metal brooch with black pearls in it and the tunic underneath is gray and extends to the ground. a good example of it is in eposide 1 when he appears in a holograph and nute gunray or whoever says the queen has escaped and her ship is out of range and then he says not for the sith and then darth maul steps into the picture. okay long example, i'm just watching that part of the movie right now. : )

2. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    Yes, that one's all black. No grey to speak of (as far as I know).

3. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    okay, it's called 'black robes' and is on page 32 in dressing a galaxy. the inner tunic is dark charcoal gray. i took a pic of the cloak with the flash and its still blue... blue?! i'm trying something else...

4. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Oh well, I'm not always precise on color. I just walk into my fabric store and find whatever's closest to the color I'm looking for. This time of year it isn't easy, after all, they only have spring time and summer stuff. I wish there was a store that had halloween-esque fabric year round.

5. Maulested

Jul 10, 2005
    ay! tell me about it. the only good thing about summer is that the winter and fall fabrics are on sale : )

they should just have a big dark section...

6. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    No kidding! And of course, here in TX finding wool is next to impossible. Besides, you wouldn't want to wear it here.

7. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I just picked up my fabric and now I'm puzzled. I've never made a neck-cape before. Any advice? And just how long are those cuffs?

8. DarthSidious13

DarthSidious13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    If you have the recent Star Wars Insider magazine, the Sith issue. Turn to the "Sith History" page and look at the drawing beside "DARTH SIDIOUS AND HIS APPERTINCES'" I think you can tell how long the cuffs are... They're about a little shorter than the wrist.

9. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I'm thinking about handing the fabric to my friend (whom the costume is for) and letting his mother sew it up. She's one of those 'super sewer' types and I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I have to make my own costume (which is the one from last year, but I'm modifying it to be more accurate). I do, however, have that neck cape done so just the robe is left. He's working on his own saber.

10. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Bump.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/goblet7/sidsaber.jpg]

11. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    :eek: Ooh, that looks good, sal!

12. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Thanks,I still have alittle more sanding left, then its ready for another paint job. I've only worked on it fo rabout 2 1/2 days, but I've taken a break from it for a few days.

13. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Keep up the good work, then.

14. DarthSidious13

DarthSidious13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    That IS very good! I assume you're doing the black covering one, and not the gold one, right?

15. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
  16. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Correct, mine is based on the backup version, I used to have some good shots of it from the this weapon is your life web doc but can't find them. I would assume when you refer to the gold one you mean the chromed one?.. I could be mistaken.

17. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
  18. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The one used in the yoda vs. sidious fight.:)

19. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Oh, right. So what's the gold thingy?

20. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The upper gold piece/emitter was machined.

21. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    No wonder I was confused, I thought we were talking about something on the outfit, not the saber!8-}[face_beatup}

22. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Wow, it's been a while. Okay, with Halloween just around the corner, I'm desperately trying to decide what I want to go as. Since my friend is doing Sidious vs Yoda, we're doing a Sith theme. I wanted to do Vader, but now I don't think I have the time. Then I wanted to do Maul, but I can't afford another fx saber. My intention is to act like a yard prop, so Dooku and Anakin are out of the question. That leaves me with one final option: have two Emperors. My question is, do you think this is a silly idea, or do you think it'd be cool to have Ep. 3 Sidious and Ep. 6 Palpatine standing right next to each other acting like yard props then jumping out at kids when they walk by?

23. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Well I think it's safe to say my friend's Sidious turned out great! He didn't have a mask or latex, so we simply used corn starch. But it worked. I just used my costume from last year so I was a random Jedi.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/FETT-MAN/Picture001.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/FETT-MAN/Picture002.jpg

24. inkpenavenger

inkpenavenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    DARTH TAKEO
    How did you get that fantastic Sidious face! I must know for my fanfilms!

25. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    We used corn starch, just simply powdered it on his face. By the time the pics were taken some had already worn off. It looked like dandruff on his neckcape up close. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.