main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader #7: Shadows and Secrets, part 1 (of 6?)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 28, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I sure hope Vader doesn't eventually send Aphra off to seduce Luke and lead him into a trap.....because we haven't seen that a million times before

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If you want to do the Shira Brie plot, use the real Shira, imo. And Aphra's not the type for this mission.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I want an action figure, a backstory novel and appearances elsewhere in the universe. Maybe an one-off graphic novel where she's looking for artefacts elsewhere.

And I want those trousers she's wearing, they're awesome.

4. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    An Aphra prequel series could be star wars' answer to Indiana Jones!

Arc#1: Raiders of The Lost Escape Pod!
    Arc #2: The Station Of Doom
    Arc #3: The Last War
    Arc: #4 Kingdom Of The Crystal Lightsaber (Set in TFA time period when Aphra is sixty)

5. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Yes.All the yes.

6. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Vader could be the Marion Ravenwood of the series:p

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  8. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    So Aphra gets locked in a fridge while the Death Star takes a shot at it - and Aphra comes out of it just fine? :rolleyes:

Although, truth be told, considering that TCW already did an arc where the titles were all modified Hitchcock film titles, an arc of all-Indy titles would probably fit right in...

cwustudent, Ewok Poet and SilentGuy66 like this.
  9. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    An Aphra series could actually parallel the indy series surprisingly well despite being in the star wars universe.

1930's time period=10 BBY time period
    Nazis=Empire
    Thugees=Jedi
    Also Sallah could be a wookie:p

Star Wars: Aphra-It's begging to be made!

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I dug this issue for various reasons, the return of HK-speaking patterns in an IG-90, the banter between the bounty hunters, the crazy Rodian crimelord and the fact that Vader Force-fed him to a monster and then stabbed him through the monster's head just to be sure. I love the way Vader is used in the series, you see his character more through actions and terse statements and the single "flashback" panels for him add resonance.

Also I thought that "bomb" was just something that removed all biological / physical evidence from Kenobi's hut, but the hut itself is still standing. I get the feeling Gillen wanted to have Vader blow up Ben's hut, which makes sense from a character perspective and is a good capper to the scene, but Lucasfilm didn't allow it so it was a "clean slate" bomb.