main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku should have been in the Episode 2 poster.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_liquid, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_liquid

Darth_liquid Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    O.k. maybe this should not be hear but i think that Count Dooku should have really been in the Attack of the clones Original poster. Maybe in the bottom left hand corner. Jango is in it but Dooku has more of a main role. Also he is in Revenge of the sith. What do you think??

2. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    He was on one of the big posters that was on bus stop housings, but he was standing in front of a bunch of clones, which didn't make sense.

3. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    i'm talking about the official Drew Struzman poster.

4. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    yeah. it's quite sad that our favorite SW Count was not featured on the final theatrical poster of EP2 :( --- especially since's he's basically the "main bad guy" (aside from Sidious, of course :p) in that movie.

And yeah...It's really ODD that he's standing in front of the Clone army in that one solo poster --- considering the fact that the clones were against him/the separatists in episode II!

5. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    ^i tottaly agree with you man. He is my personal favourite bad gut in the whole prequel trilogy. Maybe someone could edit the original to have Count Dooku somewhere in the bottom left where it is empty?? THIS WOULD BE GREAT!

6. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Other than Sidious Count Dooku is my favorite bad guy as well in the PT.
    But there arnt really any others to chose from.
    Maul or grevius really. Sidious is hardly in it but the scene in ROTS makes up for that!!

The poster should definately contain Dooku.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    FYI it's Drew Struzan.

8. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    He's the mysterious character of AotC, Jango is a far better poser as Dooku in this instance.

- O_F

9. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Jango is better. Dooku's supposed to be surprise in the non-spoiler people. Plus people recognize the Mandalorian Armor over an unknown old guy at that time.

10. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    "He was on one of the big posters that was on bus stop housings, but he was standing in front of a bunch of clones, which didn't make sense. "

Thats aways really irritated me as well

especially as these pictures are featured in the DVD as well.

for someone viewing the film without seeing the OT or ep3 it would be very confusing.

they make up for it with the clone wars dvds by having the clones on the right side though

11. Admiral_AckBas

Admiral_AckBas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    I didn't have any trouble with Dooku standing in front of the clones whatsoever. The clones aren't against him at all. Yes, they -appear- to be, but it's stated explicitly in the movie that Dooku had part in 'making' the clones. He recruited Jango, after all. On those posters, he's simply standing in front of the result of his and his master's brilliant scheme.

12. SithLegion

SithLegion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2000
    I agree about Dooku & Vader should have been smaller with Sidious in the Vader spot. Dooku should have been in AOTC poster even more.

13. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    I completley agree that he should be in the AOTC poster but can someone edit it so it looks like the count is in the bottom left hand corner.

14. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    I suppose it is too hard for anyone to do it then. Or maybe not??

15. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    The Clones also work for the Sith as we see in Ep 3 and the OT. Sidious and Dooku were playing both sides towards the same goal.

16. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    Very nice point Deaddooku however the fact that Dooku is not in the poster(ep 2) still leaves me in awe. Come on someone must have a igh version of paint or something like that to make the poster complete. Darth Maul had hardly any lines in PM but he was on the poster. Why can't Dooku be on the AOTC poster. Not Revenge of the Sith because that is already too packed and Count is not even that main. SO....

17. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    Anyone......

18. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Try asking in the Fan Art forum. :)

19. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    O.K. i have made one. However it was made through a normal software paint. Version 1. And for that software i think i did o.k. Also this is my first effort in ever making a piece of art or editing art. Please do critisize. All i need to know how to get it onto this site. Could someone tell me how please thanks!

20. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    Someone tell me how i get it onto this thread!

21. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah but it sorta also gets rid of the mystery of Dooku.

22. TKLasagna

TKLasagna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2004
    Was there really ever a mystery about dooku? I was unspoiled for episode II, and for weeks before it came out I could see Dooku on promotions everywhere brandishing his red saber. If he didn't have the red saber out he had such a stern look on his face he HAD to be evil. Its practically spelled out in the second freaking scene of the movie but the jedi are too blind to beleive it.
    He probably should have been on the poster, not with a red saber, but there.

23. Arotas_Starlight

Arotas_Starlight Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    I didn't think that aspect of the print campaign was very smart either. They used jedi as background for the good guys and clones for the bad. That had to be confusing for the casual viewer who doesn't know a great deal about star wars. If you put the clones on the bad guys poster people are going to correlate them with being bad. They should have used the geonosians instead.

24. Box_Of_Sharp_Objects

Box_Of_Sharp_Objects Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Dooku should be in the AOTC poster instead of Jango and he already is in some ROTS posters which I think he shouldn't be in. He's killed pretty early on. in that one!

25. Darth_liquid

May 6, 2005
    In my version he is holding a lightsabre but it is not ignited so you dont know if he is a Jedi or a Sith. All i need to know is how to get it on this thread so you can all see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.