main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader #22: End of Games, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 3, 2016.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Published: June 29, 2016
    Rating: Rated T
    Writer: Kieron Gillen
    Penciller: Salvador Larroca
    Cover Artist: Salvador Larroca
    Vader takes on Cylo and his cybernetic operatives. The Executor moves closer to completion in time for its launch. Meanwhile — the murderbots take on their “master”.

spicer likes this.
  2. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There's some very neat observations in those preview pages.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hm, Vader will need to think outside the box to defeat this one. Fortunately it is Vader.

La Calavera, spicer and fett 4 like this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I saw what you did there

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    It looks like we're in for exceptionally awesome final issues.

Darth_Pevra and CnlSandersdeKFC like this.
  7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Well at least per this comic SSDs are still ridiculously easy to sabotage.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    LOVED Aphra's move. That was set up beautifully.

spicer and La Calavera like this.
  9. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Yeah, I can't wait to see how the last few issues go after the momentum built up here. Great stuff.

The variant covers highlight the need for action figures of so many of the comic characters though, get on it Hasbro! Aphra first.

10. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

What move? [face_hypnotized]

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    @Karl0413 - Beetee satisfied his priority protocol of delivering Aphra to the SSD. With that, he was open to new priority protocol - per her instruction - getting her the heck out of there.

12. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

[face_dancing]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    can you guys direct me to a thread about the cancellation of the Vader series? Have been following the collected editions and am sad to see it go.

14. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    OMG guys, do you think Vader survived the crash?!?

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There'll have been some discussion of it in the General Marvel thread, as that was one of the first places the bomb got dropped on.

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    They might, provided you don't mind 'em being about as limited as the vintage-style figures depicted on the variant covers :p (but with the films--old & new--and Rebels dominating, I'm not sure they'd get around to many of the comic characters anyhow... unless they start up another "Comic Pack" line! At least with the backslide to 5POA, we wouldn't be seeing great figures from the films in the main line, but wildly varying articulation & sculpt quality in the Comic Pack line like last time)

17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Very good issue as always. It was obvious that as soon as they decided to send the droids after Aphra instead of Vader himself that they were looking for a way to get Aphra out of this series alive. I have a feeling she is going to become a regular (or a semi regular) in the main line after this. They kind of set things up for her character to go back to the Rebels in the Rebel Jail arc.

I am curious though why Marvel seems to be rushing a bit to get this series over with by August. Wondering if the next series they have planned has something to do with Rogue One so they want to release it around the same time the movie comes out.

18. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    A Vader miniseries probably would've been announced or solicited by now (not that I've paid too close attention to the solicits for the next several months yet), but that's not a bad idea (something focused on his movements in the days/weeks leading up to Rogue One/ANH maybe)

19. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm guessing we will learn more during SDCC or SWCE during July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

No, I reckon he's done. Pity, he was a cool character and thought he had a future in the Empire. Oh well!

I'd love to see the Comic Pack line getting revived. They could start with a set including Aphra and the droids, then Kreel's Elite stormtroopers.

revan772 and spicer like this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That's what the Emperor gets for playing games with his employees. It's what they call poetic justice. He's a good manipulator but an awful leader who constantly overestimates his control.

Awesome action between Vader and that modified Rancor. I also enjoyed the dialogue, Voidgazer was an impressive opponent, definitely more competent than say Morit. Vader had to play it clever because he couldn't win by brute force.

Aphra's move was smooth! I have hope she survives.

As for Vader's alleged death, they didn't really show what happened after he tried the override. Maybe he catapulted himself into space or something, sending an emergency signal to Aphra. Heck, maybe she does save his life, that would be something, right? :D

22. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Unless they changed format (from a 2-pack), they'd need 2 sets to cover Aphra & the droids. Hasbro being what it is, Aphra would probably get packed with a repack of Vader, while the droids would be in their own set. Triple Zero would probably just be 3PO repainted, tho they could include 'electricity' effects to go over his hands maybe, akin to lightning effects they've done in the past for other figures... BT would likely just be R2 with a new head, tho it'd be nice if they'd include clip on accessories for his crazy weapons. As with any astromech, tho, I'd prefer they had a removable/retractable 3rd leg, something I think the recent basic R2s have been missing [face_sigh](I miss the Droid Factory line, too; basic astromechs, but with ankles & removable middle legs). Anyhoo. Something something something Vader!

23. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Just read the Gillen interview and it seems as though he is ending the series on his terms though his tweets about the matter seemed to imply otherwise. I'm glad that there's even a veneer of "this is where the story was supposed to go and end" because it means they might actually try to wrap up the stuff they have been seeding throughout the series!

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I hope Aphra doesn't become a Rebel. That would be an epic fail considering what she is and what she believes in.

fett 4 likes this.
  25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed. I admit I completely groaned when they had her working with Leia etc. It completely misses what makes her fun and interesting to read in the first place. She works perfectly as Vaders sidekick in jmo but as imagination has never been big in the EU Authors I can see them doing that joining the Rebellion route.