main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Darth Snuggle's Scribbles [UPDATE: 04/17/10 - "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy"]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_Snuggle, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I threw my hat in the ring FalconFan, but I think they went with somebody else; although I did make myself available should anything appropriate arise.

Oh, I figured I'd post a link to Antilles2001's story for those interested in reading it: District 666 (one-poster, Tribute to Sin City)

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Nice one! K'krukh is just the perfect char for such an artwork. [face_peace]

Antilles has done a great job on that, yeah! I bet he's pretty much honored by that! :D

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Great job! I'm loving all the Sin City Star Wars posters I've been seeing around here. I especialy love how you included the Freakin' Sweet Hat? :D

And your Quin sketch looks great. My only suggestion would be to make his hair a bit more unruly. His dreds tend to go everywhere ;)

4. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks, Corran_Fett. Maybe I should drop him a PM to say thanks for the inspiration.

Well, it's just not K'Kruhk without The Hat!

There are more Sin City SW posters around here? Link me up, I'd like to see them! :D

I'll see if I can improve some on Quin's hair. Unruly isn't my strong suit :)

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Okay, so I exaggerated, I've only seen one or two others, but I really liked them. Let's see if I can't dig one of 'em up for you.

EDIT: Well here's one I really like :D

6. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Yay, that's my 'lil contribution to Sin City... :D Glad you like it, ThrawnRocks! :)
    I've got it on my DA page, too: http://www.deviantart.com/view/25676526/

Guess so... ;)

7. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Good job Corran_Fett! That piece looks great (and coincidentally, Quin is on the next poster I'm doing) :D

8. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks! :) And heh, nice coincidence! :D

9. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Here's a new entry in my "Sin City" series, this one featuring Quinlan Vos:

George Lucas' Sin City: Dwight

I fiddled around a lot with the coloring, the "Frank Miller" rain, and the background. I'm sorta happy with how it turned out. I gave the stark key light look a try to match it with the poster art, but it just looked like he was wearing a wierd white mask.

10. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    WOW! :eek: [face_peace]

This looks somewhat awesome... Dwight's always been my favorite in Sin City, and now you make Quin to Dwight! Great! [face_dancing]

Great piece of art, I love it - especially the shadowing and Quin's grim face! :D

Can't wait for your other pieces... I hope we'll be getting a Nancy and a Hartigan... :) ... and a Jakie Boy and and and.... :p :D

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, how can we not love Quinlan...as anyone? This looks just great, Darth_Snuggle! True to the original posters, and yet uniquely "yours!" Wonderful work!

FF

12. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks both of you :) Quin was kinda fun and a bit of an experiment for me in trying to capture the "Sin City" look. I got a little bolder with this next one:

George Lucas' Sin City: Hartigan

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, don't know Sin City, but I love your latest pic. Looks great!

14. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks! "Sin City" is a great movie if you're into the comics or Film Noir in general. Very artistically done, as well :)

15. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I haven't seen the flick myself, so I don't really know the characters (or story for that matter), but I am familiar with the style, and I'd say you successfully matched it while keeping your own type of style. The shading in both posters looks great. Vos's expression makes him fit right in, IMO. But I love the splash in the poster of Kit, and I think I prefer the angle of the shot more. I also like how the rain isn't all at the same angle. :)

P.S. Nice move on the use of "Frell". ;) (Though since it's SW, shouldn't it be "Kriff" or something...? - I'm just bustin' your hump. :p )

- Suz ^_~

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I love your sin city, Darth Snuggle!! I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen the ads for it.

That is really great work!!

AG88

17. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    I suppose so Your_Worshipfulness, but "frell" looked and sounded closer to the actual word and it's in every Star Wars expletive list I managed to find so I figured it must be legit :p

I'm not overly familiar with the Sin City comics either (just seen the movie), but I looked through the SW cast to find appropriate characters to take on the various roles. Marv, for example, is remarkably hard to kill so K'kruhk seemed like a perfect match.

Thanks AG88! I really love the poster art for that movie. If I had any space left in my house, I'd buy them all :D

18. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey D_S! Great "Hartigan" with Kit--I love the way you do our favorite Nautolan Jedi! :p This is just great--and I'll agree that the way you lit this and handled the rain is just awesome! The steep angle of the perspective is also great--a really effective "shot" for this. Another wonderful "adaption" of SW to Sin City--Lucas would have to be grinning if he got to see these! :D

FF

19. Immortal-Soul

Immortal-Soul Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    That's a great Idea.
    I love Sin City. Sin City in a Star Wars Version that's awesome ;)

20. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Great new piece... Kit Fisto as Hartigan is just great! I love the shading and the lightsaber very much, great job! His read eyes and the black robes add some sort of intruiging look! Just awesome! [face_peace]

21. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Fantastic stuff! You captured the Sin City look so well. I actually found your Scandal! image through google images once looking for Aayla Secura photos, and just now found who made it. Nice stuff! Definitely original. I can't wait for more!

22. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow, great job, Snuggle!! This is really impressive stuff. I don't even know what to say...you've captured the mood, and everything, so well! Ah, I must PM you a question, and ask another here.

Any chance you'll be doing Jackie Boy, or is this more-or-less just main characters? :p

Great job! :D

~Vassago

23. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey FalconFan! Happy you like the new Kit illustration. The one thing I wasn't entirely happy with was the perspective (I'm definitely not as skilled at it as Mark Spears is (I was looking at his thread a second ago) :) Rendering the rain was fun: did it in black pencil as an overlay then scanned it in, coverted it to line art, and finally inverted the color. Did the same with the streak lines in the bottom corner. They get a whole lot more complicated with the posters of the "dames" of Sin City. Everything's a whole lot more subtle with them, so they'll be percolating for awhile until I get them finished.

Thanks for visiting Immortal-Soul :) Glad you liked it. Sin City is great, isn't it?

Hi Corran_Fett! Yup, red eyes and black robes :) In fact, the robes are actually his real robes converted to grayscale. I debated making his eyes retain that reddish color or making them gray as well, but it looked neat so I kept it.

Thank you Basement24! Is "Scandal!" popping up on Google already? Wow, that's a rather pleasant surprise!

Hi Darth-Vassago! Well, originally, I was just going to do Marv, Dwight, Shellie, Hartigan and Nancy. But since that only leaves Jackie Boy and Gail, I figured I'd might as well finish off the set. Already have someone cast as Jackie Boy, now I just have to figure out who's the best candidate for Gail.

Any Sin City fans out there have a good pic of Kevin, btw?

24. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Great news about Jackie Boy. :D

A picture of Kevin?

Here's a couple: One from the the comics (I think), and one from the movie.

Hope that helps. :)

~Vassago

25. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    How about Kahleen? ;)

Can't wait to see more.... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.