main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin #1

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 2, 2013.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Darth Vader and the LSD-Addled Metal Album Cover Artist.

I kind of wonder who the guy is who's about to shoot Space Satan in the crotch, though.

dewback_rancher likes this.
  2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I want to see Darth Vader and the Seven Dwarf Spider Droids.

3. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Eh, I don't really care how awesome it turns out to be, I'm tired of endless Vader comics. Give me another arc of Invasion!

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry, becca. Darth Vader and the Low Financial Risk is here to stay.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I like the titles. Like Cronal said they have an Indiana Jones feel to them.
    First I felt like this new arc coming so soon after Ghost Prison could disappoint people if the quality doesn't match up, but after reading this topic disappointment seems to be unlikely.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  6. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    In pondering what precisely a Ninth Assassin might be when it's at home, a thought...a hope really...struck me: it could possibly be a Firepath reference. The Ninth Assassin could be a gamepiece or a strategem or perhaps an elusive final component of a rare and particularly valuable set - the Assassin certainly fits among the known pieces. Vader developing his appreciation for and understanding of the game would be an obvious backdrop, parallel, lens or what have you to his development as a threat at an intellectual, strategic and political level in addition to the physical.

Also, I now keenly feel the current lack of hobbyist Vader, or of Vader the collector tracking down little out-of-the-way antique shops or bidding at Hydians.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I like you. I like you a lot.

8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm not generally one for fanboy squeeing... but I might just squee at a Firepath reference.

dewback_rancher and Ulicus like this.
  9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I've always wanted them to release a full set of rules for Firepath.

Or even a limited edition board and actual pieces.

10. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    This all the way. Darth Vader may make a lot of money, but it would be nice to give him a break for a while and bring back Invasion, which didn't even get a proper ending. I like Darth Vader as much as the next guy, but there are more interesting projects that could easily fill this slot.

11. Abernati

Abernati Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2013
    Or at least let's team up Vader with Jerec for one mission. Most people have no idea who he is so for the unitiated there would be enough dramatic tension.

12. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Count me in on the real life Firepath plz. It'd be a niche game, but awesome.

Long ago, we'd have been pleased by that. Then Ghost Prison came, and everything changed...

14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I'm sure of it.

15. Mifunela

Mifunela Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2013
    Who is that?

What else did he write?

16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Indeed. I believe this is proof that we have entered into the best of all possible worlds.

17. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Just a thought...have we seen Vader's living quarters in a comic? Not sure.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ....back to how it was even longer ago when Blackman wrote stuff like Open Seasons and Obsession. :p

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, but we're talking about Blackman and Vader stories, specifically. :p

Or, at least, I thought we were. So, uh, we must have been. What I think goes, doncha know?

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    How dare you not mention Crossbones, the best SW comic ever? :p

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Crazy thought: maybe "Ninth" is a species name. Maybe that's what Dragon Guy is.

Ulicus likes this.
  22. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    "What are you?"

"I'm a Ninth."

"A ninth what?"

"No, a Ninth is what I am."

"Oh. A ninth of what?"

"I'm not a fraction, my species is named Ninth"

"Oh, I see."

"Thank goodness."

"But, ignoring the preceding eight species named before you, what's yours named?"

"Gah, stop it!"

"Wait. Are you an angel?"

----

And that's how Darth Vader defeated the Ninth Assassin.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Who's on first.

24. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I agree that, between Purge and the Darth Vader series, the Vader-centric thing is getting a little old. The way I see it, there isn't much that can be done with the character that hasn't already been done. We've seen him kill Jedi upon Jedi and we've gotten into the conflict in his mind numerous times. Personally, I think DH should have a story arc where he proves himself as the capable fleet commander that he is in TESB. That's pretty much the only loose end that needs tying up between his character in the PT and his character in the OT. I really want to see him inspire trust and admiration in the Imperial Navy so that his transformation from young Jedi to second-in-command of the Empire can be complete. After that, I wouldn't mind DH putting all these Darth Vader adventures aside for a while.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We now have a description for this one:

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER AND THE NINTH ASSASSIN #1 (of 5)
    Tim Siedell (W), Stephen Thompson (P), Mark Irwin (I), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Ariel Olivetti (Cover)

On sale Apr 17
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries

Eight assassins hired to murder Darth Vader—eight assassins dead. Now the man who enlisted them seeks a ninth assassin. The price? A cost higher than all the credits in his bottomless coffers. But when it comes to avenging his son, no sacrifice is too great to acquire the one man who can kill the Dark Lord of the Sith...