main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Darth Vader around the World

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I think some of the Card players will be going to eat after the picture since we have some time to kill before the games. I could handle going and seeing AOTC IMAX. Does anyone know what time it is playing?

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    me! me! I wouldn't mind seeing AOTC again! I don't know when it is playing though.

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll go!! Don't know when it's playing though. I thought it was just at night.

And we ought to be able to get a Cathedral shot, somehow. At least, a shot in front of the Cathedral where his gargoyle is.

4. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I think the times are still the same: 6ish and 8ish.

5. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I'm coming down but I'll have to leave around 3:30 to get to work.

6. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Glad you can make it for the picture, Mitt!

I checked the movie times and I was right: there is a 6pm and a 8:15. I don't think I'll be going, but there you go.

7. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    well, TCGer and anyone that wants to join us. Where are we eating after the picture?

8. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    There's just a lot of crummy places by the Mall. If people want to travel a bit, we can come up with something good.

9. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    E, are you and Ken coming tro the Tourney?

10. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I propose we go to one of the Irish Pubs on Cap Hill. I'd love to have a good slow-pour Guinness!

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    A pub might not be a good idea since I think we'll have minors with us...

Doesn't matter to me where we eat, as long it doesn't require too much walking around in the cold. :)

12. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Mmmmm Guinness!!!!

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    When's the tourney again? Saturday? I can't keep anything straight these days - I thought it was last weekend.

Capitol Hill is a good idea - and places like the Dubliner are restaurants during the day, so in the afternoon it shouldn't be a problem. And if it is, there's tons of places to eat around the Hill. And great photo ops.

14. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am there! this sounds like fun and AOTC will be even added fun! I don't care where we eat but food must be on the agenda! Are we wearing costumes? You know me i love to play dress up! But i am too much of a coward to do it all by myself!

15. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    weather report said rain or snow Saturday morning but only cloudy in the afternoon. hopefully we will still be able to take the pic outside.

Sha I am not wearing mine due to the cold.

16. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    It would be a fine day to dress up as your favorite Hoth character.

17. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey Sharon,

Do you want to meet up and ride the Metro together Saturday? Just let me know when and where.

18. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    well, I'll wear my Hoth Leia costume if everyone else dresses up. Otherwise I won't be in costume.

19. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I will wear my Starfleet uniform!!!

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'd love to see a Starfleet uniform in the picture.

I probably won't be in costume - mine will be in the midst of repairs and re-do's so it actually fits at Farpoint.

21. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    It would be funny, but I was just joking. In truth, I don't own a costume of any kind. I mainly just go to cons dressed as a fan boy. And from some of them that I have seen, I'm not even really dressed fan boyish enough. Since the most you will see on me is a t-shirt or sweatshirt and of course my Darth Maul jacket.

22. DarthDrew

Sep 26, 2002
    Speaking of walking around in the cold, does anyone have a minivan we could go to various photo places in? Christa and I have a car that can fit five comfortably (six in a pinch). We'd be happy to shuttle a few around with us.
    What loctions are we scouting for the pics?
    - Washington Phallic Symbol
    - Capital?
    - Lincoln?
    - Einstein?
    - National Cathedral?

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The only far one is the Cathedral - and I love the idea of Vader on Einstein's lap. Only true Washingtonians will appreciate that!

There's also the White House. And the Exorcist steps in Georgetown, but that's a bit out of the way. How long do we get to keep the Dark Lord of the Sith?

I don't think it's supposed to be all that cold on Saturday, so I don't mind walking, but then again, it wasn't supposed to snow today either.

24. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    The longest Lord Vader can inspect the Senate is two weeks, but I would like to get him moving as soon as possible. He has a lot of stops on his tour.

25. DarthDrew

Sep 26, 2002
    Exorcist Steps! Exorcist Steps! Ohhhhh... I see the dark Lord on the top step at night with one person on the steps in Jedi uniform splayed out like he's been slain. "The Purge has begun!" Great idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.