main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~Darth Vader: Becoming the Dark Lord~ {Final Update Is Now Up!}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darth_nemisis, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Title: Darth Vader: Becoming the Dark Lord
    Author: darth_nemisis
    Timeframe: Post-ROTS
    Characters: Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine
    Genre: Action
    Summary: Follow Darth Vader as he rises from a hurt Sith Apprentice, to the menacing Dark Lord of the Sith.

[/blockquote]

[color=red][hl=black][b][u]Darth Vader: Becoming the Dark Lord[/u][/b][/hl][/color]

[b][u]Chapter 1[/u][/b]

Darth Vader stood staring down at a wreck of droid parts scattered all around the room. It had been months since he was put into this horrid suit. He had not yet become accustomed to it, and did not like it too well. The voice that came out of the mask when he spoke was not his own, but that of a mechanical vocabulator. He was not able to speak on his own yet, the damage to his body had been too extensive. He felt slower in the suit, less maneuverable, a quality not to his liking. It made him a lesser being in his eyes, and hopefully not in his masters.

Since the day of his placement into the suit, he has been training, getting use to it, attempting to become even better than he was without it. He had improved much since then, but he still felt like a different being. He knew he wasnÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t Anakin Skywalker anymore; he had given up that name before he even entered the suit. He didnÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t even quite feel like Darth VaderÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦he felt like an alien; no, a robot.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of an electro-staff being ignited. Whirling around, blade ignited, he deflected the attack delivered by one of the Magna-Guards. He had destroyed one of these as Anakin Skywalker, the day that he rescued Palpatine from the [i]Invisible Hand[/i] when the battle of Coruscant was brewing. But for some reason, he beat them with such ease now, but back then, it took too much power than what seemed necessary.

The Magna-Guard twirled its double-edged electro-staff and came in with a thrust towards VaderÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢s mid-section. Vader easily deflected it with his red saber, but was forced to block another attack that the droid sent at Vader, this one toward his right side. Vader did a forward flip over the droid, and did a back thrust towards the guards back. It managed to get one of the ends of the staff to deflect it, and it rolled forward, getting clear of the dangerous Sith. Pushing a button on itÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢s arm, a door opened behind it, and out came yet another Magna-Guard. If Vader was able to smile, he would have.

The two droids leapt at Vader in unison. One came at him with an attack in the direction of his right side, while the other attacked to the opposite side. Vader leapt up and back-flipped. When he landed, he began feeding off his anger, his hatred, his pain; using the death of his loved one to give him power. With that, he seemed invincible.

Vader leapt at the two, using the Dark Side as his tool, not like he use to as a Jedi, when he let the Force take him, [i]he[/i] took the Force. The speed in which he moved was unbelievable, especially within his suit. His blade was like a blade with in a fan, moving so fast, it was like a blur of light. He lobbed off both hands of one Magna-Guard, and managed to get his blade through the chest plate of the other guard. The hand-less guard leapt at Vader, and was met with a blade of light through the face. The other guard attempted a slice aimed at VaderÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢s head. But, Vader was not there to meet the staff, the handless droid was. Its head was smashed into pieces, and it fell to the ground, useless.

The Dark Lord deactivated his saber, even though there was still a Magna-Guard left. He looked at it as it charged at him. With an outstretched hand, Vader grasped a hold of the droid through the Force, and squeezed. Within seconds, the droids shattered into pieces. It fell to the ground in a pile of scrap metal. Vader turned around and walked out, going to see his master in the throne room.

-----------

Emperor Palpatine, formerly known as Darth Sidious, stood in a wind

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    :D looks good so far my friend. i look forward to the next installment.

3. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Awesome!

You seem to capture the emotion that was in Vadr and put into words rather clearly. Is this the First attempt at a Story? If so you have done a remarkable job. If not, then you have done enough to master what could be the beginning or a rather great story.

Perhaps when you right more aopbut the Emperor you could reflect on how Vader is better than any of the other apprentices and on how cold an calculating Palpatine is.

I want to read more. That is also a good quality in a writer. If you make it to where the reader wants more then you are doing the job right. Keep at it.

4. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thank you! I appreciate the good words guys!:)

Zandoran: No, this is not my first attempt, but I feel it will be my first completed fan fic. The others I just sort of lost interest in, I felt I was approaching it wrong. But this one, I feel right.

An update will be posted either tonight, or definatly tomorrow night. ;)

darth_nemisis

5. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Looks good. I like reading about what is in Vader's mind. I look forward to the rest of the story.

[face_devil]~Vader~[face_devil]

MTDSBWY
    ~DD[face_devil]

6. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thank you DD! It's appreciated.

Looks like it will be coming tomorrow, instead of tonight. I was kind of busy tonight. SO, look for it at about 9pm to 12am board time tomorrow. :)

darth_nemisis

7. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    Excellent start! Vader has always been my favorite Sith and this new perspective of him in the beginning has me craving more! :D

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thank you jpauln. I hope you stick around and keep reading! :D

darth_nemisis

9. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Chapter 2-Part 1

A man, dressed in a long brown cloak, sat, eyes closed, deep in meditation. He had been doing this for years, since before the Clone Wars even began. He was a man who had found his inner self long ago, one who has been alone for almost four years. He knew nothing of emotion, he knew nothing of attachments, and he knew nothing of death. He only knew the Force. He was one with the Force. All the time. Not when he was in battle, not when he was in meditation, but all the time. He had been training himself since he left the Jedi Order just before the war.

This man was former Jedi Master, Rasca Farr. Right now, he sat alone on the jungle moon of Endor, living in harmony with his surroundings, with the creatures of the planet, especially the Ewoks. He knew of all the happenings, almost everything that has gone on in the galaxy. He knew the Clone Wars had come to a close; he knew of the fact the Republic loved no longer; he knew of the turning of young Skywalker.

Skywalker was a sensitive subject for him. He had been one who disapproved of him being trained as a Jedi. So long ago, before any of these terrible things came along, he had seen Anakin Skywalker enter the Council room in the Jedi Temple, on top of the spire. He had seen him leave, and knew that the boy was to be trained?that day he would never forget.

He would also never forget the day he saw Skywalker for the second time. Ten years later, in the same area at the Jedi Temple. Though, Rasca felt something in Skywalker he had never felt in any Jedi before. That was the day he left. He left the planet, and flew to Endor, and has lived there ever since.

Though, as wise as this man was; being able to sense that Skywalker was a troublesome Jedi, being able to foreshadow the terrible events Skywalker would bring; Rasca was blind to the fact that he was one of the only Jedi left. He had felt all the deaths of the Jedi all around the galaxy. But, he thought there were more, such as Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti. He was unaware that these great Jedi, some of the greatest the Order has ever seen, were dead.

However, Rasca was not blind to the fact that there was countless number of ships approaching his destination. He was not unaware of the fact that he was right now, being watched. And he knew that his time to act was soon coming. And he knew that he was about to have his first confrontation with the new Dark Lord of the Sith.

[/blockquote]

Here is the update I promised. It is a bit short, but it is a two parter. This has an introduction to one of my main characters. So, enjoy! [face_happy]

[color=red][hl=black][b][i]darth_nemisis[/b][/i][/color][/hl]

10. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Chapter 2-Part 2

Darth Vader entered the throne room, and made his way up to the chair where his master was sitting?.rather, he would have been sitting. The chair was empty, and Darth Vader did not know why. It was a rare occasion that his master would leave his chair; he usually spent his time in here, meditating on the future, thinking about what they would do next with the Empire that they have formed. But, why was he absent? Where was he?

Then, the Sith apprentice heard a sound behind him. As he turned around, he saw four Imperial Royal Guards, they were formally known as the Senate guards; he often referred to as the ?red robed guards? as a child; enter the room, followed by the Emperor himself.

Lord Vader went to one knee, bowed his head, and said. ?What is thy bidding, my master?? he asked, his voice deep and menacing as always.

?Ah, Lord Vader, rise? Palpatine said, and Vader did so, coming up to full height. It seemed as if he was using the same voice he had been using for 13 years, since the first day the two meet. ?I have a new mission for you, my apprentice.? That was a good thing. He had stopped calling him, ?my boy.? As much as Anakin had loved Palpatine, he had always hated that. ?We are?scouting for a planet, well, a moon in this case, to begin the first processes of our Second Death Star.? He made his way to his throne seat, and sat down. ?Upon scouting the surface of the moon, we have come across?.?he trailed off, a big smile on his face. ?A Jedi.?

Vader looked up, and would have smiled if he was able to. ?A Jedi?? he said. He thought they were all dead. ?Are you sure??

?Yes, my apprentice. I have seen the footage myself. This man seems to be the former Jedi Master Rasca Farr. Do you know of such a Jedi??

Vader nodded his head, the weight of the helmet seemingly bearing down on him, still not accustomed to the fact that he had to wear the suit. ?He left the order when Anakin returned back to Coruscant after Ansion,? he said. He didn?t even refer to himself as Anakin, he referred to Anakin just as he was, a dead being, one who he is trying to forget?.just like Pad?He cut that thought off. He only wanted to think about her in times of battle, it gave him strength.

?Ah. Good. Then you will be familiar with his presence?.?? He said in more of a question then a statement. Darth Vader nodded, his menacing mask moving back and forth. ?Good. Then I need you to travel to the forest moon of Endor, and kill him.?

Darth Vader went to one knee, bowed his head once more and said, ?As you wish, my master.? After he said this, he got up, and walked out, his black cape flowing behind him. He was going to enjoy this.

[/blockquote]

Here is another short update, it is the other part of chapter two, so that's why these two are so short.

I will not be on for the rest of the day, so an update will not be coming tonight.

I hope you guys enjoy! [face_happy]

[color=red][hl=black][b][i]darth_nemisis[/b][/i][/color][/hl]

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    awesome job my friend. you captured vader and palps perfectly. i love the way you cut off the thought about padme. great.

12. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thanks Trimaj! :)

I will try and get an update up tonight, but I am not promising anything. I have been rather busy.

darth_nemisis

13. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Chapter 3

Darth Vader, Dark Apprentice to Emperor Palpatine, the strongest man in the galaxy; perhaps the strongest man ever; was on board a command ship, the Extravagant. This was his first command ship. His, to use however he wished. He was not on the bridge however, but the specially built Meditation Chamber where he was able to breath without his mask-one of the only places in the galaxy where he was able to.

He was on his way to the jungle moon of Endor, a place where the Emperor was thinking about building the second Death Star. The first one was undergoing construction at the moment. It was about one hundred and twenty kilometers in diameter, and was being estimated to hold about twenty-five thousand to thirty thousand Stormtroopers-formally known as Clone troopers, as well as nearly seven and a half thousand starfighters. Palpatine believed it was necessary to have more than one, because he felt he would need to keep the star systems in-line, and felt that one would not do the trick.

Vader felt a presence draw near. It was that of Lorth Needa, a lowly Imperial officer. Once Vader heard the door open, the lid to his chamber opened, and he swiveled in his chair, and faced the officer, staring directly at him, right into his eyes. Vader could feel the fear in the officer, and liked it. He felt this emotion quite often now days. It seemed the suit stroke fear into everyone, a good quality about it. Vader just sat there, staring, waiting for the Imperial Officer to speak.

-------

A buzzer blared in front of his face, the sound ringing in his ear. It wouldn?t stop, and he dreaded that sound. This man was the Imperial officer Lorth Needa. He had lived on Coruscant all his life, and was employed as a man who controlled one of the orbital mirrors over Coruscant, which reflected light from the sun onto the surface of the city planet. He had hated that job, and was glad to join the Empire, he had done so without regret, and was happy to get rid of that awful job.

But, there was one part of this job that he hated. He had been picked to inform the Dark Lord that they were close, and that he should start getting ready to scour the planet for the Jedi. He had never seen Darth Vader in person, he had only seen him in pictures, heard, and read of his tales. He had been the one to win the Clone Wars, he had killed countless number of Jedi, and was one of the most powerful men in the galaxy. And he was on his way to meet him, just the two of them. In the same room. Alone. He did not like the sound of it. If he wanted to, Vader could kill him on the spot just by looking at him.

Needa was almost to the door of Vader?s meditation chamber, where he had been for the whole trip here, meditating, and, somehow, strengthening himself, and giving him power. He didn?t understand it, he didn?t understand the Force, and never would. As Needa stopped at the door, he began to shake, and he his legs almost buckled, but he had to do it.

He walked in, still shaking, and stopped at the walkway into the chamber. The lid opened, and Needa saw him, watched him turn around in his chair without making a move?must have been the Force.

?What is it?? the Dark Lord asked, his voice deep and menacing. He had heard stories of how he spoke, and heard how terrifying it was. But it was nothing compared to actually hearing it. It was so deep; so evil. ?What is it, Needa?? he asked again, this time including his name. That snapped him back to attention, a bit amazed at how he knew his name, he had, in fact, never seen him before.

?W-we are nearing our destination,? he said, his voice shaky. ?We will be arriving anytime soon.?

?Good,? the Dark Lord replied. ?Ready my shuttle, as well as a full battalion of troopers.?

?A-as you wish, m-my lord,? Needa said, as he quickly walked out of the room, relieved to be out of there. All though it wasn?t as bad as he would have thought, he still wished he wouldn?t have to do it ever again. But he knew that was not going to happen. He had a feeling t

14. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    very good, you truly do catch the essence of the characters. And i love Needa's emotion. you truly capture the fear that vader held in his sway.....

15. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thanks Zandoran! Glad you like it!

darth_nemisis

16. Rabai

Rabai Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    This is awesome i love it, cant wait to see the rest:)

17. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Vader isn't fast. OMG j00 fail! [face_plain]

Just joking, man. Excellent job, thus far. Keep it up with the updates and the flow, and you'll have a great story on your hands. It seems as if you have it very well planned out, so now just get it out to us. ;)

~Vassago

18. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Rabai: Thanks man!

Vassago: I don't care...Vader is fast IMO! [face_plain]

:p Anyway, thanks for the comment! I will be sure to keep the updates coming. Working on it now.

darth_nemisis

19. jpauln

May 3, 2005
    Great updates! Your story continues to develop at a good pace. I look forward to the confrontation between Vader and the Jedi. :)

20. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thanks jpauln! It will be coming soon!

I will have the update up later tonight. ;)

darth_nemisis

21. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    As I promised, my next update. This one isn't as short as the others. Enjoy!

[/blockquote]

[u][b]Chapter 4[/b][/u]

Rasca arose from meditation, as he felt a great shift in the Force. For the pass four years, Endor had been a great place to meditate, the living Force felt tremendous on this planet because of all the living things on the planet, both good and bad. But there was never the taint of the Dark side, well not enough that he could feel. The feeling he felt now seemed to drown him in the Dark Side. He could only think of one person that would cause this much power in the Dark Side of the Force?.Darth Vader. He knew the Dark Lord had arrived, and he knew that the Dark Lord was looking for him. All he had to do now?was wait.

------

Darth Vader exited his shuttle, as did the full battalion of hundreds of troopers. Stepping off the ramp, he looked around the forest. He tried to land as close as possible to where he thought he felt the presence, but now, he felt nothing. The Jedi must have masked himself in the Force.

?Split up, find the Jedi,? he said. ?If you find him, contact me, but do not kill him,? he said, his voice even deeper and evil than what it already was. ?If you do, you will wish you hadn?t.? With that, he turned around and stepped into the forest, his cape flowing in the small breeze blowing in his direction.

------

Rasca moved along on the tree tops, using the Force to guide him, leaping from branch to branch. He has done this for many years now, and was quite accustomed to it. Though, this time he had to concentrate on masking himself, so that not even the Dark Lord could detect him, and that was not an easy feat, and was taking a lot out of him, while also flying through the trees. A task that was much harder than it may have looked, even for a Jedi Master who has spent years strengthening himself for this very day.

After sensing some people off in the distance, Master Farr slowed his movements in an attempt to create no noise at all. He did not want to be discovered so easily. He approached the presence, now a much stronger presence as it seemed to be a group. They looked a lot like the troopers used in the Clone Wars, but a bit different. They were all white, just like the Clone troopers, and the armor seemed almost symmetrical. However, the head was slightly larger around, and it looked a bit different in the face. Obviously these troopers wore upgraded armor, and possibly upgraded weaponry, as well as systems that could help in a search such as this one. So, Master Farr knew he would have to act fast if he wanted to avoid detection.

So, he gave himself to the Force, allowing it to flow into him, allowed it to take control of him. And he attacked. In the matter of a second, he whipped down from the tree from which he was located, and ignited his saber just before coming in contact with the first trooper. The blade went through his neck. Rasca flicked his blade to lob his head off. The other troopers readied their weapons?but it was too late. They were all dead before they got the weapon to their shoulders. And Rasca was off again, into the trees.

------

Darth Vader scanned the area in front of him, both with his eyes, which were enhanced by his mask, and the Force. He could find nothing, and it started to aggravate him. How did the Emperor know that a Jedi was here? How could he possibly know?

?Sir!? A commander said, running towards the Dark Lord.

?What is it, commander?? he asked.

?We have found some bodies, all of which have burn wholes in them,.? The commander spoke fast, and in a seemingly excited voice. ?Most likely came from a lightsaber,? the commander said, recalling his days from the Clone Wars when he served under the Jedi, and watched them slice through armored battle droids like butter with their lightsabers. He just hoped he would not be cut down by one anytime soon, they looked very painful.

?Where?? Vader asked, short and concise.

?About half a kilometer to the west,? the storm trooper said, pointing his f

22. jpauln

May 3, 2005
    Excellent update as usual! I have a feeling the next one is going involve some major Jedi/Sith action ;)

23. Rabai

Rabai Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    Truly brilliant, i cant wait to see vader chop this guy up![face_devil]

you are a true artist Nemisis!:)

~Rabai~

24. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thanks you two! I am glad you guys are sticking around! :) Hopefully others start to read!

jpauln, you never know...[face_mischief]

darth_nemisis

25. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] Rasca Rasca.
    Truly his end will come soon!

I mean, so many Jedi, many of greater ability died against Vader. I am eager to see this upstart face some Sithly slaughter.

Excellent Nem. I enjoy reading it without a doubt=D=

Cant wait for the next piece :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.