main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Darth Snuggle's Scribbles [UPDATE: 04/17/10 - "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy"]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_Snuggle, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Khaleen? She's already standing in for Shellie :)

Thanks for the Kevin pics Darth-Vassago! I was hoping to find something more full-figure and dynamic, but I think I could do a little something with the second pic you linked to.

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
  3. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Actually, that one is just about perfect Darth-Vassago :D Thanks!

Okay, in need of a opinions. I'm working an art/writing combo platter and I'm stuck on one particular aspect of one of the main illustrations.

Basically, I'm asking folks to pick a color: http://home.pacbell.net/ri221b/sw/max_test.jpg

The sheets will be white, but the color of Aayla's attire is up for debate. Tones will help differentiate figure from background and foreground elements if you like white, black is a bit typical and might be too strong for the rest of the pic, and pink I used on a lark 'cuz I saw a behind-the-scenes pic from Ep 2 or 3 with the actress in a bright pink dressing robe and I thought it looked cute (besides, the character's first lightsaber was pink) :)

I'll be pulling it down in a few days. Please chime in if you have an opinion!

4. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Typical or not, the black looks best IMO. :) You haven't stopped by to see my Twi'leks in a while, DS. I'd love for some feedback. :)

5. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I'd say the black, or the pink. The white is too basic, and the black just looks good. The pink is something different, and I like it.

~Vassago

6. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Black was my least favorite of the three just due to the overpowering quality of it (and it's not even pure black, at that). The mood I was looking for was playful, so... well, I'll see what a few other people think before I commit to anything.

Quite true, Giolon05:) I'll rectify that as soon as I push this button...

7. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Have you tried red?
    If not..go with the black.

8. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I like the Pink one the best. I like how it plays off the colours of her features and I think that it fits more with the 'playful' mood you were going for. It's more cutesy than the others IMO.

...and lovely detail in the ruffled up sheets, BTW. ;)

- Suz ^_~

9. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    I think the white is too basic. Black looks good, but I think pink definitely has a good playful quality to it as Your Worshipfulness mentioned. Maybe a deeper pink / red might work? You don't want it to become a harsh contrast to her skin though.

10. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks for the opinions everyone, they're really appreciated :D

11. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    I like thge black and yes it's probably because it does stand out the most. However it may not stand out as much once the background is added. As far as a different color, what about purple to match her eyes?

12. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey, I hadn't thought of purple. That's actually a great idea :D I'll go try that out...

13. Thyke

Thyke Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2005
    Your style is great!!! =D= ... Keep up to good work and please show me more :D

14. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
  15. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Wow... That was awesome and FUN! I really like it :)

16. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    These "Sin City" pieces are really great =D=

17. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Haha, I knew Jackie Boy had to be Dooku for the head/hand reasoning. Wonderful piece! So... would he have his lightsaber imbedded into his head instead of a gun I suppose? :p

18. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Man, Dooku as Jackie Boy! [face_laugh] :_| =D=

It's just great, and I love his somewhat funny glance! [face_peace]

Great piece of art, for sure!

19. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Amazing job on Dooku. =D= Jackie Boy was a great character in the movies, and Dooku (of course :p) is the best in Star Wars. Just an overall great job.

~Vassago

20. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thank you Daenna and aurelia-acc :) It's actually proving to be quite fun "casting" the various roles. This one represents a transition between the starker blacks of the previous three illustrations and the subtler tones of the dames down the road. I guess the Quin and Kit illustrations could have been like this as well, but the poster art I found online must have been adjusted to look a bit more "comic book-y" with the shadows.

You know, Basement24, I hadn't thought quite that far ahead [face_laugh] Would be rather amusing, though!

"Funny glance," Corran_Fett? Doesn't Dooku always look like that ;) I had thought about giving him the "Jackie Boy" hair, but it might have made him look a little too funny.

Thanks Darth_Vassago! I figured from your avatar that you'd be particularly pleased with this one.

21. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Another request for advice from all of you:

If Padmé is Wendy, which handmaiden would be the best choice for Goldie?

Dormé because of their sisterly relationship? Cordé because she was the only featured handmaiden who was killed? Or Sabé, who actually looks like Padmé when in disguise as the Queen?

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    :eek:

That is awsome! The clone wars style is spot on, and I love the coloring and shading! NOt to mention that Dooku simply looks awsome ;)

23. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks ThrawnRocks! Dooku was incredibly easy to draw, actually. He's just got such a nice, angular design.

Here's the newest one, debuting the dames of Sin City with Gail: George Lucas' Sin City: Gail

24. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Oh, Shaak Ti as Gail is... sweet :D Great job on the facial expression, just as with the original Gail. The only critics would be the lack of black/white in this image, but I know it's hard to make only parts of Shaak Ti in grayscale - I bet it wouldn't look good any longer, then. So, it doesn't really matter, the piece is still amazing! ;)

25. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Shaak Ti fits as Gail.

A bit off topic, but the real Gail just confirmed that Angelina Jolie is going to play Ava in Sin City 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.