main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Darth Snuggle's Scribbles [UPDATE: 04/17/10 - "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy"]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_Snuggle, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= That looks phantastic! Love how her lekku fly around her and the snow-like feeling.

2. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I seriously had no clue who it was going to be. Man, it's not even funny how perfect that fits. (She certainly has the figure to pull it off. ;) )

I love how you've drawn the movement in her lekku and that's some excellent lighting/shading you've done. I also really like the look of the colours and how they work together in this one. All that black in her outfit, especially the fishnet stockings pops out at you. Just Fantastic!

I can't wait to see what those idea's you have in mind will be. :D

- Suz ^_~

3. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Ha ha! Lekku Liplock!
    *laughing aside!*
    Your work has this great cartoon feeling to it and I LOVE it! It's looks straight off a kids cartoon like Clone Wars!
    Argh! It's STELLAR!

4. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Thank you Giolon05 :) I'm quite fond of The Alba as well [face_love]

Chilla]: With her hair flying all over the place in the original poster, I felt Aayla's lekku could serve the same purpose. it definitely added a feeling of movement to the design.

I was surprised myself about how well her blue skin (once desaturated) looked against the generally black and white background, Your_Worshipfulness. Quite the happy accident :)

Thanks rhi-sparks! To mangle something Obi-Wan once said, cartooning is my speciality ;)

5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Wow. I've looked at the art in this thread, and I've gotta say, there is some seriously cool stuff in here. My faves are probably Scandal and Hartigan, but they're all great. :)

6. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thank you very much Rilwen_Shadowflame, glad you liked what you saw :)

My Star Wars muse has been waning for quite sime time so I haven't been around much. Hopefully, I'll get a spark of inspiration to return to some of my abandoned pieces and have something new to post here!

But in the meantime, has anyone seen the September 06 issue of Toyfare magazine (the one with Clone Wars-style Leia on the cover)? Somehow an imposter using my name makes an appearance on the last page [face_laugh]

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:

Someone hijacked your name?! Blasphemey!! :D ;) :p

Seriously--what's that about? Or did you actually make an appearance there and forget to tell everyone here? :p
    I haven't ever seen Toyfare magazine before, but I might have to go looking for a copy now, since you have some noteriety in it!

We're glad to see you back, Darth_Snuggle--we've been missing your fabulous talent! Hope to see something new very soon, and welcome back!

FF

8. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I really like the idea of your art, they are very interesting and impressive !=D=

9. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks NLSkywalker. We aim to please :)

FalconFan: nope, I had nothing to do with my clone's appearance in Toyfare Magazine. Just picked it up a few weeks ago 'cuz the Leia statue on the cover caught my eye. And lo and behold, a Sith-tattoed version of myself was on the next to last page in an "Imperial Colorguard Detergent" ad. Personally, I think I'm much cuter than that fella ;)

As I said, my Star Wars muse has been waning of late while my primary muse is making its presence felt after a long hibernation. I'll try to strike a balance but you know how muses can be!

10. semicooke

semicooke Legacy Concept Artist star 1 VIP

Dec 1, 1998
    Love the Nancy pic. Good simplification of the shadow lines/areas. Well done all around!

11. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thank you very much Madine, it's greatly appreciated :)

*looks at last entry date* Wow, has it been that long since I was last here?

12. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Snugs!! Nice to see you again! How've ya been? What'cha been up to?[:D]

Holy buffalo bagles, it has been awhile since you last posted artwork. Does this mean that your muse has returned? Anything new to share or working on? [face_batting]

...am I pestering you with all these questions? :p

- Suz ^_~

13. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    Fun stuff! I dig it.

14. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I like your art work, original and cool

15. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Hello again Your_Worshipfulness [:D] I've been pretty busy with work and a multitude of other things. My primary muse is still running on all cylinders, but my SW muse did get a spark of life in her when I played a little "Jedi Academy" to wind down a little last week. Been doodling some poster concepts for that on my lunchbreaks so we'll see where that goes.

Thanks very much TDHArtist! I enjoy your style, too!

Well, I don't know how original my work is BIEREN - most are parodies of existing things [face_laugh] But I appreciate the compliment!

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's been a long time, Darth_Snuggle! It's great to see you around these parts again! :D

I hope everything is well and here's hoping for some new artwork soon! ;)

17. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    It has been quite a long time HanSolo29 :D

I've got something in the works at the moment. Two, in fact. Actually, it's more like three. I'll be sure to post them once they're completed!

18. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Seems like I've turned into a one-trick pony, but to personally celebrate the big anniversary, I whipped this up:

George Lucas' Sin City: Junior

I *swear* that I have something in the hopper that has nothing to do with this particular line of parody art. I just find myself pulled every which way without time for anything else except work!

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    SQUEE!!

Hi Darth_Snuggle!! **Wookiee-hugs** This is just great--and a wonderful homage to the 30th anniversary! Love the colors, and the little word bubble near the top had me on the floor! [face_laugh] Awesome job with that complicated mask--it looks just fabulous! :D

FF

20. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Meesa back! :)

I'm happy you liked the new Sin City poster, FalconFan. It was pretty quick and dirty. Fortunately, I found a pic of one of the Gentle Giant animated Vader maquettes to augment the design I had been working on.

Now about that new piece I was working on. It's another poster design (not so original of me), but this time taking the "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy" video game and making a Drew Struzan-y composition out of it -- but with my particular "animated" look:

"Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy" poster art WIP

21. JosephB

JosephB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Dude!!!

Excellent work. Many thanks for the Bastila and Aayla pics. Love the Sin City pics. As good as Nancy and Aayla go together like peanust butter and . . . . . . well more peanut butter, surprisingly my favorite pic was Shaak Ti (whose b**** I have been since she kicked @$$ in Clone Wars). That is sooo not her . . . or maybe it is? hehehehehe. Who knows what's she like in private?

And the Jedi Academy pic is gonna be great when you finish it. Nice version of Kyle. And that is my Jaden!!! I've played the game many times and have created many Jadens (mostly Twi'leks) and she's usually wearing that top. So Excellent attire choice.

Wonderful choice in character design. While you are going for that CW style, it does lean alittle towards Justice League which I think makes the characters look better than they did in CW.

Keep up the good work.

Joseph B

22. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    I love the latest Sin City poster, but moreso the Twi'lek on the Jedi Academy poster. The whole sketch is fantastic, but the full-body pose it fantastic. Lovely work!

23. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Jedi Academy poster = too sweet. I can't wait to see it finished. I really love the way you draw your clone wars style twi'leks...they just look great. Kyle's not bad either...for a dude. ;)

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    This looks so great! The layout is all SW--beautiful use of the "Struzan composition," there--wonderful expressions and poses! This is going to rock all colored up! **gets giddy** Can't wait for an update on it! :D

FF

25. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Still doing great work, I see! LOVE the Sin City poster, and can't wait to see the completion of your latest.

oldj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.