1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney… Now discussing:

Artist Darth Snuggle's Scribbles [UPDATE: 04/17/10 - "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy"]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_Snuggle, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_laugh]

Damn, that's funny. It's all layed out nicely - very much like a magazine would be, so the look and feel is dead on in my opinion. "Wild Ewok ate my baby" makes me think of an episode of Seinfeld (One of the characters says something similar, and just thinking of that seems to make it all the more funnier to me.) Good idea on adding the stroke for the lettering (it does help to bring it out). The lettering for the main headline is actually quite clear, it's just the part where it overlays the bright white light in the back that I guess would make it slightly odd to read. Drop-Shadow is entirely up to you. Anywho, it's excellent work - I love the stuff you come up with. =D=

...Jabba doesn't look half bad. He could give Mr. Olympia Arnie a run for his money. ;) :p

- Suz ^_~
  2. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great Job! You should have a job writing headlines for the Enquirer. Love the Jabba piece, (he was heart attack waiting to happen). Also Super job with the Clone Wars style, it's right on the money. Do More!
  3. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    aurelia-acc and Your_Worshipfulness: The Ewok headline is variation on a classic, which is why I chose it :) Oh, and I just loaded up a revised version with a drop shadow for the main headline as well as a date and other little details (CoCo District Edition, 5 Republic credits, etc). I think it's ready for printing now!

And just for the record, I think Jabba had liposuction...

FelsGoddess and Ty_Ordell: thanks for commenting. I'm happy you enjoyed it!

Hi jedi-master-faran! Good to see you again :) I took an extended leave myself while I was doing other work, but it's nice to drop back in.

Okay, new piece ready to go. No points for originality on this one, 99% of the copy came from an actual advertisement, I just gave it a SW twist. Hope it tickles you as much as it did me:

Merenzane Gold
  4. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, I can always count on you to make me giggle and laugh, Darth_Snuggle! [:D]

Did this one go in "Bounty Hunter's Quarterly...?" ;)

What a great ad--just like you'd see in a magazine! Great comparison between "little" Aayla and the more "matured" Aayla--the little one made me really smile, she's so cute! Another great piece! =D=

FF
  5. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The Republic Enquirer is great! [face_laugh] :D =D=

It looks very professional =D=

The Aayla add also loos great! :D [face_laugh]

As FalconFan said, it looks like it'd show up in Bounty Hunters Quarterly ;)
  6. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, the ad probably made it into "Bounty Hunters Quarterly," but I suspect it'll also make it into the Aayla issue of Maxim magazine ;)

I'm thinking maybe doing another ad with Kit Fisto promoting Nautolade - the sports drink.
  7. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
  8. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] I want to have that! :p
    No, most people already think I'm 17 or 18.....that's enough.

But great work. Need more! [face_batting] Please?
  9. Rogue_Pilot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great work Snuggle! Verry funny!

Quick question, how are you able to edit the name of this thread so long after its creation?
  10. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks for visiting academygrad88! I enjoy your stuff as well :)

Rest assured, there's a bunch more ideas percolating in my little brain Chilla!

Hi Rogue_Pilot, glad you like my newest piece :) As for editing the thread, it's pretty simple. Once you log on, you just go back to the very first post and hit the edit button. Then just update the title and poof, there you go.
  11. MasterlessPadawan-K9 Jedi Knight

star 1
    [face_laugh] Bravo Darth Snuggle! I am now feeling guilty for ignoring this thread, the completed Enquirer Cover is HILARIOUS! Same goes to the Gold ad with Aayla. Also, you mentiond other ideas, would one of them also include more Photos of Kit and Aayla from the Paparazzi? If not, always something to soak over for after you've finish the other stuff. Look forward to Nautolade!
  12. mMathab Force Ghost

star 1
    The Aging one is fabulous! Darn chexy and elegant
    Do you still have your drawings of both young and old without the text?
  13. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    I've got a bunch of different concepts in mind K9. Hadn't really though much about more Kit/Aayla paparazzi pics, but a parody of the "Lady and the Tramp" spaghetti scene did just pop into my head.

Glad you liked it mMathab! Yeah, I did the young and older Aayla pics individually before compositing them into the ad, so they're already done, sans their respective backgrounds.
  14. MasterlessPadawan-K9 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah, I see. I shall look forward to 'Twi'lek and the Nautolin', it sounds so....I can't EVEN think of the word. [face_blush]
  15. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm working to expand my repetoire of characters, so I figured the next logical step was to latch onto Aayla's first master, Quinlan Vos. I used the repeated design motifs from various "Clone Wars" characters to assemble his design. Still in a rough stage, but I think it's pretty close to capturing his look.

Quinlan Vos sketch
  16. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Great start on Quinlan Vos!

The emotion in Quinlan's face is already very apparent. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

oldj
  17. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    "Hadn't really though much about more Kit/Aayla paparazzi pics, but a parody of the "Lady and the Tramp" spaghetti scene did just pop into my head."

Oh, do-it-do-it-do-it!!! [face_laugh] That would be too awesome!

Loving your start on Quinlan! I agree with oldj that the expression is pure Vos--excellent! I'll be very much looking forward to seeing this one done! Great work!

FF
  18. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I have to admit, Quinlan Vos never used to be one of my favorite characters. But recently, he has really begun to grow on me.

You did a wonderful job capturing his character in that classic Clone Wars style. The expression is just priceless - I like what's going on there. His arms and torso look a bit too small, but with an animated style, you can easily get away with it. So, no worries and excellent job! :D
  19. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm glad all of you approve of Quin's expression (I used the cover of Republic #77 as reference) :)

You're quite right about his arm and torso, HanSolo29, and that thick mop of hair on his head doesn't help make him less top-heavy either. Hopefully, it'll look better once I refine it a little more. I've got a peach of an idea in store for him that doesn't really require much more designing beyond his face, but it's always good to plan ahead...
  20. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    Okay, a new series starts with this parody of the poster art from "Frank Miller's Sin City."

George Lucas' Sin City: Marv

You can thank Antilles2001's vignette titled "District 666" over in The Saga section of the Fan Fiction forum for inspiring me :)
  21. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] LOL, I laughed about his "freakin' sweet hat". :D =D=
  22. Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I agree with the person who said it works "almost too well" - it's pretty shocking how that pic combines the two so much.

While I can guess who Roark (either one), Nancy, and Ava can be, I'm looking forward to seeing your choices for them...
  23. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Did you apply for Cooper's webstrip thing??
  24. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks Chilla :) I do believe that's the unofficial name for K'Kruhk's fashionable piece of headwear.

Ive_Got_Two_Legs: I've got a whole bunch of ideas for casting, but I think I'll stick with the characters featured on the posters for now (although I'd really love to do one of Darth Maul as Kevin. I just want to stick him in that sweater.) All for the best since the movie's been my only exposure to the comic thus far, but I hope to change that soon.

As it goes, once I figure out how to simulate "Frank Miller" rain, I should have the next one ready to go.

Yes I did BobaMatt, but I think my particular style wasn't quite what they were looking for. Maybe something else will come along down the road, though. I'm always up for a good comedy piece :)
  25. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great poster, Snuggle!! And I'll second the question about the webcomic--have you looked into it? Your style would definitely be a perfect fit for it, that's for sure!

FF
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.