main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Darth Tater

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  2. PenguinJedi

PenguinJedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2004
    I think we posted this at exactly the same time...

heh heh heh

Pen Guin

3. Sexy2LeiaBuns

Sexy2LeiaBuns Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I can't wait to get that one! When I first saw it, I thought it was a joke. Then when I saw it was for real, I was so excited. Can't wait to get that Sith Spud. :)

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Dear god.

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    That is the stupidest SW collectible yet. Yes its even dumber than the $300 blinds.

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    For once, I agree with the goat. That has got to be the dumbest piece of memoribilia I have ever seen.

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    For that comment, I have one apostrophed word for you:

Bend'Ems [face_laugh]

8. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Just because it's stupid doesn't mean it's not a fun and cool collectible. Star Wars Buddies anyone? How about Pez's? Or bobbleheads?

Welcome to the Dark Fry!

9. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Oh yeah..Bend 'ems. Those were dumb!

I'm sorry I just can't get behind most of this merchandise.

10. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    No need to be sorry. I think some of the most exciting collecting info I've heard lately is that they are doing more SW Buddies. And that Wookie Super Soaker has me all excited to. But are these goofy things? Heck yeah! Should we as SW fans buy these because they say SW? Heck no! I think these are fun, so that's why I'll get them.

I do find it interesting that of all the things out there, the Darth Tater has grabbed this much outside media attention. People at work, knowing I'm a SW fan, keep telling me about this. I almost find this as funny as when they are all excited to tell me there is a new SW movie coming out.

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Wait...there is a new movie coming out?! OMG!!!!

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, Carrie, this would make for an interesting Black Sun meeting.

Everyone brings what they consider the "dumbest" or biggest-waste-of-money Star Wars item that they have purchased, and we discuss what has been the stupidest Star Wars collectible ever released.

I think it'd be fun. :p And I certainly have some stupid collectibles. [face_shame]

13. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    You are not suggesting that you would actually come to a meeting, are you?

But I think that's a great idea, even if you couldn't.

14. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    The down side, of course, being that if we believe it to be a waste of money...we probably DIDN'T buy it. cough cough...KFC Episode 1 Frisbee anyone....anyone??? Will someone tell me when was the last time you even saw someone playing frisbee? It's a word that everyone knows, but the newest generation has never actually even touched one.

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, frisbee is extremely popular with "kids" my age.

You've never heard of "ultimate frisbee"? (A cross between football, soccer, and frisbee.) They even have an league for it at my school. I know hundreds of kids that play.

16. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Cool, retro-active Beach/BBQ sports. Don't blink or it could go the way of the hackey sack, pogo-stick, pogo-ball, yo-yo, lawn jart, etc......Let's face it, if you can't do it drunk, it's just a rehash till the next generation goes retro. Bean Bags anyone??

Oh yeah, and the fact that Sithy says he knows "hundreds" of people didn't go over my head. I'm just still in shock. :eek: Don't you have to actually "go" places to meet people? ;)

17. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
  18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Okay, I have "met" "numerous" people who play ultimate frisbee.

Excuse me for using a figure of speech. :p

19. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Lawn Darts! Man, I love those things. The article was nice, but who needs to be drunk when you have the innocence of a 7 year old? Oh, the hours spent scraping them against rocks to make them REALLY sharp. We didn't need alcohol to fling these things wildly about, sticking them into tress and cars and that one in the roof (a 7 year old doesn't grasp the complexity of "re-shingling the damn roof").

And yes, we did stick one in a friend's head, and yes, he has had a glass eye since then.

20. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000

And that Wookie Super Soaker has me all excited.

More than the new Obi-Wan vibrating lightsaber.

Bosh
    "I want Star Wars Weebles"

21. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Ooh Ooh, So many funnies, don't know which one to reply to first.

Well I had a friend (true story) who DID get a Lawn Jart embedded in his cranium. He had to have major surgery to remove it, and the scar that resulted from it caused him to have to wear a construction hard hat (I **** you not) for about 2 or 3 years. But it didn't deter him or the rest of us from playing lawn jarts. D**n the man for smoting the lawn jart. If you can find them now they are illegal....so by all means stock up...Hehehe :D

As for the vibrating lightsaber...I'm not touching that with a ten inch, chrome-plated, leather gripped, red one. [face_whistling]

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I have a set of lawn darts. The label on the box calls them "Jarts."

23. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Ok. The Darth Tater is AMAZING compared to this.

24. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Any parent who puts their child in that deserves the dysfunctional, drug-addicted high-school dropout that will result 15 years later.

Bosh

25. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Oh, wook at da widdle Wookie! LOL

Bosh, we've already told you, you are forever banned from any and all discussions concerning children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.